SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

SOTD: 5th February 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant.
Blade: Ninja Stainless. (D2)

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien X-Bolt ASL. / Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB./ X-Bolt EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The 37C is such a smooth efficient razor to shave with. Slant bar razors don't get the love they rightly deserve, paired up with the Ninja stainless cut through my remaining stubble effortlessly.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of X-Bolt EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

My sincerest condolences. Take time to grieve. We're with you.

So sorry mate, nothing worse than losing a companion. :cry:

View attachment 100152
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Schick Twinjector
Schick Twin Blade(6)
P&B Night Witch
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice (Indian) a/s

I have been using this set up exclusively for the past couple of weeks, with the intention of finally seeing off this soap. I’m still really enjoying the Schick, which I’m finding delivers a really smooth and very close shave, that “lasts” a bit longer. Very impressed with the longevity of the blades compared to a DE blade.

Enjoy yours gents.

@Boycie83. Condolences Chris. It’s always a tough one to take.

@Boycie, a sweet video with a happy ending to cheer you up, buddy. ;)

I came in late in the game @Boycie83, But I can truly relate to what you're feeling about now. I'm not ashamed to admit that my dog Barney was my best friend in the world. The night he passed last winter, I drove him 20 miles in a blizzard at midnight to the only vetrinary hospital that was open -- and I have cataracts and daylight only license. Sadly, he didn't make it, and the ride home was pretty dismal. I still miss him so much.

zyNIdZw.jpg

Sorry to hear that Chris. My gf has a similar dog, 13 years old, blind, and more than a little unsteady on her feet. She dotes on it like a child of her own. We know it could be any time soon. She will be in bits when the inevitable happens.

This is Gizmo. She's becoming a minor Tiktok sensation since my girl videod herself making Gizmo dance to my ska tunes with me doing voice over. She is into all that stuff and posts all sorts. It's got 1000 likes in a couple of days
View attachment 100156

Thank you all.

SOTD 05-Dec
20230204_145217.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: MWF
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Rubie (2)

After the R41 yesterday I wanted to go back and test this level 3 to compare. In terms of efficiency and feel there is surprisingly little between them. This obviously has the extra weight to it so may up the perception, and it may just be my familiarity with the R41, but weirdly this one feels more 'dangerous'.

Bloomin good shave mind, hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Sunday February 5, 2023
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: KB "The Kentuckian"/Timberwolf
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5 Project)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E NYC
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,553

So a legitimate question was asked about this soap I'm trying to kill and have had for about 6 years roughly. It is on the ropes and it had these white spots in it which I have to say can be less than attractive. Some see them and think their soap has gone bad and even called it mold. It is NOT mold and not harmful to you nor does it affect the lather quality. Ha it happen years ago with another soap and the maker explained it to me. Seems it would be worth sharing here for others not to panick when/if they see it in their soap. I had a friend throw a bunch out thinking it was mold, again it is NOT. If the appearance bothers you all you need to do is SLOWLY heat/warm it in a microwave........SLOWLY. I do 5-10 seconds at a time. the goal is to warm it up to a gel/semi-liquid state WITHOUT cooking/boiling it and then stir the ingrediants together again. The white you see is the salt compound in the Stearic Acid. What's Stearic Acid that you see in soaps ? Here's a googled quote/description:

"Stearic Acid is a saturated long-chain fatty acid with an 18-carbon backbone. Stearic acid is found in various animal and plant fats, and is a major component of cocoa butter and shea butter. NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) Stearic acid is a white solid with a mild odor. Floats on water."

Once you have things stirred together again, you simply let it cool again to firm up and it's ready to use as shave soap again but looks better. Same lather quality etc. Lesson is, don't throw away your soap if it's just the white spots of the salt from the stearic acid. Use it as is or give it a warm make-over. Hope everyone has a great day !

BEFORE
B1T1nfK.jpg

AFTER
A27kmuz.jpg

SOTD
5Im9OZB.jpg

GREAT LATHER STILL
USCspUZ.jpg

05/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400 Slim Synbad 22mm
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - 7 o' Clock SP Black
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 06 (2).JPG
Another cracker with the Blutt earlier today, it seems to like 7o'C - SP.
BBS and comfortable.
Right then, table booked for Sunday lunch with Mrs TC.
A stay safe and enjoy your day all

Sunday February 5, 2023
Razor: Rockwell 6S Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: KB "The Kentuckian"/Timberwolf
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5 Project)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E NYC
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,553

So a legitimate question was asked about this soap I'm trying to kill and have had for about 6 years roughly. It is on the ropes and it had these white spots in it which I have to say can be less than attractive. Some see them and think their soap has gone bad and even called it mold. It is NOT mold and not harmful to you nor does it affect the lather quality. Ha it happen years ago with another soap and the maker explained it to me. Seems it would be worth sharing here for others not to panick when/if they see it in their soap. I had a friend throw a bunch out thinking it was mold, again it is NOT. If the appearance bothers you all you need to do is SLOWLY heat/warm it in a microwave........SLOWLY. I do 5-10 seconds at a time. the goal is to warm it up to a gel/semi-liquid state WITHOUT cooking/boiling it and then stir the ingrediants together again. The white you see is the salt compound in the Stearic Acid. What's Stearic Acid that you see in soaps ? Here's a googled quote/description:

"Stearic Acid is a saturated long-chain fatty acid with an 18-carbon backbone. Stearic acid is found in various animal and plant fats, and is a major component of cocoa butter and shea butter. NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) Stearic acid is a white solid with a mild odor. Floats on water."

