SOTD Saturday 27th August to Friday 2nd September 2016

SOTD: Saturday 27th August 2016.
saturday shave.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower./ Imperial leather Peppermint&Eucalyptus shower Gel / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Muhle R89.
  • Blade:Rapira Platinum Lux. (new)
  • Brush: Semogue 830.
  • Cream: Dove Men+Care. + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel/ Lucky Tiger .
  • It's been a while since i used my R89,teamed it up with the rapira, excellent results yet again, i find these russian blades IMHO to work with most of my razors, and always give excellent results..a nice 3 pass + pickups with no problems, "no weepers on the chin today"!, or irritation, in all, a great saturday shave..Enjoy your day.:cool:

Hardware: Seygusrazor+Rapira Platinum Lux
Software: Old Vielong brush pure badger (90's)+Valobra stick+
Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Short holidays equipment. First shave in Alicante (Benidorm's stepfather, - ).

1e4f8efd7ded570b599ae84b834f586f.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Sat 27th Aug
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
Gillette Flair Tip
Personna Lab Blue [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Have been persuaded by Arthur aka " Electrif ", to try out this Flair Tip razor which I had acquired as part of a job lot . I have looked at it a few times when making a brief return to DE razors , but thought it a bit light for me as I now use heavier adjustables.

Not going anywhere today, so thought would give it a try. Lathered up and ready to go, it Still felt far too light but I still went ahead. First strokes felt odd, but decided to proceed with an ultra light touch and no pressure . Perhaps, my shave time was longer than usual , but I enjoyed a really smooth and comfortable shave with quite an astounding finish. Certainly not like the shaves I got 3 years ago
when I abandoned Cart Shaving and picked up my old plastic handled Gillette TTO from the 70`s.
I got cut quite frequently , as like most starters/returners was in too much of a hurry and very heavy handed.

IMG_0813.jpg

image.jpg SOTD Saturday 27th August 2016. Good morning to you all.

Prep..shower
Pre shave..bloom water
Razor..ATT H2
Blade..Astra SP #1
Brush..Kent BK8
Soap..Tabac
Post shave..Thayers AF WH
EDC.Tabac

A late morning shave today, very close, the H2 and Astra SP working in perfect harmony to leave me as smooth as a really smooth thing.
Finnished off with a good splash of Thayers followed by a few dabs of Tabac EDC here and there. Feeling clean and fresh ready for the day.

Wishing you all a wonderful bank Holliday. Over and out.

Back
Top Bottom