SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

Beautiful SOTN (Head & Face) following recent mail call.

Blackland Era SB5 (face)
Leaf & Henson AL13++ (Head)
HC&C Year of the Tiger (soap & splash)
Alpha Outlaw UKWSS Brush
AP Shave Co 26mm G5C knot
Lord Super Chrome
Proraso Red then Coconut Oil with Argan Oil Preshave
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming & La Roche Posay B5 Balms - saw both and couldn't decide so figured why not double up
Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Booster Serum

First use with HC&X Year of the Tiger, a tremendous scent and outstanding soap & splash - my first from HC&C. Spoiled myself to a nice leisurely shave this evening, outstanding from start to finish.

Attachments

• PXL_20230205_184423568.jpg
    PXL_20230205_184423568.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9
04/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 II
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Highlander Patriot SynBad
Soap: P&B Right Handed Giant

No picture today. I could barely bring myself to write this.

A shave this morning before taking Milo, my dog, to be put to sleep. I've had him since a pup - over 12 years. I always knew this day would come but it still broke my heart holding him earlier as he passed. It's only been a couple of hours but I miss him terribly.

View attachment 100120
Sorry to see this Chris, only just seen the post. Dogs are every bit like family, especially after all these years.

04/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 II
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Highlander Patriot SynBad
Soap: P&B Right Handed Giant

No picture today. I could barely bring myself to write this.

A shave this morning before taking Milo, my dog, to be put to sleep. I've had him since a pup - over 12 years. I always knew this day would come but it still broke my heart holding him earlier as he passed. It's only been a couple of hours but I miss him terribly.

View attachment 100120
Very sad news Chris, I unfortunately know how that horrible event feels. My condolences.

429D6DCD-8326-480E-ADD0-7F25959FFF3C.jpeg
SOTD: 05/02/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur Clone
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 3rd use
Brush: Boti Annual Ring
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Emperor Oud

I absolutely love this scent and it lathered up a treat with the little Boti I was kindly gifted and only just got round to using. The HC&C oil apparently can be mixed with white rum or any scentless alcohol to make a splash so I thought I’d finally give it a shot so to speak to see how it works. I tried a little splash as directed and only one drop of oil and it worked a treat, the scent lasted all day and was amazing! I’m definitely going to buying more soon!

dPXaYJA.png

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Standard / Schick Proline / Oumo 26mm SILK/Manchuria / DG Weinstrasse Shave Soap & AS
I picked up two new RazoRock Artist Club single edge razors, the V3 standard and the V3.open comb. The standard version gives a surprisingly smooth and efficient shave – much more efficient than any of my vintage Gillette DEs, just not as pretty.

Back
Top Bottom