Prep: Shower, Dove Men+Care Sensitive Face Wash
Pre: Tepid water splash
Brush: Thäter 4125/2
Cream: Musgo Real Lime Basil
Razor: Fatip Piccolo Anthracite
Blade: Personna Lab Blue #1
Post: Alum, Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec, Trumpers essence of Limes Skin Food

SotW190414_zpsfc274968.jpg

Result: Quite a while since I'd used the Fatip and I'd forgotten just how aggressive it is. Not helped by adding just a little too much water to the Musgo. Couple of weepers but lovely and smooth. Lime sec is not an After Shave, so may have to rethink that one. I like a sting but that was a little too much. Have a good weekend.

All the best,

Jon

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Floris London JF
Brush: Simpson The Colonel X2L in Manchurian
Razor: Sistrum 6/8
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Floris London JF

image.php

image.php

Cold water splash
Klar Kabinett
Simpson Commodore X3
Weber PH Bulldog
Personna Lab Blue (5)
Weleda ASB
Lalique Hommage a l'Homme EdT

5th shave from the Personna Lab and each one was top class. Close without irritation and very consistent from first to last shave.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Face wash with Pears soap
Cobra Classic / Feather Pro
Rudy Vey custom redwood burl with 23mm Shavemac knot
Proraso Green Soap (New Formula)
Proraso Green A/S
Tom Ford Italian Cypress

Happiness :)

Great photos from Daniele and Barlines!

EJ DE3D, Permasharp
Hand-carved Ash 27mm Boar
Wickham English Lavender Super Smooth
Barbershop Bay Rum
Home-made Eucalyptus Post Shave Oil
James Bronnley Original EdT

Cracking shave! Yon Super Smooth is a sure fire winner: copious amounts of rich, thick, slick, cushioning lather with first class skincare. Slightly too much peppermint in the scent for me as it masks a lot of the Lavender but a moot point as everything else about this soap hits the the high ground effortlessly. Knocks Cella, Vitos Supercrema and MWF for a pavilion clock six. Hat's off Darron - Fantastic Mr. Fox indeed!

Razor: KROPP 7/8 Ebony
Brush: M&F XL2 2-band Blond Badger
Soap: TOBS Mr.Taylor
ASB: D&G The One Sport
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

Freshly honed on the Ozuku Asagi. Very nice and smooth shave. Happy weekend Gents!

DSC02754_zpsc5c8230f.jpg

Saturday04- 26-14. MUSIC: King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omSdwssqSjc[/video]

116b5bfe-4d64-4020-9c09-54a9d253e8f2_zps5da40d7c.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Provence Santé - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Aubrey Men's Stock Northwood - ASL Provence Santé.

Gairdner said:

EJ DE3D, Permasharp
Hand-carved Ash 27mm Boar
Wickham English Lavender Super Smooth
Barbershop Bay Rum
Home-made Eucalyptus Post Shave Oil
James Bronnley Original EdT

Cracking shave! Yon Super Smooth is a sure fire winner: copious amounts of rich, thick, slick, cushioning lather with first class skincare. Slightly too much peppermint in the scent for me as it masks a lot of the Lavender but a moot point as everything else about this soap hits the the high ground effortlessly. Knocks Cella, Vitos Supercrema and MWF for a pavilion clock six. Hat's off Darron - Fantastic Mr. Fox indeed!

Thank you for the kind words, coincidently I use Mikes sometimes as my second pass soap to my Super Smooth, the two work well together, shame I can't get the barber shopp scent here in the UK.

SOTD - Life is not always so black & white

» Vintage Gillette Adjustable
» Wilkinson Sword - Stainless
» Super Smooth - Club Cola
» Eucris - G. F. Trumper

Bowl Lathered - 2 Passes and feeling dapper fresh!

xy19_95b_u2sja.jpg

Gairdner said:

Thank you my friend.

Gairdner said:
Yon Super Smooth is a sure fire winner: copious amounts of rich, thick, slick, cushioning lather with first class skincare. ... Fantastic Mr. Fox indeed!

I 100% agree. Super Smooth is a terrific soap. I have a lot of soaps, and Super Smooth is now between the top ones.

Daniele.

bilbo72 said:
Gairdner said:
Yon Super Smooth is a sure fire winner: copious amounts of rich, thick, slick, cushioning lather with first class skincare. ... Fantastic Mr. Fox indeed!

I 100% agree. Super Smooth is a terrific soap. I have a lot of soaps, and Super Smooth is now between the top ones.

Daniele.

Thank you bilbo72, the photo you made recently with Super Smooth I am in awe with. Its extremely good, and very professional. I may get it printed and framed for at home if that is OK? :D

Gillette Slim Twist
Astra (3)
60p Wilkinson boar brush
1902 menthol/master lather super soap (care of the Wickham co)
Freshwood a/s and balm

i grated the 1902 and mixed it with the master lather sample kindly provided by the Fox. Result? a heeeuge mountain of lather that Wickham Co is known for. Great combo of soaps which produced a smooth cushioned shave. Even the soaps that Darron casts aside are winners! The Slim Twist is an awesome razor, gentle and mild. It's a shame i was just road testing it.

have a good weekend chaps

Back
Top Bottom