SOTD Saturday 27th August to Friday 2nd September 2016

Good blades, the Feathers; but they can be unforgiving little buggers. They work better for me in milder razors (Tech, Travel Tech, Superspeed etc.). I have to watch if I use them in my fat handled Tech, though; as this is a wee bit more aggressive.

Stephen
I may be selling or swapping my Feathers, I can put an Astra Sp in anything and get good results, sharp and smooth. I don't have to put up with harsh blades to get a good shave.
But whatever works for you is fine and good, I'm not saying that they are shit I'm just saying that they are not for me.
Ymmv and all that!

My fifth go at using a straight and first time I've managed a shave that didn't need any touch up by adding in an across the grain pass. Some nicks but I'm chuffed with the result.
My fifth go at using a straight and first time I've managed a shave that didn't need any touch up by adding in an across the grain pass. Some nicks but I'm chuffed with the result.
Well done, practice makes perfect.

I may be selling or swapping my Feathers, I can put an Astra Sp in anything and get good results, sharp and smooth. I don't have to put up with harsh blades to get a good shave.
But whatever works for you is fine and good, I'm not saying that they are shit I'm just saying that they are not for me.
Ymmv and all that!
Indeed...Astras work well for me too.

2dvsFmMl.jpg

Kanayama 50000 || Iwasaki Ichogake || El Druida/Romera Manchurian ||
Saponificio Varesino 70th + AS || Shea Butter

I have got the same results with Feather's as You. Then I tried KAI DE's. Their sharpness is in the same league as Feather, but with no irritation nicks etc. They are by far my blade of choice. Also for SE and Artist Club shavers.

I'd love to try Kai, both DE & Injector (I have a Greager "Kamisori" style injector), but they're out of my price range. There was a chap on ebay who sold 'em in ones, twos or threes, from within the UK, but he seems to have disappeared.

20160901_153005.jpg
So...speaking of Feathers...gave this a second outing in the Merkur. For me, the #2 shave always seems better with these blades. The only irritation was on the left side of my neck, where I was twattish enough to attempt an ATG pass (will I never learn?). So crap technique; not the blade. Everywhere else, nice and smooth.

Anyways:
Shower, Bulldog Face Wash
Brush: EJ Medium Best Badger
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Blade: Feather #2
Smell: Fine Platinum a/s
Music: Gavin Bryars Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet

Be well, you groovy cats.

Thur 1st Sept
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Schick J3 -Golden 500
Schick NOS Plat. [ 2 -Sweden ]
Alum Rub/Rinse
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

After A most disappointing shave yesterday, I went for a Schick J3. I have found that irrespective of the blade used it always deliver for me. Today was no exception , the shave being smooth,comfortable and close.
I think for me the J3, is the best of my modern Schicks when using a single blade. Nearly as good as the PAL Injecto Matic , though a bit more forgiving.

IMG_0820.jpg

Back
Top Bottom