Once you have things stirred together again, you simply let it cool again to firm up and it's ready to use as shave soap again but looks better. Same lather quality etc. Lesson is, don't throw away your soap if it's just the white spots of the salt from the stearic acid. Use it as is or give it a warm make-over. Hope everyone has a great day !

BEFORE
B1T1nfK.jpg

AFTER
A27kmuz.jpg

SOTD
5Im9OZB.jpg

GREAT LATHER STILL
USCspUZ.jpg
As always Dave a great shave combo plus invaluable advice on keeping our soaps going. I’ve always believed our soaps potentially had a long life but lack of use usually means they can then start to look a bit iffy. I tend to think if the scents still there then theyre good to go and hadn’t considered revitalising through heating and stirring. I hate throwing stuff away so now that won’t happen. All the best, Alan

As always Dave a great shave combo plus invaluable advice on keeping our soaps going. I’ve always believed our soaps potentially had a long life but lack of use usually means they can then start to look a bit iffy. I tend to think if the scents still there then theyre good to go and hadn’t considered revitalising through heating and stirring. I hate throwing stuff away so now that won’t happen. All the best, Alan
Thanks Alan, keep in mind it will work fine without doing anything too. The heating/stirring is just if the appearance bothers you. Cheers

PXL_20230205_110554211.jpg
SOTD February 5th 2023

Razor - Karve Overlander SS
Blade - Timor - Germany
Soap - MWF -. The Fat
Brush - Zenith Piggy
Bowl - Captain's Choice Copper.
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Aramis Tobacco Reserve edp

For months now I've been hearing about the Karve Overlander, I didn't pay it much attention because I have a Karve razor with all the plates in SS and then I noticed how everyone was saying what a smooth razor it was and generally singing it's praises.
I do believe that it was @Digimonkey who had posted a brief outline of what the Overlander was all about, so I asked him about it and he gave me the lowdown on this razor!
Enough said as far as I was concerned, nine out of ten cats can't be wrong! :)
Well I've just had my first share with the Outlander and I couldn't be happier, it was smooth and yet so efficient, so smooth, it was like Feather AS-D2 on steroids!
The fit and finish of this razor is astounding, seriously, the finish is flawless, it has a serial number and year date on the underside of the cap and Karve Shaving Company and made in Canada on the underside of the baseplate, it clamps the blade so tightly that soapy water can't get in, we are talking about very high tolerances here, this razor could stand next to a Wolfman razor and hold it's own, I'm super impressed!
The shave was nothing short of fantastic and yes, I'm sure the MWF had a lot to do with the outcome, smooth supple skin and one happy shaver!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend chaps.

Until the next time,

Paul.

Sotd 05/02

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: murphy and mcneil st james
Splash: murphy and mcneil st james
Balm: murphy and mcneil st james
Edp: murphy and mcneil st james
Alum bloc
Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: homelike taiga stainless
Blade: feather 1st use

Scent notes:
Scent Strength: Medium to Strong
Top: Oatmeal, Orange,
Heart: Almond, Butterscotch
Base: Vanilla

Afternoon folks had a great shave this morning and went full St james very nice strong gourmand scent and decided to use the taiga again with a a feather blade and a very smooth efficient shave the feather works really well in the taiga all in a great way to start a Sunday morning have a good one
1st pass setting 5
2nd pass setting 5
3rd pass setting 4
20230205_113710.jpg20230205_114203.jpg20230205_114516.jpg

0883EE1E-C83C-46B6-8F44-E7521C271F1B.jpeg

Fat February 5th

Gillette Rocket HD | Rapira Lux | Hand-carved Marbled Beech/2-band | The Mighty Wool Fat | SD Forest Fresh

2378F442-9B8E-4B77-94AD-5D1DAEBCC50C.jpeg

I’m getting short of ideas for the old SotD photo and we’re only five days into Fat February! Sheesh…

Something about this blade makes it suit my small number of vintage Gillettes very well indeed - sharp & smooth. In fact it goes marvellously well in pretty much any razor. Another excellent recommendation from fellow fatolyte @pjgh.

Last edited:
Something about this blade makes it suit my small number of vintage Gillettes very well indeed - sharp & smooth. In fact it goes marvellously well in pretty much any razor. Another excellent recommendation from fellow fatolyte @pjgh.

I particularly like the Rapira Platinum Lux in a slant. Glad it suits you.

04/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 II
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Highlander Patriot SynBad
Soap: P&B Right Handed Giant

No picture today. I could barely bring myself to write this.

A shave this morning before taking Milo, my dog, to be put to sleep. I've had him since a pup - over 12 years. I always knew this day would come but it still broke my heart holding him earlier as he passed. It's only been a couple of hours but I miss him terribly.

View attachment 100120

So sorry to hear about your loss Chris and can only but imagine how you feel. Kind thoughts. Chris

Back
Top Bottom