SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Sotd - 23/1/18 - Tuesday

Razor - Merkur 37 slant
blade - Lodz Polsiver (1)
brush - Simpsons P8
soap - Monsavon tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Mentally Vigorous (Lo - as it shall be known from now on - it is the law)
balm - Floid balsamo.

Result - I enjoyed that.

A nice unhurried afternoon shave - a leisurely mimsy about the den to see what was on deck for today. Made all the better listening to the torrential rain rattling off the bathroom window as I was nice and warm indoors. I enjoyed using the slant for the first time in ages - simple, reliable, cheap and unchanged for decades. If you are new to the wet shaving lark don't make the mistake I did when I started - somehow I erroneously came to understand that slants are somehow more aggressive and dangerous than normal de's. They're not - treat them with the respect you would give any razor and they ought to reward you with an excellent shave. Although I don't fall into the category - I believe that they can be useful if you have the dread combination of a very thick beard in tandem with sensitive skin. You need to be using a blade suitable for your needs obviously. I've found the Ikon slants to be excellent too - the X3 probably edging the rest out for me. Usefully they come head only so you can stick it on whatever handle suits you. The brush is still my new favourite thing - it worked just fine with the Monsavon hard soap. A humble but excellent product - especially for this time of year. Full of tallowy goodness. The Mentally Vigorous and matching balsamo to finish. Job done - actually @Scotshave - mate - given your rebranding of the Floid could we come up with an entirely ned/Glaswegian themed shave? The razor would have to be a Gillette Rocket, for a brush what about a Simpsons 'hard' Case with a Pure 'mad mental' knot? Soap - Wickham's Russian Leathered or Parma Violent. The splash is covered - but using the matching Floid Bam. Ha ha ha. I apologise - very little of that is going to make sense if you aren't Scottish. Enjoy your shaves troops - cheers - I.
:D Nice work. As an alternate to Parma Violent, maybe a wee dab of Glasgae Kiss My Face?

Tuesday AM 2018-01-23

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle (Hamada and Purple)
Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest #2 (26mm/65mm)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass L1/Triad Brass Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (6)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave
2DPg94u.jpg

Sotd - 23/1/18 - Tuesday

Razor - Merkur 37 slant
blade - Lodz Polsiver (1)
brush - Simpsons P8
soap - Monsavon tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Mentally Vigorous (Lo - as it shall be known from now on - it is the law)
balm - Floid balsamo.

Result - I enjoyed that.

A nice unhurried afternoon shave - a leisurely mimsy about the den to see what was on deck for today. Made all the better listening to the torrential rain rattling off the bathroom window as I was nice and warm indoors. I enjoyed using the slant for the first time in ages - simple, reliable, cheap and unchanged for decades. If you are new to the wet shaving lark don't make the mistake I did when I started - somehow I erroneously came to understand that slants are somehow more aggressive and dangerous than normal de's. They're not - treat them with the respect you would give any razor and they ought to reward you with an excellent shave. Although I don't fall into the category - I believe that they can be useful if you have the dread combination of a very thick beard in tandem with sensitive skin. You need to be using a blade suitable for your needs obviously. I've found the Ikon slants to be excellent too - the X3 probably edging the rest out for me. Usefully they come head only so you can stick it on whatever handle suits you. The brush is still my new favourite thing - it worked just fine with the Monsavon hard soap. A humble but excellent product - especially for this time of year. Full of tallowy goodness. The Mentally Vigorous and matching balsamo to finish. Job done - actually @Scotshave - mate - given your rebranding of the Floid could we come up with an entirely ned/Glaswegian themed shave? The razor would have to be a Gillette Rocket, for a brush what about a Simpsons 'hard' Case with a Pure 'mad mental' knot? Soap - Wickham's Russian Leathered or Parma Violent. The splash is covered - but using the matching Floid Bam. Ha ha ha. I apologise - very little of that is going to make sense if you aren't Scottish. Enjoy your shaves troops - cheers - I.
Excellent @Digimonkey . I'll have to give some thought innat' knaw?

Actually, if the Hard Case brush is still set aside for drying, there's always the Wee[dgie] Scot...

Ooooooh - nae danger big man - top end banter - I canny believe I looked through that one. Staring it straight in the coupin. I'm a total fud. Fanny. Do you think we could interest the Stirling Soap Co. - given their plethora of scents - to do a TSR limited edition 'Buckfast' soap? Based on the elegant 'screw tap' tonic wine. A wine with a message - which is 'leave well alone,' - ideally suited to hand to hand combat. Catch you Oscar - cheers - I.

Ooooooh - nae danger big man - top end banter - I canny believe I looked through that one. Staring it straight in the coupin. I'm a total fud. Fanny. Do you think we could interest the Stirling Soap Co. - given their plethora of scents - to do a TSR limited edition 'Buckfast' soap? Based on the elegant 'screw tap' tonic wine. A wine with a message - which is 'leave well alone,' - ideally suited to hand to hand combat. Catch you Oscar - cheers - I.
Brilliant, Iain...keep em coming.

Tuesday's shave of the day :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by BBA Pre-shave Oil..
Razor - Colonial Razors - The General, SS.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (Day 1).
Soap - Jack Black's Supreme Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Omega (Boar) 011829.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, Boots Which Hazel followed by Ibiza Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A great 2 pass shave, felt smooth as [insert dolphin simile here], good lather and nice feel with a new Kai Captain blade.

All the best gents,

Chris

Tuesday 23rd January

Olive Oil Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Proraso Preshave Cream
Arko Shave Stick
Yaqi Barber Synthetic Brush
Star 1912 with a shimmed GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Arko Sensitive ASB
Brut Passion EDT

A very early morning shave before a very challenging long day at work:(
The Arko soap performed wonderfully...I only use it occasionally and then forget about it for months. Really I should use it more often. It has been on the shelf for so long that most of the strong smell has disappeared and it is now more pleasant to use!

Three passes for a wonderful BBS shave:)

Back
Top Bottom