SOTD: Saturday 2nd September - Friday 8th September 2017

Day 2 of shaving with the Asylum Evolution pass around razor. :)

FF1C783B-C3EC-4CD5-94A1-6C114A7ECCA5_zpsauviyi5h.jpg

Asylum Evolution
Vie Long 'Lea Classic' Horse Hair Brush
Atkinsons Shaving Cream
Baldwin's Green Tea and Frankincense Pre-Shave Oil
Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime ASB
Astra Blade

Greetings

Monday 4th September 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ninfa
Blade: Filarmonica
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: Dior Homme Intense

A great shave, this filarmonica blade is so thin and so easy to prepare. I am less keen on this brush whilst it has a really nice ergonomic handle the knot is too stiff for me, I think this is because the loft seems a little short. For those wanting a Plissoft brush with a good amount of backbone this would be a good choice.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 28705
Very nice sir....

IMG_0064.JPG

Tuesday...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter
Face lather
Razor - RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Blade - Feather Professional #2
Post - Alum, Thayer's
After Shave - Tabac Original

Night 2 of the Hawk.

After a tentative start last night, I opted for taking advantage of the wide head of this razor. Longer strokes, so fewer; and just a little more pressure.

The result was a tremendous shave. The alum gave a reassuring warmth and the smoothness is great.

This is proving to be a smashing razor...

SOTD: 050917
SOTD 050917 2.jpg

Prep: Warm Shower Clinique
Razor: 1912 :)
Blade:
Gem #2
Brush: Razorock 400 Aluminium Synth
Soap: The Fat
EDT: Izzey Myake

What a wonderful evenings shave. Have I ever told you that I am madly in love with the 1912 razor? A piece of history in my hands that can outrun any razor I have in my arsenal. I simply love it. An irritation free BBS shave after 3 passes.

The MWF soap performed wonderfully. Super rich lather that was slick and thick leaving a lovely post shave feel.

The brush is my favourite of the ones I own. Not only due to sentimental reasons but face lathering is a joy. Beautifully soft with plenty of backbone.

I highly recommend Aloe Vera 100% gel. A really good value for money skin care product IMO.

Finishing off with a generous spray of the refreshing Issey Myake EDT I can't stop smiling. :)

Enjoy your shaves.
Wayne.

View attachment 28756

Blade:
Gem #2

What a wonderful evenings shave. Have I ever told you that I am madly in love with the 1912 razor? A piece of history in my hands that can outrun any razor I have in my arsenal. I simply love it. An irritation free BBS shave after 3 passes.

The MWF soap performed wonderfully. Super rich lather that was slick and thick leaving a lovely post shave feel.

The brush is my favourite of the ones I own. Not only due to sentimental reasons but face lathering is a joy. Beautifully soft with plenty of backbone.

I highly recommend Aloe Vera 100% gel. A really good value for money skin care product IMO.

Finishing off with a generous spray of the refreshing Issey Myake EDT I can't stop smiling. :)

Enjoy your shaves.
Wayne.

Wayne,

Where did you get your Aloe Vera 100% gel? I'm currently using Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel, definitely the best Aloe I have come across, YMMV :)

Chris

View attachment 28756

Blade:
Gem #2

Enjoy your shaves.
Wayne.
##1 on the 1912. '...shaving history...'.I like that.

Tuesday 5th SEptember 2017

sotd 5th sept.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Schick Proline B20 (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: Boots Shave Stick
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

First shave with a Schick Proline Blade, seems to work very well in the PAL Injectomatic.

Razor: ATT SE1 Hempel Ti
Blade: Feather Pro (5)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Nisky Silvertip Fan
Soap: Eufros Tierra Humeda
A/S: Old Spice
Decanter: Old Spice Telescope Black Style 1973-1975 ID #4354

An amazing near BBS 3 passes with a touch up shave.

5 09 17.jpg

OldSpiceTelascopeINFO.jpg

The foremast and mizzenmast flags stand out straight and there are 2 of them. The ship also has a little anchor hanging from the bow. (1973-1976). Styrofoam packaging was introduced in 1975.

Back
Top Bottom