Tabac VS MWF?

I will buy Tabac tomorrow. I haven't used either, but I know how many praise the MWF. I want to ask those who have used both soaps if they think that the Tabac can come close second after the MWF. I would be really surprised if it can outperform it, but I would at least feel reassured that this soap worth the money if it can compete with the famous MWF.

Last edited:
They are both great choices. Personally, I prefer MWF as I find it better protects & conditions but it can be a right git to lather until you get the hang of it. Tabac is a lot easier to lather, cheaper and a good solid performer so I doubt you'll be disappointed.

MWF or the Kent version is my choice. Tabac is wonderful too, and easier to lather.

With a new MWF puck, I soak it for at least 24 hours, and after that I am able to lather successfully with London water. MWF wins because it's slicker, and the face feels amazing afterwards.

Well, I need to get the bowl one, because I want to have a bowl to store my refills. But I will consider what you said. Do you know why this is the case? It sounds kind of weird, doesn't it? :/

Store your refills?

My theory that I've repeated here and elsewhere many times... basically the stick in it's container keeps the soap hydrated whereas the bowl (tabs under lid) therefore allows the soap cake to dry out. Side by side both can smell very different depending on how hydrated they are, the drier it is the more floral the scent seems to be conversely the more hydrated the wood and tabacco comes to the fore. I assume that's why the scent divides opinion as it can but it is the same stuff in both, still I got rid of the bowl kept the stick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom