SOTD: Saturday 2nd September - Friday 8th September 2017

English Gillette Tech w/ RH Custom Stainless Handle
Personna Lab Blue
Maseto 30mm 2-band in Horn
Ingram
Benjamin's Bay Rum
Astral
James Bronnley Original EdT

Brush was so-so. Not convinced about the horn at all but it on the plus side it shed just two hairs and had very little dead animal smell. I had hoped for softer. It's still pretty good though I strongly suspect my Simpsons CH2 synth has spoiled me for not just softness but all round brush performance as well. The MS is a heck of a lot of brush for the money, that I will freely admit.

Razor and head combination continue to please me no end.

A grand result.

ce139216c4c0220ce23f08c71b056b18.jpg

Date: 06 September 2017 is nearly 7am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #3, ATG #2)
Blade: - Rapira Platinum Lux #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme EDT

Wednesday 6th SEptember

Olive Oil Soap
3P Preshave Cream
Arko Stick
Zenith Boar Brush
Focus Dynamic SE
Alum Block and rinse
Arko Classic Cream
Benjamin's Mentholated Bay Rum

After yesterdays shave with the Cobra...the phrase 'From the sublime to the ridiculous' originally came to mind. I wanted to be minimalistic today as I have a package arriving today which should deliver a 'shaving experience' tomorrow, and I want something to shave. The results however were really very good! Two passes for a really nice DFS:)

Pre: warm shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C - plates: 4/2
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Soap/Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit- sample
Brush: Omega 10275

A BBS with a whole lot of citrus!
My first and most certainly not last TOBS. Awesome stuff. Strong scent and an easy but rich lather.
11c54d1035fea659b920e44df5b6f621.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 6th September Wednesday

Prep....Shower ~ Olive oil soap
Razor....Blackland ~ Sabre
Blade....Pal Super carbon steel
Soap...Saponifico Varesino ~ Felce Aromatica
Brush....Razorock silvertip synth
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Bond Number 9 New York....Mr Perfume

It's been a while since I've unleashed the sabre, and it was worth the wait. A close, smooth and trouble free shave was had no doubt helped along by the SV soap and it was most enjoyable, the Pal Super blade works so well in this razor, I can feel a bulk purchase coming on!
with skin as smooth as smooth can be and irritation free and a veiw of this lovely looking razor in the mirror whist shaving, can it get any better?
Finnished off with my usual BBA PSB and an application of the wonderful Number 9 New York, looking and smelling great.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday .....:)

Wednesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply SE Injector, Plate ***.
Blade - Persona PTFE Coated Injector Blade (Day 1).
Soap - Executive Shaving - Natural Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" After Shave, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

Not wanting to jinx things, this morning I hit the sweet spot with the Supply-SE - BBS after 3 passes and a small touch up on the chin, again using the *** plate :)

Used a new blade today, don't know if the first blade was dulled etc. I am pretty sure that I inserted the first blade cleanly, in that it did not rub against the razor stops etc.

I also held the Supply-SE further down the handle - I don't know if that then made cutting more efficient, with the weight of the head working better with gravity?

I hope today's shave can be repeated tomorrow!

All the best,

Chris

Wednesday 6th SEptember
YaQi Tuxedo
The Handmade Soap Co
Basil, Lime & Sweet Orange
General Brass
Schick Proline P #3
Alum Wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
pZ9ZggZ.jpg

1st shave with the Irish made soap from the ATG pass around. I loaded the brush and face lathered. Had a fairly enjoyable shave, but nothing outstanding from the soap. It wasn't very thirsty, had a light scent. It didn't have the residual slickness I like but it did have a very nice post shave feel. Will try it with a different brush and razor, next shave.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom