SotD: Saturday 26th April - Friday 2nd May

Brush: Vulfix Old Original Pure
Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood
Blade: Feather
Razor: Gillette Toggle
Aftershave: Old Spice

[attachment=10351]

[attachment=10352]

I don't get enough light in my house, that's why most my pics are dark(er) in color forgive me.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398799582.624318.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398799582.624318.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 27
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398799591.690400.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398799591.690400.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 20
Fox said:
SOTD - A new shave in the past!

» Vintage Gillette - Rocket
» Wilkinson Sword - Stainless
» Super Smooth - Southsea Spray
» Grey Flannel - Geoffrey Beene

Palm Lathered - 2 Passes and feeling settled for the night!

x109_dce_u2sja.jpg

As I like listening to the music videos that people post I thought I would post one to tie in with my SOTD photo.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/zG-naU4bbHU[/video]

lovely looking old konica rangefinder? that

TUESDAY EVENING

Pre: Hot rinse & Prep cream
Soap: Mike's eucalyptus & lemongrass - scuttle lathered
Brush: Semogue OC Cherry boar
Razor: Ikon Slant
Blade: Personna 74

I think this blade is on the way out (after about 5 shave) but it's so good it's just gradually blunting and not becoming rough.

Gave me a very nice 8/10's shave tonight. Not BBS but plenty close enough.

Rushing out the door this morning on rare sortie beyond the garden gate. Went round Rosslyn Chapel with friends from Oz. I've lived in Roslin, got christened and married in Roslin Parish Church (to a Roslin lass), my In-Laws still live there, I attend the Doctor's surgery in the village too and for the last 28 years have lived within three miles of the Chapel but today was the first time I actually went round it. Weird how we take for granted what is on our very doorstep. I did the thoroughly enjoyable tour with a freshly shaved fizzog using the following:

EJ DE3D, Shim, Personna Lab Blue
Vie Long White Horse Hair 24mm Fan 12705B
Ingrams
Blue Stratos AS
Unrefined Shea Butter
James Bronnley Original EdT
Bounder's Moustache Wax

Wee horsey performed really well today and I think will be a keeper once I get it into a new handle. Decided on a shim today for a tad extra aggressiveness and was rewarded with a lovely refreshing shave. The Blue Smurfos always follows the mighty 'I' really well and the shea butter was a new and very rewarding experience. The EdT was lovely as usual - refreshing yet refined, gentlemanly and not in your face. Almost classically English.

pjgh said:
Ah, Bronnley's ... I had a post-fencing shower with the Original Shower Gel, so will carry on with the EDT in the morning.

Good to hear of another fan. I purchased the now discontinued after shave lotion back in 2012 after starting the DE journey but initially didn't like the scent. However, I revisited it last year and it grew on me despite the performance being none too good. The EdT is thoroughly enjoyable and can usually be had for a good price somewhere, often the 'bay. I may try the balm at some point but already have plenty of options in this area and am especially impressed with the unrefined shea butter I acquired yesterday.

I also have the moisturising balm. I picked up all my gear at knock down price at one of those 'Homes' stores. The balm is the only balm I've found I can tolerate - samphire and sea kelp. It's very thin and just disappears. Great for winter days when I get a bit dried out.

Yeah, it's a good scent, reminding me somewhat of C&S's citrus and spice concoctions.

davep90 said:
lovely looking old konica rangefinder? that

Yes I recently restored it, the front leather panels were missing so I had to cut new leather panels for it, the shutter had seized and lens needed cleaning on all surfaces so had to be dismantled and then recalibrated. I have a film in it at the moment and will try to post up some of the results from the camera.

This one is the 1st version of 3 I believe by Konica, it has stamped on the top case made in occupied Japan, so dates from the late 40's early 50's.

pjgh said:
I agree! One for the competition, there Fox ... nudge nudge :D

How do you enter for the competition and calender? I have the original, so can submit without the business name and border/frame.

Simply post your picture in the month's thread ...
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-25388.html < this month's

If I get anywhere thinking about how to put together a calendar, I would be approaching the author of each winning entry for a large scale image without overlays, borders, text and so on.

... but for now, just post up a picture and enjoy the adoration in the voting thread :D

Back
Top Bottom