SotD: Saturday 26th April - Friday 2nd May

782sirbrian said:
pjgh said:
Hey, that's a cool TTO mate! I'm not sure I've seen one of those before.

Super Thin & RoB Aftershave ... what a shave!

Yes it's a lovely razor Paul one to add to your 'needed' list eh ? :icon_wink:
It's you that enabled me with the aftershave :icon_redface:
Nice Bostonian in the other thread by the way :heart:

... and I take it you like it? Lovely stuff, innit? Gone back for the shower gel yet, or a bottle of EDP for the Mrs? Any soap? Any hand cream? For the Mrs, of course :D

I think you're right ...

I have a Parat and pretty much thought that to be the be all and end all of TTOs, but I''ve recently acquired the flair tip trio, all boxed and have a new found appreciation for these TTOs. Lots of subtlety in there.

Yeah, the Boss is nice. He just wanted a damn good bath and a quite spruce up, which gave me a lovely bit of kit. I already have a 'New Standard' but it was without the screw in base/key. templ8 milled me one, which I love but it's nice to have the full kit and kaboodle.

Face wash with Molton Brown soap
Wickham Club Cola
ATT Kronos M1
Personna lab blue
Thayers original
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

First go with the ATT and the wickham soap. I'd heard some people say the M1 was more moderate than mild but I found it to be in the superspeed territory which is good for me. Very impressed with the Personna blade as I'd tried the platinum chrome ones a couple of times and hated them so didn't have high hopes. The soap was a bit of a revelation. Easy to lather, great cushion, provides great glide and my skin feels great. Judging by how much lather I had left over it seems this will last a while as less product is needed than others I've tried.

All in all a pretty good shave. Need a few more goes with the ATT before I make a final judgment but first impressions are positive.

Tonight's shave

BIC 1 Sensitive
T&H 1805 cream face-lathered
Omega 10098
Alum, WH
Pinaud Clubman Musk
RSC balm

Not posted for a while. Hayfever kicked in with a vengeance and completely blocked my sinuses so as well as not smelling anything I've been more miserable than usual!!

With all the debate going on in the "Good riddance..." thread I was in Savers earlier and saw some BIC 1 disposables for a quid so I got a pack just for fun. You know what it was a nice shave. I struggle to get an irritation free shave with less than about 36hrs growth but sometimes for work I shave less than every 24 hrs. That's what I had tonight and it was better than I would normally get with a DE. I will certainly be using the rest of the pack!!!

RlWnKkS.jpg

MRGLO
Bakelite Slant
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Vulfix Bodger
NSS Dragon's Blood

Decent shave. Still not aced the angle of this razor.

Gillette #58, BiC Astor
Hand-carved Beech 24mm 2-band Finest Fan
Ingrams
Barbershop Bay Rum
Unrefined Shea Butter
Mr Taylor's Cologne
Foad Moustache Wax

This blade is one I hadn't yet tried but after recently reading several positive comments from chaps on here, I purchased a single pack from Gallant and Klein. Had a good shave with it in the #58 and can see me acquiring more if this outing is anything to go by. My tin of NSS French Lavender olive oil recipe hard shaving soap arrived today so I'll be using it tomorrow. Looking forward to it already! Must say that good though the Foad Wax was, I prefer Bounders - more grip and nicer scent. The 'tache is here to stay although it is still an assistant junior trainee handlebar......:blush:

Meet my new friend, Ern ...

IMG_6039.JPG

Loaned to me, this C.Friedr.Ern 'Eagle & Snake' 28 shaved me clean this evening.

He's got a hell of a voice! What a singer! Every stroke ... zschingggg! Definitely the "1912" of straight edge shaving!

I'm getting dangerous with straights. I've really found my angle, an angle which I can get a good, close shave without fear of beaching the blade into my face or dulling it by dragging it down on an angle too shallow. I'm really finding my way with straights.

So, the shave ...

Hot Towel
TOBS Eton College
Pure Badger
C.Friedr.Ern 'Eagle & Snake' 28
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Vintage Cussons Imperial Leather Aftershave
Vintage Cussons Imperial Leather EDT

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & ATG

In other news, I've plucked up the courage for an against the grain pass and did okay. Two nicks, gone in the alum wash.

Vintage Imperial Leather is very nice indeed and I am so glad I shaved with the TOBS Eton College soap - a simple lemon over patchouli, complimented by an overture of classic Gent scent, citrus up top, patchouli in the middle, vanilla and woods down below. Lovely job! Curiously, I find the aftershave stronger than the EDT, which probably means the EDT is projecting very nicely to everyone else.

Dare I try it for work tomorrow?

Thursday i May, 2014

WhiteRabbit_zps6551beaa.jpg

Prep: Shower, Dove Men+Care Sensitive Face Wash
Pre: Tepid water splash
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Cream: Musgo Real Lime Basil
Razor: Fatip Grande Anthracite
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless #2
Post: Alum, Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic, Trumpers Extract of Limes Skin Food

Result: Close, but feeling quite a degree of irritation this morning. A sting in the tail of the Feather blade, I guess.

All the best,

Jon

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: MdC Fougere
Brush: Custom 782sirbrian Oak handle, birth-coin & 22mm WSP HMW
Razor: Ikon OSS
Blade: PolSilver stainless NOS (7)

Last shave at home before flying out to the US. Lovely 3 pass BBS.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Truefitt and Hill in Silvertip
Razor: Thiers Issard Guitar Limited Edition 7/8
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Floris London N°89
EDT: Floris London N°89

image.php

image.php

Back
Top Bottom