SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

20180123_193706-jpg.23871

Razor: Yintal (on loan)
Razor blade: Polsilver (3)
Brush: Elite Manchurian
Soap: MDC Fougere

Another razor on loan from James AKA @Acer89
Fit and finish is very good for a razor so inexpensive.
The handle is on the long side to what I'm used to but I had no problems using it. I did change the handle to the ATT Kronos on the second pass and ATT Atlas on the third. I found I preferrd the Kronos.

The shave was good but I'd like it to be smoother but I wouldn't say it was rough. I think a bit of experimenting with different blades would do the trick.
There is some blade feel but nothing like the Timeless I used on my last shave. I'd say it was just behind the ATT R1 for efficiently and blade feel. Overall I'd class it as 'assertive'.

Many thanks James for the loan of the razor.

Cheers
Rob

Tuesday evening

Soap - Phoenix and Beau Baskerville
Brush - RazoRock BC
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade - Gillette Nacet #1
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
EdC - Alt-Innsbruck

I hadn't DE'd for a while. Although increasingly I'm becoming more of an SE user, I do like my Slim, Red Tip and Fa Tip to revisit.

The Baskerville performed beautifully as always and gave the perfect conditions for the Gillette combo. The 1967 Slim gave a great shave and dialled in at 7 proved perfect for all 3 passes.

Cool menthol burn of the A-I and all's well.

Take care, everyone.

S.
99A7B71E-F75B-40CC-A376-212FC6A2D92A.jpeg

Tuesday 23rd January 2018
SOTD 23rd Jan.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso White
Razor: iKon 101
Blade: NOS Personna (#2)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Extra Density 2 Band Finest
Soap: L'Occitane Cream
Bowl: Korium
AS: Bulldog balm

Another very close and smooth shave, this time without the irritation that I had yesterday.

Bad shave today but I needed it. Not shaved for a week and it was getting a bit ragged looking.

Having real issues with acne at the moment and was prescribed Lymecycline which I used to be on (ended up using push doctor to get an appointment and it was pretty easy to use well worth the money).

So ended up doing a single pass trying to avoid the affected areas which at the moment is most of now chin. A lot of discomfort.

Edwin Jagger best badger brush
Edwin Jagger DE89
Rapira Super Stainless (ended up switching to a trusty feather as the blade was awful. I would have been better using a rusty rake)
Traditional Shaving Company Leodis cream
TCP and Freederm cream to finish off

Looking at getting some brush less cream to try. Considering the Lucky Tiger cream or the Elvado but I can only find Elvado on Magards.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

A 1960 Fatboy (I know my sights are not so high )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice J. - a highly desirable razor to own by anybodies standards. I hope you like it. I don't own a Fatboy but have used a loaner - it was very good indeed. I have a 63 Slim Aristocrat and it's among my most prized possessions. The Fatboy will be excellent for you I'm sure. They have a 'feel' in the hand that few other vintage razors can match. Take care - yours - I.

YaqI 24mm Tuxedo
Tabac
Futur
Wilkinson Sword old stock Made In England
Lavender witch hazel
4711 Aftershave

A comfortable close three passes tonight.
Mostly German products allied with a Chinese brush and an English blade.
4711 matches Tabac very well. As it wears off the scent of the soap subtly reappears.

IMG_0110.jpg

Date: 24 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Bowl:- Captain's Choice
Frankenrazor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Bulldog Handle
Blade:- Astra Superior Platinum #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

I don't normally take photo's of my SOTD very often too much bloody hassle.

Time to bring out the Tabac because it's been nearly 6 months or more untouched in my den, when I open the lid the poor bastard has been stone dry with cracks all over the puck, and has shrunk about 10mm smaller inside the ceramic dish just like in a hot desert screaming for water.

OMG!! I keep forgetting how much I love the smell of Tabac just like an old swag, and you can't keep up with this old girl smoking cuban cigars every day but you gotta love Tabac in your den.

cigarr.jpg

Last edited:

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Acqua di Parma
Razor: UFO Goliath / Colonial General
Blade: Kai Captain Titan (2)
EdT: Knize Forest

Got a great lather from the ADP soap this morning. It is quite thirsty - slow hydration was rewarded with loads of quality lather.
Three passes for a DFS+. The Knize Forest proved a very good match for the ADP scent.

Back
Top Bottom