SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

SOTD 06-Feb
20230205_151412.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2
Soap: MWF
Razor: CG Level 3 (Latest)
Blade: Rubie(3)

Another switch up to the latest CG gen level 3, nowhere near as aggressive and I suspect the smoothness won't last as long. On the plus side its a no brainer plate, smooth running with absolutely no effort.

Day 6 of the fat, I swear I found wool in the bed this morning.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
And welcome to a very fine Sunday and my first entry for this week which arrives themed, 'Orange'

20230205_120736.jpg

Tangerine - Razorock Hawk V3
Blood orange - Schick Proline
Orange bicycles - Yaqi Dandelion
Orange amplifiers- Menrock Scicilian Lime
Orange juice - L'Occitane Cade balm

'Final touches and all ready to work on a tug boat in Immingham. How spiffing'

A most wonderful reunion with the Hawk and we laughed as we shared our tales since being apart. Okay. No we didn't. But I did reward it with a new Proline as I had no idea how long the previous had been in use. That's the thing with AC blades they just go on and on. No different to me in that case.

A great lather from the dying tub of Menrock and one which if I see in TK again will be a definite purchase. Sod this restraining malarkey.

This little trio have always thrown up stunning shaves in the past and this turn out was no different. After a day of being arsed around with work this was just what the day needed. Superlative.

Have a lovely week ahead one and all and a lovely day deserves love for you all from me. I love you all.

Have some Japanese ladies to bring in the week. Punk because there is no fourth chord. Punk because there isn't any.....

And what a little liar I am. It's a Monday. Oh the devilment of it all

dgZgep4.png

MENTHOL MONDAY
RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium Single Edge AC Razor
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. AP400 Slim 22mm MiG Synth
LATHER: ‌Luna Cosmetics Mentolado Shaving Soap

04/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 II
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Highlander Patriot SynBad
Soap: P&B Right Handed Giant

No picture today. I could barely bring myself to write this.

A shave this morning before taking Milo, my dog, to be put to sleep. I've had him since a pup - over 12 years. I always knew this day would come but it still broke my heart holding him earlier as he passed. It's only been a couple of hours but I miss him terribly.

View attachment 100120
@Boycie83 Sorry to hear this. We’ve gone through it three times. It’s never easy Chris, but you’ll never lose treasured memories. Take care.

06/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 06 (3).JPG
That was a great shave from a great set up.
A Comfortable BBS finish from 2 passes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Didn't shave yesterday, as I went to a race to check my running progress - doing well, but not that well that I even came near to the top of my age group. Middle of the pack overall and age group, etc.

Today:
Finished off the Wizamet in the slim. I've had a good run with this, so time to let it go before I ruin it! Razor now cleaned up and away, blade gone.

I got an absolutely super lather with the Fine Latigo - will need a replacement soap shortly.

3 passes, feeling fine, smelling divine.

Have a good start to the week everyone.

Attachments

• 20230206_083134.jpg
    20230206_083134.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
6 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #2
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Wholly Kaw: Vor V (Siero)

not a very inspiring shave, for some reason.. it did the job, don't get me wrong, but just felt very..... ordinary. One of those days, I suppose.

Monday February 6, 2023
Razor: Schick Type "O" Clone Injector
Blade: Injector
Brush: Sorrentino "Clown Puke"/White Synthetic
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Avon Island Lime
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,554
Cheers Dave. I’ve a restock to go to Pasteur late this week, so should all be available again in Pasteur soon.

I called my soaps Hybrid just as a branding - it’s a Croap with a twist in the way I make.
Regards Brian

Last edited:
Second shave with the Boots blade. It's certainly sharp and maybe it's confirmation bias but it doesn't seem as smooth as other blades made at the old Cramlington factory.

The Mogno shaving soap sample is a replacement for the Cyril R Salter hard soap they didn't have in stock, and it's fantastic! A great strong complex floral scent and a huge amount of cushioning lather!

Interestingly the Proraso Azur Lime says on back label "an intense freshness of lemon and orange enriched by mint leaves". No mention of any lime!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Popular No. 45
Blade: Boots Super Stainless (1970s)
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno
Aftershave: Proraso Azur Lime cologne https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63e0fd30d581142156d56bc4
PXL_20230205_221219636.jpg

Back
Top Bottom