SOTD Saturday 27th August to Friday 2nd September 2016

Thursday AM 2016-09-01

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Shavemac Americana 2-Band Silvertip (24mm/50mm)
Williams Yellow shaving cream (dried)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Copper Rolling Hexagon
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (10)
Antonio Puig Agua Brava aftershave

The shaving cream was a blind buy that turned out to be dry and hardened in the tube. I dug it out and packed it into the wooden bowl, using it like a soap. It is adequate, about like the vintage Williams mug soap, definitely not as good as their vintage bowl soaps. The Personna blade, although not dragging, has become somewhat dull, so it will be retired.
WIAqmpu.jpg

Wash - Meissner Tremonia Puristic
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Barbaros TR-1
Blade – Lord Platinum
Brush - 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap – OSP Eucalyptus + Menthol
Post - Witch Hazel

what a difference a blade makes... and soap!...the Lord/OSP combo provided a very comfortable, BBS shave with the Barbaros. I think the Nanny's Traditional Moroccan Sands is going to have to be used with the Hone, which provides a milder, more forgiving shave..

Honey, I shrunk the beard!

Haslinger Honey shave today, dedicated in more than one way to Blademonkey....

• Usual Glyce soap prep but also used bloom water instead of pre-shave cream as I notice BM tends to do...really seemed to work well.
  • Haslinger Honey soap applied with 'The Duke' 3 best
  • EJ89/Braveheart + Voskhod - just returned to Earth in good nick
  • Coal tar soap wash, rinse and alum
  • Lynx Africa AS splash - cheesy but nice
  • Nivea for Men balm
Nice relaxing shave with no sting...:rolleyes:;)
shave.jpg

Keep an eye out at shaver.se. Kristoffer is the distributor in Sweden. He is about to launch nearly all the products from Kasho KAI on the website. I find his prices very resonable.

At the moment Captain Titan Mild, Protouch and Standard is available.

I have very good experience with shaver.se. Higly recommended.
Thanks ! I'll be in Oslo, Stockholm & possibly the City of Spires in the New Year so.

Thursday AM 2016-09-01

The shaving cream was a blind buy that turned out to be dry and hardened in the tube. I dug it out and packed it into the wooden bowl, using it like a soap. It is adequate, about like the vintage Williams mug soap, definitely not as good as their vintage bowl soaps. The Personna blade, although not dragging, has become somewhat dull, so it will be retired.
WIAqmpu.jpg

Thursday AM 2016-09-01

WIAqmpu.jpg
Great looking handle and the brush is fab too.

Gillette Canadian pre-war Tech razor
3p Italian shave soap
RazoRock "Bruce" synthetic shave brush
Gillette Goal SP blade (#10)

This blade has performed beyond belief!! And to think it's made in China!! o_O I can now unequivocally state that IMO this is the best DE blade I have ever used, bar none. That includes "Golden Age" blades as well.

Back
Top Bottom