SotD: Saturday 26th April - Friday 2nd May

Thursday
Nanny's Yushu Olive Oil soap
New Forest Tubby 2
#15 Aristocrat
Treet Durasharp
Fitjar Folgefonn ASB
James Bronnley EdT

Great lather from Nanny's soap and the scent is amazing! Close shave but a bit of irritation which is rare for me and...irritating.

Friday
T&H 1805 cream
New Forest Tubby 2
Streamline
Gem blade
Tabac AS
T&H Trafalgar EdT

A lovely shave, smooth and with zero irritation.

Plisson Joris Thin Handle Palladium Razor
Rotbart Extra Dunn (thin) Blade
Craftsman Soap Co (tallow & lanolin) Soap
WSP Prince Silvertip
Dove Post Shave Balm
Old Spice Cologne
SRD Mother Earth Scuttle

Friday 05-02-14. MUSIC: Peggy Lee - The Best of Peggy Lee.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdd33OnDX-w[/video]

c531978e-af35-440f-b126-29c429bfc137_zpse511eb72.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Merkur 25C - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Lavanda Ach. Brito - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Nivea Sensitive - ASL Lavanda Ach. Brito.

NElwvEm.jpg

MRGLO
Braveheart Head + Templ8 SS Custom Handle
Gillette Silver Blue
Duke 2 Pure
NSS Vetyver
Krampert's Finest Bay Rum

First shave with the Braveheart + handle I got from Al. It is definitely more aggressive than the EJ, as claimed. I would say that the finish is not as nice though. The corners and indentations are less well defined than the EJ. But for £15 I would say that it was OK.

The handle is gorgeous - the knurling is very fine but grippy and the weight made for an effortless shave.

The Vetyver soap was a total surprise. It is very earthy, almost nutty and has a dampness to it that is unusually pleasing. It worked up a fine lather but I think I'll need more time to get used to it because it took me a wee while to build.

Warm flannel
Monsavon
Vulfix Bodger
Minora long comb, Gillette Bleue Extra
Aqua Velva

Bit rough and the AS stung a bit. Lather wasn't the best on account of the soap coming to an end and so being a bit soap-lite. Probably a shave too far for the blade too.

Headshave

Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Clinique Aloe M Gel
Bulgari Black EDT

No face shave for 4 weeks now. Beard is very nearly back to its former black/brown/blonde/grey/white glory. Had a spot of 'shaving envy' last week when I was eyeing up Feather AC razors on eBay, but powered through it. Have decided I'm never shaving for anything 'work related' ever again ... they can bugger right off.

Hot towel
Cella
Omega boar
Braveheart head, jagger handle
Rapira (not swedes)
Skin bracer
Nivea asb

First time using this razor/blade combo and both performed very well indeed. Got the skin bracer through the post today from bluemedical which only took 8 days, didn't feel anything for the first 5 seconds or so then BAM. Very enjoyable experience overall.

Friday night!

IMG_6047.JPG

Hot Towel
Tabac Shaving Soap
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Le Grelot Hospital
CV Heljestrand Hollow Ground
Gillette Guard
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Tabac Eau de Cologne

Bowl Lathered
Three Pass - WTG & XTG (Le Grelot) ATG (Gillette)

Another quite breathtaking shave from this Le Grelot with a hollow ground Heljestrand blade. Everything, absolutely everything I love in a shave.

The Le Grelot was clearly the star, but the supporting performers were all there, namely the Tabac products. Great performers with a great scent!

Intrigued by my new Gillette Guard, I pulled a final pass against the grain (not that it really needed it, but nice to polish) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would not say that this will sound the death knell for the DE, not by a long shot. It's mild. By that, I mean it is very safe - you are not going to cut yourself with this, but equally, and a positive in my book, it doesn't shave mega-close, sub-skin like their modern cartridges do. It shaves close. Think of it as a Bic Sensitive with a wobbly head and a significantly better handle.

The Gillette Guard is a cracking little razor. 19 Rs for the handle with one head and 7 Rs for replacement heads, it's a bargain! By comparison, a Gillette Sterling 7 O'Clock is 100 Rs.

IMG_6050.JPG

[attachment=10383][attachment=10383]Prep - Shower
Soap - TOB Sandlewood
Brush - No Name
Razor - E/J DE89
Blade - 7 O'clock
Post - L'Occitane
AS - TOB Victorian Lime

Saturday the 3rd May: Very slow and enjoyable shave, which resulted in a very close shave. The sun is out, cool and fresh day. Enjoy the weekend Gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom