SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

20180122_214236_1516657480937-1597x1596.jpg

Won a PIF from @Blademonkey for an Ever Ready Lightweight single edge razor and some Valobra soap (in a vintage travel tube too!)

Extremely generous from a top bloke. Unfortunately I forgot about the soap tonight until I was already lathering Tabac, so I've not tried it yet. Three days of growth too. Had to miss a shave yesterday. All in all a good shave - not quite BBS - missed it by a whisker! :cool:

20180118_154712_crop_989x605.jpg

SOTD 220118
SOTD 180118 3.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Parker Adjustable. (set at 3.5)
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Burnt Orange. (Sample)
Brush: Epsilon Horse Hair 26mm
Scuttle: Giles
EDT: D R Harris Traditional
Cologne: D R Harris Traditional.

I have neglected this razor and having used it this evening, I will not do that again. Set @3.5 I have had a superb 3 pass shave. It is up there in my opinion with the Rockwell 6c.

My soap sample has simply enabled me to buy a full puck. it is gorgeous stuff and paired perfectly with the D R Harris Traditional.

Enjoy your Shaves! :)

SOTD: 23rd January 2018.
+G7.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Boots ~ Original Shave Stick.(disc)

Blade:Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Gillette A/S Balm.

Blue Stratos A/S .

Greetings,

Another early start for me,today i've experimented with the boots shave stick using a small disk, instead of my usually face lathering application,it created a more than adequate wonderful slick protective lather for my shave.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

The Fatip Grande/Rapira sss was a great match, making the shave very comfortable and enjoyable.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Blue Stratos A/S.

My face is feeling very smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

PRE CHEMO SHAVE
Hospital today. I like to shave before the infusion because it slows down the hair growth which when you like shaving is extremely annoying
df8eb4147994c6e7376eee041ec3e0bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave

One days growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)
Soap: OSP Fougere
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Lord Platinum (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Alum, L'Occitane Cade AS Balm (Sample) followed by Michael Kors.

Lord Platinum Test
Day 2

The Lord Platinum still surprises with the smoothness it brings to a shave. However, even on the second shave, I can feel the sharpness starting to ebb away. Parts of my shave that should take one stoke to clear, is taking two or three. No weepers even with some buffing, and the shave ending up very nice.

That said, I did end up with a close, comfortable shave.

Forgot to mention, I tried the L'Occitane Cade AS Balm (Sample) yesterday and today. Very nice product, absorbs into the skin quickly and does not leave greasy post feel. Not sure of the scent as I find they did not reflect well in samples.

Cheers,

Brian

Greetings

Tuesday 23rd January 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Treet Black Beauty
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Cream: Gentlemans Face Care Club
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Pal Zileri Cuoio

Having now finished shaving with all of my boar and badger brushes I am now more convinced than ever that for me synthetics are now my first choice. I do really like my 2 band Thater Fan but even that just does not seem to perform as well as the synthetics.

Regards
Dick.

23.1.18.JPG

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 23rd January Tuesday

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912 fitted with SS Handle
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux NOS 1950s
Soap ~ Grooming Dept ~ Wonderland
Brush ~ Omega Special, Boar
Post ~ Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Aftershave
Scent ~ Mugler ~ Pure Havane EDT

A great shave using great kit, what could go wrong! :)

Have a tremendous Tuesday .......:) P.

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015
Soap: P&B Solaris
Razor: Mongoose (on loan)
Blade: Feather Pro
IMG_20180123_095823.jpg

My two shaves with the Mongoose haven't been bad but they haven't been great either.
It has a lot of fans so it's possible I'm not getting the best out of it.
Bearing this in mind I decided to swop the iKon OSS handle for an EJ Barley one to make it more head heavy and fitted it with the sharper Feather Pro to make it more effective.
Did any of this help?
Well, it's the best shave I've had from it so far but in saying that, I get better shaves from the General, my only other 3 piece AC SE experience.
Any suggestions? Should I go back to the heavier handle now I'm using a sharper blade?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom