SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

4 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver S.I
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Murphy and McNeil: The Abbey (Kodiak)
Fragrance: Manhattan Eau de Parfum by Roja Dove

an insanely wonderful shave.. I've said it before, but I'd actually forgotten how smooth the 34C is with a Super Iridium, and the Kodiak base was simply superb. HELL YEAH.

04/02/2023

Razor: GC 2.0 II
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Highlander Patriot SynBad
Soap: P&B Right Handed Giant

No picture today. I could barely bring myself to write this.

A shave this morning before taking Milo, my dog, to be put to sleep. I've had him since a pup - over 12 years. I always knew this day would come but it still broke my heart holding him earlier as he passed. It's only been a couple of hours but I miss him terribly.

View attachment 100120
So sorry mate, nothing worse than losing a companion. :cry:

F17A7F54-C651-449C-8BD7-49D9C2844E36.jpeg
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Schick Twinjector
Schick Twin Blade(6)
P&B Night Witch
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice (Indian) a/s

I have been using this set up exclusively for the past couple of weeks, with the intention of finally seeing off this soap. I’m still really enjoying the Schick, which I’m finding delivers a really smooth and very close shave, that “lasts” a bit longer. Very impressed with the longevity of the blades compared to a DE blade.

Enjoy yours gents.

@Boycie83. Condolences Chris. It’s always a tough one to take.

I listened to this last week - I was sort of aware of the back story to the soap's name but this is in greater and fascinating detail. If you are interested - link below - much more interesting than why Old Spice is called Old Spice. I'm sure. :) cheers - I.

Cheers Iain, I’ll check that out later.

SOTD 20230204
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Arleccino LE 28/28
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
Razor: Rocnel SE50 LE
Blade: Kai Captain
AS: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia

SOTD-20230204.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

04/02/2023

A shave this morning before taking Milo, my dog, to be put to sleep. I've had him since a pup - over 12 years. I always knew this day would come but it still broke my heart holding him earlier as he passed. It's only been a couple of hours but I miss him terribly.

View attachment 100120
I came in late in the game @Boycie83, But I can truly relate to what you're feeling about now. I'm not ashamed to admit that my dog Barney was my best friend in the world. The night he passed last winter, I drove him 20 miles in a blizzard at midnight to the only vetrinary hospital that was open -- and I have cataracts and daylight only license. Sadly, he didn't make it, and the ride home was pretty dismal. I still miss him so much.

zyNIdZw.jpg

04/02/2023

View attachment 100120
Sorry to hear that Chris. My gf has a similar dog, 13 years old, blind, and more than a little unsteady on her feet. She dotes on it like a child of her own. We know it could be any time soon. She will be in bits when the inevitable happens.

This is Gizmo. She's becoming a minor Tiktok sensation since my girl videod herself making Gizmo dance to my ska tunes with me doing voice over. She is into all that stuff and posts all sorts. It's got 1000 likes in a couple of days
20230118_091427.jpg

Pre: Friendly Soaps - Tea Tree & Turmeric Soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods L2 V3 SB
Blade: Schick Platinum - NOS Netherlands (4)
Soap: Talbot - Champlain
Brush: Extro - 26mm Soft synthetic

20230128-123843.jpg

Getting back into the groove after getting first Scarlet Fever and then Covid in quick succession and also having my work contract terminated as a consequence.

I've had a few very satisfying shaves off this set-up; although one important learning point about using NOS blades from dispensers - Check you only have one! My first shave felt like I was using a Chinese fake, until when going for a change of blade, I realised there were two blades stuck together with what must have been mineral oil applied as protection when the blades were packed.

Last edited:
Pre: Friendly Soaps - Tea Tree & Turmeric Soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods L2 V3 SB
Blade: Schick Platinum - NOS Netherlands (4)
Soap: Talbot - Champlain
Brush: Extro - 26mm Soft synthetic

20230128-123843.jpg

Getting back into the grove after getting first Scarlet Fever and then Covid in quick succession and also having my work contract terminated as a consequence.

I've had a few very satisfying shaves off this set-up; although one important learning point about using NOS blades from dispensers - Check you only have one! My first shave felt like I was using a Chinese fake, until when going for a change of blade, I realised there were two blades stuck together with what must have been mineral oil applied as protection when the blades were packed.

Good to see you back Sean.

Sorry to hear about Scarlet Fever, Covid, and your job issues. Good luck with your ongoing recovery.

Sun 5th Travel Shave
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Beautiful soap & matching splash with a lovely scented creamy & slick lather!
The challenge these next few days is to be able to SR shave daily while working on the road...
Today's shave was enjoyable with this razor. The edge, freshly stropped on a smallish travel 0.1um diamond balsa & Kanayama leather was smooth and crisp. 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...nice!
20230205_123344.jpg

Back
Top Bottom