SOTD Saturday 27th August to Friday 2nd September 2016

DSC_0407_zps0khegp1z.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
Japanese Hamilton 6/8th ( Freshly Honed )
VP Leon Hardy Pure Badger
LEA Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had an Awesome Shave Today with My Freshly Honed Japanese Hamilton 6/8th..I was Never Quite Happy with Wickedness of this Blade from the Vendor I Got it from..It was Shave Ready but Far too Yang in My Books..I Took it back to the Bevel Hone & Started Again as it Clearly had been Honed on some Sort of Natural Stones due the Scratches Under the Micro Lens..:cool:

Talking of Far Too Yang..I Have been a Serious Internal Martial Arts Student & Teacher for Many Years Now...The Tai Ji or Yin & Yang Diagram above Represents the Chinese Theory & Practice of Universal Natural Forces...What Most People Don't Realize is What those 2 Dots Represent in the Yin & Yang Symbol..o_O

Those 2 Dots Represent a Dot of Yin within the Yang & a Dot of Yang within the Yin..Even When I am Striking a Fatal Blow in Marital Arts there Must be a Dot of Yin within the Yang Strike...Conversely there is a Dot of Yang within the Yin when Neutralizing an Attack..These are the Hidden Secret if there is One in Internal Chinese Gung Fu Systems..The Twist for Me of Course is that Someone can be Destroyed by Harmonious Forces..:p

I Apply My Gung Fu Knowledge & Understanding of Yin & Yang when I Hone My SRs..This Blade was Too Yang before I Honed it..The Blade Now has a Dot of Yin within the Yang as Represented in the Tai Ji Diagram...In Other Words.. There is a Dot of Softness Within the Hardness & this Edge..Its a Far More Comfortable & Forgiving Edge than before I Honed it..Paradoxically it Even Feels Sharper..There is a Harmonious Balance of Yin & Yang Forces..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy
I am pleased your razor now has a harmonious balance, most important .

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Hone 15
Blade – Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - 'The Archduke' (Bob Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
Soap – Mike's Natural
Post - Witch Hazel

Well, that was a very smooth shave, with the highlight being my 1st use of the 'Archduke'. It holds an absolute bucket full of water, and made light work of Mike's unscented...I was unsure of what to expect when I applied it to my face, as when dry it is very stiff, much like the Rooney 2-Band Heritage (Jade) that I own, but man-oh-man, 'GEL' is the word... absolutely nothing harsh about this brush.. gentle, like the breath of a dove...;-) Seriously though, this is up there with the Heritage, and Simpson 2-Band, a real lush brush!!

Saturday AM 2016-08-27

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 2/1 Finest (20mm/57mm)
D.R. Harris Almond shaving soap + Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Hexagon Helix
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
RazoRock R160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm

Great lather from the Harris and C&E. The razor handle is one of my favorites, not only being unique and interesting in appearance but also feeling really comfortable and sturdy in my hand, making the Feather glide well. I believe the Personna blade is the same as their 74, and I am going to push its durability and use it for another 5 shaves.
ah8dqCb.jpg

Last edited:
Come on baby light my fire!

• Musgo Real Lime glyce wash
  • Proviso Green pre-shave - nice zingy menthol and eucalyptus
  • GFT Lime shaving cream
  • EJ89+Voskhod (3 or 4 or something)
  • Duke 3 Best badger
  • Meissner Tremonia Dark Limes AS splash - starting to really like their stuff
  • FT West Indian Limes Skin Food balm
I guess this shave makes me a bit of a Limey!
shave.jpg

Have a good weekend all!

Back
Top Bottom