Saturday 2nd SEptember

sotd 2nd sept.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Valet Autostrop
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#4?)
Brush: Maseto 24mm finest
Soap: Fine Platinum
AS: Fine Platinum

Another first shave with a razor I have had for a while but not used. The result was outstanding, except for one minor issue which was I nicked what appeared to be the eruption of a spot, and I suspect most razors would have done the same. The Valet razor I have looks nice and shiny but the mechanism that holds the blade has had the hinge repaired, not having another razor to compare it against I could not tell if this was going to cause an issue. The loaded blade looked correctly aligned and was held firmly, I had another SE razor ready in case the shave turned out to be a disaster or a blood bath.

Muhle R41 Razor
Sputnik Blade
Kent Infinity Synthetic Hair Brush
Faena Unscented Shaving Soap
Speik For Men Aftershave Lotion

Getting reaquainted with the R41 is proving to be a joy. The 2013 version is, in my experience, much more useable than the 2011 version. 1 pass with touch ups is me sorted.

Regards
Ian

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

One (and a bit) days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – shower and face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: Rockwell 6C 5P
Blade: PolSilver (3rd)
Brush: Molton Brown Brush (bowl and face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum, another rinse, then Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

So, new soap today – Fine Platinum – wonderful slick, thick and creamy lather that has a great scent. Scraped some into my Caractacus bowl, part lathered, then finished on my face – excellent results.

Also tried the 5 plate on my Rockwell 6C. That is an efficient razor – wow. I had no hiccups with the normal passes – ended up with 2.5 (WTG, XTG and partially ATG). Then I spoilt my shave with my over exuberant pickups, so ended up with a nick (or two) and a couple of weepers – nothing my Alum stick could not stop. Overall great shave, I am learning the more aggressive razor I use, the more I need to try different directions on my neck (my neck whiskers swirl in all directions) to achieve the smoothest shave – especially on the first pass.

Anyhow, you all enjoy your weekend. There's an outdoor concert in Jersey this weekend, so I get free music (if you can call some of it music) to listen to while chilling and barbequing.

Cheers.

Saturday 2nd SEptember
Virginia Sheng Purtec
OSP - Eucalyptus, Tea Tree & Menthol
General Aluminium
Schick Proline P #1
Alum Wash
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
UsDATyS.jpg

Nice cooling shave today with the OSP, my Aluminium General and a fresh Proline blade. I finished with a generous splash of chilling Alcolado and quickly followed it with the moisturiser, which I find extends the cooling effect. I am as smooth as talc on teflon.

Saturday's shave

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply SE Injector, Plate **.
Blade - Personna PTFE Coated Injector Blade (Day 1).
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol Aftershave Tonic.

IMG_0902.JPG

A very enjoyable Saturday shave - my first outing with the Supply SE. A DFS after 3 passes - not sure whether the ** plate on the Supply SE is a little on the mild side for me, or if I did not find the optimal shave angle. That said, a great shave with zero irritation, weepers, or cuts.

The OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol soap is for me a winner - superb all round performance, protection, glide and scent.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD: 020917
SOTD 020917.jpg

Prep: Warm shower Clinique and bulldog face wash
Razor: Fatipe Piccolo
Blade: Astra #1
Bowl: Steve Woodhead
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Soap: Coate's Superior Lime Shaving Cream
EDT: DR Harris Arlington
Cologne: DR Harris Arlington.

A wonderful shave this morning using my newly acquired Fatipe Piccolo so generously donated in a PIF competition by @Barry Giddens . Thank you so much my friend it truly is a remarkable little razor. I prefer it over the Grande. The Piccolo handle is beautifully weighted and its size assures easy maneuverability. It is a keeper for me. :) A lovely 3 pass BBS shave.

I am also impressed by the Coate's shaving cream. Recently purchased in a group buy organised by @Ids1984 . Thank you for your time and effort it is most appreciated.
You cannot beat this soap for the money. Whipped up using my first brush I ever owned,. The Omega pro 49 Boar. The brush has more split ends than me now and really is an awesome beast. :)
Soap has good cushion and decent slickness and I could smell the scent throughout the shave.

Finishing off with the witch hazel and a generous splash of the DR Harris Arlington I am good to go.

Enjoy your shaves and have a lovely weekend gentlemen. :)

2/9/17

Pre - Cien Soap
Brush - Yaqi 24mm
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Shark SS (3)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea ASB

A bit of a perplexing one, the Shark SS was pretty rough for the first two shaves but smoothed out today and was a delight to use or maybe that was down to the OSP lather being such a delight to use?

SOTD: 020917
View attachment 28655

Prep: Warm shower Clinique and bulldog face wash
Razor: Fatipe Piccolo
Blade: Astra #1
Bowl: Steve Woodhead
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Soap: Coate's Superior Lime Shaving Cream
EDT: DR Harris Arlington
Cologne: DR Harris Arlington.

A wonderful shave this morning using my newly acquired Fatipe Piccolo so generously donated in a PIF competition by @Barry Giddens . Thank you so much my friend it truly is a remarkable little razor. I prefer it over the Grande. The Piccolo handle is beautifully weighted and its size assures easy maneuverability. It is a keeper for me. :) A lovely 3 pass BBS shave.

I am also impressed by the Coate's shaving cream. Recently purchased in a group buy organised by @Ids1984 . Thank you for your time and effort it is most appreciated.
You cannot beat this soap for the money. Whipped up using my first brush I ever owned,. The Omega pro 49 Boar. The brush has more split ends than me now and really is an awesome beast. :)
Soap has good cushion and decent slickness and I could smell the scent throughout the shave.

Finishing off with the witch hazel and a generous splash of the DR Harris Arlington I am good to go.

Enjoy your shaves and have a lovely weekend gentlemen. :)
I'm pleased the Piccolo has found a good home. Glad you like it Wayne :)

Back
Top Bottom