SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

View attachment 32758 ~SOTD~ 23rd January Tuesday

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912 fitted with SS Handle
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux NOS 1950s
Soap ~ Grooming Dept ~ Wonderland
Brush ~ Omega Special, Boar
Post ~ Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Aftershave
Scent ~ Mugler ~ Pure Havane EDT

A great shave using great kit, what could go wrong! :)

Have a tremendous Teusday .......:) P.

I've seen that Omega brush handle with a badger knot, is your brush a reknot or is that an original Omega boar brush?

(Only asking because I've been curious about that particular Omega badger brush and would love to hear if you have experience of it. Thanks)

I've seen that Omega brush handle with a badger knot, is your brush a reknot or is that an original Omega boar brush?

(Only asking because I've been curious about that particular Omega badger brush and would love to hear if you have experience of it. Thanks)
No I bought it as it is from Counnaught Shaving, do you know where the Omega Badger with that handle is being stocked? P.

V3JH7xs.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015
Soap: P&B Solaris
Razor: Mongoose (on loan)
Blade: Feather Pro
View attachment 32759

My two shaves with the Mongoose haven't been bad but they haven't been great either.
It has a lot of fans so it's possible I'm not getting the best out of it.
Bearing this in mind I decided to swop the iKon OSS handle for an EJ Barley one to make it more head heavy and fitted it with the sharper Feather Pro to make it more effective.
Did any of this help?
Well, it's the best shave I've had from it so far but in saying that, I get better shaves from the General, my only other 3 piece AC SE experience.
Any suggestions? Should I go back to the heavier handle now I'm using a sharper blade?
I would consider going back to the Ikon OSS Handle. Try it with the Feather and if all else fails may be consider a Proline in it Kevin?

7WUdpp0V_o.jpg

Omega 11126
iKon 102
Gillette Stainless (3)
Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, Nivea Balm & Old Spice Whitewater

A very nice combination of razor and blade, smooth and comfortable. Another use of Solaris to try and polish it off. I swear it regenerates when I put it back, same with the Whitewater, just when I think it is the final use there is still more in the bottle. I will finish both off next week. Use them until they are no more!

I do think that I have to agree with the general consensus of the boars, this is my only dyed boar and I prefer all my others which are un-dyed. An un-dyed boar in this handle would be much nicer in my opinion.

Tue 23rd Jan

Omega 11137 boar
MWF
Supply SE V2-plate 3
Personna ( 4 )
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Red A/S lotion

Another Injector ! Shave with the Supply SE, which I have found to be quite mild for me.Since I started to use a Personna blade things have improved,which is surprise as I do not normally get on with lt

Today I chose the dependable MWF which lathers well with the little boar. The Razor is very smooth and comfortable, and by concentrating on polishing up work I was pleased to get a nice close all round finish. All I need now is a V2 aggressive plate to make this Razor really work for me.

IMG_0504.jpg

Sotd - 23/1/18 - Tuesday

Razor - Merkur 37 slant
blade - Lodz Polsilver (1)
brush - Simpsons P8
soap - Monsavon tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Mentally Vigorous (Lo - as it shall be known from now on - it is the law)
balm - Floid balsamo.

Result - I enjoyed that.

A nice unhurried afternoon shave - a leisurely mimsy about the den to see what was on deck for today. Made all the better listening to the torrential rain rattling off the bathroom window as I was nice and warm indoors. I enjoyed using the slant for the first time in ages - simple, reliable, cheap and unchanged for decades. If you are new to the wet shaving lark don't make the mistake I did when I started - somehow I erroneously came to understand that slants are somehow more aggressive and dangerous than normal de's. They're not - treat them with the respect you would give any razor and they ought to reward you with an excellent shave. Although I don't fall into the category - I believe that they can be useful if you have the dread combination of a very thick beard in tandem with sensitive skin. You need to be using a blade suitable for your needs obviously. I've found the Ikon slants to be excellent too - the X3 probably edging the rest out for me. Usefully they come head only so you can stick it on whatever handle suits you. The brush is still my new favourite thing - it worked just fine with the Monsavon hard soap. A humble but excellent product - especially for this time of year. Full of tallowy goodness. The Mentally Vigorous and matching balsamo to finish. Job done - actually @Scotshave - mate - given your rebranding of the Floid could we come up with an entirely ned/Glaswegian themed shave? The razor would have to be a Gillette Rocket, for a brush what about a Simpsons 'hard' Case with a Pure 'mad mental' knot? Soap - Wickham's Russian Leathered or Parma Violent. The splash is covered - but using the matching Floid Bam. Ha ha ha. I apologise - very little of that is going to make sense if you aren't Scottish. Enjoy your shaves troops - cheers - I.

Last edited:
SOTD 230118
SOTD 230118 2.jpg

Razor: Eye Witness Sheffield 6/8
Soap: Dr Jon's Classic
Brush: Jagger Custom 30mm Purple Heart Tuxedo
EDT: Mancera Cedrait brise

A wonderful 2 pass shave aside from a cut to the chin :rolleyes: has left me clean shaven and feeling fresh.
The cut was soon sorted with the alum and Balm.

My first use of this newly acquired 30mm Tuxedo Brush. This holds lather for fun and has super backbone, great flow through and super soft tips. Very pleased with it.

Finished with the gorgeous Mancera sample.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

Back
Top Bottom