Friday 2nd September 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Unbranded
Blade: Kampfe Bros. Star
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Cream: RSC
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm
EDP: Miller Harris Terre de Iris

I commented to my daughter how much I loved Miller Harris Le Fumee EDP and yesterday she gave me a smashing little gift, a collection of Miller Harris testers, eight in all (Le Collection Decouvert). Whilst I have always felt that if you like a fragrance you should wear it whether it is male female or unisex, five of these fragrances are female and one of them may be very female! Undaunted by such trivia, today I am trying out Terre de Iris, a female fragrance, I personally feel it is quite suitable for men and it is certainly very different.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 20484

As I'm sure we all know, it was probably the advent of mass advertising that led to branding of 'male' and 'female' fragrances. Back in the days of Juan Floris and contemporaries, fragrance was primarily used to cover...how can I put it...the 'earthy' aromas of those living in London and other places. Gender wasn't targeted (the only stratification would be class, probably ). From what I remember reading, 'Limes' by Floris was allegedly created for that reason; London smog, sanitation and so forth.

I rotate Guerlain's Jicky and Mitsuko when the mood takes. Although the latter is Mrs Scotshave's signature fragrance. Come to think of it, it was Chaplin's too...

My maxim...If it smells good and you feel good, wear it.

Now...where's that sheep...

2 September

Gillette Slim Twist
Feather
Vie-Long 12705b
Erasmic
Proraso

oBEDc0b.jpg

image.jpg SOTD Friday 2nd September 2016. Good morning shaving Room.

Shaving one side of my face with the Hone type 15a and the other side with the Hone type 15, what fun!

Prep..shower
Pre..bloom water
Razors.. Hone 15a/15
Blades.. Astra SP #2
Brush..Kent BK8
Soap..OSP Spice road
Post..Thayers AF WH
AS..Old Spice

Three pass shave with clean up both razors performed well taking off equal amounts of stubble on each pass. For me the type 15 (brass) felt better because of the face feel of a hot razor on my skin.
I was left with a perfectly smooth face with no irritation what so ever.
Finishing with witch hazel and a splash of Old spice after shave.

See my third days review using both razors on the review section.

I wish you all a good day whatever you are doing. Over and out.

View attachment 20487 SOTD Friday 2nd September 2016. Good morning shaving Room.

Shaving one side of my face with the Hone type 15a and the other side with the Hone type 15, what fun!

Prep..shower
Pre..bloom water
Razors.. Hone 15a/15
Blades.. Astra SP #2
Brush..Kent BK8
Soap..OSP Spice road
Post..Thayers AF WH
AS..Old Spice

Three pass shave with clean up both razors performed well taking off equal amounts of stubble on each pass. For me the type 15 (brass) felt better because of the face feel of a hot razor on my skin.
I was left with a perfectly smooth face with no irritation what so ever.
Finishing with witch hazel and a splash of Old spice after shave.

See my third days review using both razors on the review section.

I wish you all a good day whatever you are doing. Over and out.
Brilliant!!

Back
Top Bottom