SOTD: Saturday 2nd September - Friday 8th September 2017

6/9/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Brush - Yaqi 24mm
Soap - PS Shave Cream
Razor - DE89
Blade - Gillette Platinum (3)
Post - Witch Hazel/Turkish Lemon Cologne

The PS Shave Cream has a very similar scent to the Cyril Salter Tallow puck I have. Love the scent and performance but it doesn't seem to like my skin that much.

The Gillette Platinum seems to suit the DE89 head more than the Tech.

he MS 24mm 2 band brush was terrific today! Outstanding quality and value. Since owning two LS 30mm 2 bands I feel the hair quality has improved on these brushes. Would I buy one again..no question. Knot is good, nice size, good backbone..no hair loss whatsoever.Lathered great, flow through was good and didn't hold on to lather. Winner.:cool:

EperFdA.jpg

lq82eIho.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
ATT Calypso M1
Supermax Super Platinum (3)
Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & Next Tropic

A nice shave today, first use of the Nivea in a long time, I think I need to pick up some of the balm, autumn drawing in and I should go back to using one. My skin feels a bit dry lately, no change to products or routine aside from the changing seasons, so going to start back on the balms.

Wed 6th SePTEMBER

Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitaine Cade cream
ES Claymore V1
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Chose the ES Claymore today, which is in the Mongoose category in terms of weight. I like the
Heavyweights, as I can easily utilise a light touch and let the weight of the Razor do the work.

Today had a nice and uneventful Shave, good close finish. At times like this one wonders about purchasing a V2 head, to see if it is better. However, managed to close the Website down without
pressing the dreaded button to buy.:)

IMG_1555.jpg

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Omega 11137
Cream: Rose of Bulgaria
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Post: More cold water, Vitamin E oil, Rose of Bulgaria AS

View attachment 28772

I like this cream quite a bit, the only downside is the scent is a touch on the sweet side.
Overall the best sotw so far.
The Omega 11137 is a very nice and smooth boar shaving brush. Easy to handle and making lot of lather when well soaked in water. Very nice image by the way. :);)

Evening all!
Wednesday evening spruce up, decided after the talk of Gillette blues I had better give on a whirl. Didn't want to mess my face up too much with an unknown as I have an important meeting tomorrow morning, so paired it with the muhle r89 which i know to be mild.
It was the Atkinson's Mr Taylor's shaving creams turn "yay I love it"!
So warm shower, cold shave, Gillette was smooth and definitely efficient, first two passes no issues, third got a couple of weepers, but totally down to my lack of finesse "bull in a China shop".
But, really nice close shave, touch up with Sterling's executive man aftershave balm and feeling great and smelling awesome with a quick squirt of parfum de Marley Herod.
As this evening is supposed to be the best we are likely to get this week, we've gone alfresco again, rabbit and pigeon strips marinated in all sorts in pita bread.
Obviously washed down with my home made zider.:)
Mule r89
Gillette silver blue blade
Grosvenor boar brush
Atkinson's Mr Taylor's shave cream
Sterling's executive man aftershave balm
Parfum de Marley's Herod.
IMAG1248_1.jpg
IMG-20170906-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday 6th SEptember 2017
SOTD 6th SEpt.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: NOS Personna (#1)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Cream: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime
AS: Lucido

First shave with a NOS Personna blade, no idea how old these blades are. Shave was OK, certainly not as good as yesterday with the same type of razor but a Schick Proline blade. Today was smooth with no nicks or weepers but after three passes it did feel like it could have been a closer shave.

Back
Top Bottom