Monday 4th September 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ninfa
Blade: Filarmonica
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: Dior Homme Intense

A great shave, this filarmonica blade is so thin and so easy to prepare. I am less keen on this brush whilst it has a really nice ergonomic handle the knot is too stiff for me, I think this is because the loft seems a little short. For those wanting a Plissoft brush with a good amount of backbone this would be a good choice.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 28705
Good morning Dick, a wonderful looking razor you have there, I must have one :)

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)
Pre: None
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Wilkinson (1st)
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum, re-rinse, then a shower and to conclude Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Nivea 2 Phase.

Not a bad shave this morning. I think my skin was recovering from Saturday as my neck (hunting for the perfect BBS)especially still feels irritated. Other than that – 3 passes (no pick up) some weepers on my cheek (not unusual) and overall very, very smooth and ready for the week ahead.

Cheers,

Brian

04/09/2017 a.m.

Second SE shave for SEptember.....

Prep: Neutrogena exfoliating face wash
Brush: Brushguy
Shaving Soap Sample: Dr Jon's Savannah Sunrise
Razor: Ikon El Jefe/Ikon SE handle
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (1)
Post shave: Lots of cold water, Thayer's Peach Astringent, followed by Old Spice BearGlove Aftershave Spray.

First use of the Feather Pro Guard blade in El Jefe head, no blade chatter after safety checks. Loaded brush direct from the bloomed Dr Jon's soap sample. Nice sweet scent and plenty of cushion and slickness, I had a great 3 pass shave, WTG, XTG-L, XTG-R with a couple of weepers going over a raised bump. I found the Pro Guard to be much sharper than the Kai Titan blades I used for last SE shave.
Overall a great shave, I hope you also have a great shave too!

45bf5b5ccbfe24016a88e9f4d77c2620.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Monday's shave :)

It felt darker than normal this morning, when I rose at 06:30. I'm hoping for some late summer/early autumn sunshine!

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply SE Injector, Plate ***.
Blade - Persona PTFE Coated Injector Blade (Day 3).
Soap - Executive Shaving - Natural Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol 'Lemon' Aftershave Splash.

3 passes this morning with the Supply-SE having swapped out the ** plate for the *** one.

I was hoping for a BBS with plate ***, however, a DFS, albeit a very good and enjoyable one being the end result. Its early days with the Supply-SE (day 3) - perhaps playing about more with the shave angle will help?

A great razor, however slightly on the mild side for me (at the moment) I appreciate that YMMV. That said - zero irritation and highly comfortable, which for me is important.

The Supply-SE definitely a keeper.

All the best,

Chris

It felt darker than normal this morning, when I rose at 06:30. I'm hoping for some late summer/early autumn sunshine!

Bowl - Little Wren.

3 passes this morning with the Supply-SE having swapped out the ** plate for the *** one.

I was hoping for a BBS with plate ***, however, a DFS, albeit a very good and enjoyable one being the end result. Its early days with the Supply-SE (day 3) - perhaps playing about more with the shave angle will help?

A great razor, however slightly on the mild side for me (at the moment) I appreciate that YMMV. That said - zero irritation and highly comfortable, which for me is important.

All the best,

Chris
Try a Schick Injector Blade or an AC Schick Proline Blade Type B.

Bowl - Little Wren.

All the best,

Chris
When you find the correct angle the clouds will part the sun will shine and you will be even happier that you bought the Supply. Keep at it, it's worth it. :) P.

Mon 4th Sept
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Al. General with S/S Handle
Feather Pro [1 ]
Alum rub/Rinse Off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Followed a Shave with the Alu.Hawk by using the Alu.General today. As both are too light for me,
i fit them with a S/S handle which seems to work well for me. With a fresh Pro blade the Shave like that of yesterday was very smooth, but I think maybe resulted in a close finish with less polishing
up work. Will be interested to check out the regrowth in the morning.

IMG_1551.jpg

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Omega 20102
Soap: Men's Cologne Scent
Razor: Gem Flying Wing aka Bullet Tip
Blade: Gem Blue Star

IMG_20170904_114042.jpg

Spent the weekend at my sister's for a siblings get-together, so it was nice to put the Pal Injecto-matic away and use a different razor.
Trying to dial in a new soap, whilst feeling a bit fragile, was not my best idea :oops:
A surprisingly reasonable shave was had.

Back
Top Bottom