image.jpg ~SOTD~ 3rd September Sunday

Prep....Shower ~ Olive Oil Soap
Razor....Ever Ready 1914
Blade....Ever Ready Corrux NOS
Soap....Saponifico Varesino ~ Tundra Artica
Brush....Raszorock Italian Barber
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Black Orchid..Tom Ford.....oil from Mr Perfume

A fabulous shave, smooth, close and a pleasure to be using some of my favourite shaving gear on this wet and windy morning here in Cornwall . The result was one extremely smooth face without any irritation , finnishing off with the BBA PSB and an application of Black Orchid here and there, looking and smelling great! :)

Have a relaxing Sunday people........:)

Last edited:

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus

Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (5)
EDT: Knize Ten

Leisurely Fathers Day morning shave before lunch with my lads. The Mike's lather was super-slick as usual, and a refreshing and comforting scent.
The Futur continues to perform flawlessly, and the vintage Super Silver blade works really well with this razor. BBS after three passes.
Finished off with the inimitable Knize Ten.

SOTD: 3rd September 2017.
B.JPG Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Arko ~ Shave Stick (disk)

Blade: Perma- Sharp Stainless . (2)

Razor: Gillette ~ SlimTwist.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Brut ~ Attraction Totale A/S .

Gillette ~ A/S Balm.

Greetings,

The Arko shave stick provided me with a superb slick protective lather. Everytime i use a shave stick it amazes & shows me that you don't need alot of soap or cream to get a superb creamy lather, for a excellent shave...However,i personally find it's a thirsty soap,but performs and gives a superb lather with a good few drops of water when bowl or face lathering.

As with it's Turkish cousin The Derby stick both have love/hate opinions on scent & irritation issues amongst the wet shaving community.As for the scent , i personally don't mind the scent of both sticks, but to me the scent is not important the performance is the main thing, besides that my post aftershave's/Cologne's splash gets rid of any soap scent dislikes.

I consider myself fortunate that both gel excellently with my skin type and don't give me any irritation or dryness to my face and for that reason i will always have them in my shaving den, because both have gave me outstanding shaving results at a very reasonable price... What more could i ask for.

A wonderful relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday shave with no errors to report.

The slimtwist is always a pleasure to use, non-aggressive, smooth and efficient, the Perma-Sharp Stainless blade gave it a extra bite, shaving down my stubble effortlessly.

Finishing the shave off in style with a very generous splash of Brut~ Attraction Totale.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

I'm ready for what sunday has to offer.

Enjoy your first sunday of September, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sun 3rd Sept
Vulfix 404 mixed
Tabac
Al. Hawk + S/S Handle
Feather Pro [ 1]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

Had a nice Sunday Shave with the rather overlooked Alu.Hawk. For my Tenth Shave switched to a Feather Pro having previously used Schick Proline. I also after the first use switched to using it with a heavier S/S handle , which I find to work well.

Well Lathered with Tabac I was very pleased with the Shave , as not only was it very smooth but it was nice and close all round. In fact for an inexpensive Razor, it will give some of the more expensive AC Razors a run for their money. A real good buy for someone who wants to experience AC Powered Razors, they do sell out quick though.

IMG_1550.jpg

Sunday 3rd SEptember

Olive Oil Soap
3P Preshave Cream
NSS Moroccan Sands Soap
Little Wren Bowl
SMF Classic 2007 Badger Brush
PAL Injectomatic Razor with a Personna Blade
Cyder Vinegar toner
L'Oreal Pure and Matte Moisturiser
Oudh Al Qamar EDP

This brush is certainly a very effective way to deplete soap stocks. It whipped up a very fragrant lather in my new Little Wren Bowl. The PAL Injectomatic gave a beautiful shave . 3 passes and a touchup to achieve a BBS shave

In Wales it is currently very wet and not very pleasant outside. Hope you all enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

DEptember #2;

IMG_5126.jpg

RR Bay Rum : Rockwell 6S : 26mm
#5 plate and a new Voskhod blade paired for this morning's shave. Plenty of super slick, almost cigar-scented lather from RazoRock's soap. Yet, a sub-par shave. I had a couple of missed patches, and not a particularly smooth shave at the base of my neck. Bizarrely however my cheeks are BBS. I want to like this razor but so far results have been inconsistent. Certainly better with the more aggressive plate. I'll stick with it for a couple more before returning this hefty beauty to its owner! :) thanks again @Gem!
BBA PSB and Tom Ford Black Orchid (oil) as per @Blademonkey's shave of the day!

Next please!

3/9/17

Pre - Cien Soap
Brush - Yaqi 24mm
Soap - Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Shark SS (4)
Post - Witch Hazel

The Nivea Shaving Cream had mildly irritated my skin on use before so I gave it another use today with the newish Yaqi brush and lo and behold it seemed to be fine, so it seems it was the boar brush I used before which was creating some of the irritation before.

Back
Top Bottom