Tabac VS MWF?

Simple. Tabac is anymuch better than MWF - just see the comparisons.

Tabac is dead easy to lather - MWF doesn't lather (well occasionally it does)
Tabac has a great designed bowl with sides that stop the puck rotating. MWF's tub looks like it was made in a children's pottery class and the puck spins round like a pottery wheel.
Tabac stays good for years - MWF dries up and sulks if you don't use it every other day.
Tabac smells great (not really like a tramp in a blackberry bush) - MWF smells like granny's knicker drawer.

I'm all for flying the flag but in this instance it's Germany 1 - England 0
If Wool Fat is Up to All that Kinda Malarkey & I believe that it Does its Got all the Hallmarks of a Poorly produced Soap..That's Not the Hallmark of a Decent Tallow Soap..That's the Hallmark of RIP Off Britian..:eek:

Billy

On you go Billy, after all at one time you'd never tried a tallow soap at all, whilst others of us were enjoying the fat ever so many years ago. Like the count I never had probs with the fat, just keep things moist...

JohnnyO. o/

I have a very interesting and kinda funny fact to share. I used a pre-shave and an After-shave Balm, but guess what. The Tabac's scent is the one that won.

I don't know how that works, but it's great! I don't even have to use a cologne. That's some spooky shi though

haha

Tabac has a great designed bowl with sides that stop the puck rotating. MWF's tub looks like it was made in a children's pottery class and the puck spins round like a pottery wheel.
Tabac stays good for years - MWF dries up and sulks if you don't use it every other day.
Tabac smells great (not really like a tramp in a blackberry bush) - MWF smells like granny's knicker drawer.

I'm afraid you hit the nail with these facts. But I am still hyped to try the MWF too in the future. I want to get the bowl too, but I find it very expensive. If you think about it, it's 17 euros. While the Tabac's is only 6. lol

It's a cool bowl though.

Mike, your analogies are good for lots of other things about Yorkshire - particularly the one about sulks - it could apply to Geoffrey Boycott since the late nineteen seventies. And Ray Illingworth. And Bian Rose (look at these bruises).

The Fat would crack the bowl if it wasn't the size it is. Just add water (and by add water, I mean fill up the bowl) wait 24 hours and then try it. I guarantee you will have more lather than you could shake a stick at...and the puck will have filled the bowl.
http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/planofmans-mwf-hydration-method.46346/

How could it crack exactly?
A often used puck of MWF always expands to fit the bowl as the puck absorbs water. So the bowl is the right size for the puck.

I actually doubt that the bowl would crack, but the puck would come over the top of the bowl if it was sized perfectly for it from the get go. MWF swells when it gets watered.
IMG_20150805_235019462_zpsqhavifwe.jpg

IMG_20150807_050821035_zpsarzeel5z.jpg

Before and after pics.

Last edited:
And why that wouldn't happen to Tabac's one?

@moodymick is not a believer. He's "one who can't" when it comes to Mitchell's. Mitchell's chooses you, or it doesn't.

Yeah, Tabac cracks, too. Both bowls do also ... Tabac shatters quite spectacularly; Mitchell's just breaks in two. You can still use the Mitchell's soap after such an incident, Tabac is full or shards.

Don't let your wonky heritage stop you ... I mean, Black Pudding is a real favourite of mine and doesn't repeat on me or 'owt. We're all together in the north, now. I didn't vote for it personally, but since we are I'll make the best of it :D

@moodymick is not a believer. He's "one who can't" when it comes to Mitchell's. Mitchell's chooses you, or it doesn't.

Yeah, Tabac cracks, too. Both bowls do also ... Tabac shatters quite spectacularly; Mitchell's just breaks in two. You can still use the Mitchell's soap after such an incident, Tabac is full or shards.
I hope you're trolling.

Back
Top Bottom