Sunday 3rd SEptember

sotd 3rd Sept.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash
Razor: OneBlade Core V1
Blade: GEM PTFE (#5)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: La Toja Stick
AS: La Toja lotion

After finally getting around to a bit of restoration work on a Rolls Razor I picked up some time ago, I was going to shave with it today, but decided to go with the Core. I had a small knick on my upper lip where I sliced into a spot and it was not fully healed so decided something mild was in order, I had also read that a GEM made the Core even milder. I popped the spine off and made it into two shims to try in my 1912, the blade went in very easily as easy as a Feather blade would. Now after shaving I am wondering if not having clipped the corners off the blade meant it was not sitting at the correct angle as the razor seemed barely able to shave. The result was a pretty poor shave in terms of closeness, after three passes I decided to quit, it was a late shave anyway so I will get a proper shave tomorrow.

SOTD_20170903-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Above The Tie - SE1
  • Blade: Feather - Super Professional
  • Shaving Brush: J&T - ChrisVM (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Mama Bears Soap - Ocean Rain
  • After-Shave: Floïd - The Genuine - ASL

8ci5OYCc.jpg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Fatip Testina Gentile
Supermax Super Platinum
d'Ardenne, Short & Bell Kyoto
Thayers Rose, Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme balm & EDT

Two days growth for the Fatip, took it off with no issue. Really grown on me has this razor. A superb shaver and pairs well with the blade. Fantastic lather from the DSB soap, as I have come to expect a perfect combination with the Shavemac, I hope this soap never gets discontinued, I'll be stocking up if so. Finished off with the very nice Issey Miyake, perfect BBS shave.

Sunday AM 2017-09-03

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Paladin Somerset Cleo (28mm/56mm)
Williams Menthol mug shaving soap (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass L1/Stork 'Ghost Rider' Bronze
Wilkinson Light Brigade (11)
Lagerfeld aftershave (vintage)

The new Paladin brush is excellent. In both looks and feel, it reminds me of the vintage Simpson brushes I had in the past. The Williams soap was quite a disappointment. Although it made good lather, with quite good skin care due to the tallow, there was very little menthol sensation at all.
pangI26.jpg

SOTD: 030917 (PM)
SOTD 030917 (4).jpg

Brush: Maseto 30mm finest
Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Fatipe Piccolo
Soap: Calani Bay Rum
Splash: Captain Scurvy

Another beautiful 3 pass shave was had with the second use of my newly acquired Fatipe Piccolo. Really impressed with this razor. If anyone is looking to try an "Open Comb" razor for the first time then look no further IMO.
It really is that good. Once again thank you @Barry Giddens it is a razor I shall treasure.

Maseto performed its magic with a face lather using the Calani Bay Rum soap gifted to me by the wonderful @wayne mattison . You are a credit to this forum my friend.
The soap is amazing in scent, cushion, slickness and above all my skin feels sublime post shave.

Finishing off with a splash of Captain Scurvy Black Ship I feel relaxed and looking forward to a few films this evening.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom