SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

553032_A7-31_B8-4548-_AC04-84747754_D3_C1.jpg

Black Beauty
Silver Blue
Arkadia
YaQi

Back to the 2-band YaQi after a quick spell with the Silvertip. Very nice and so much more backbone, though the Silvertip is insanely soft.
First run with a Black Beauty which took some getting used to after religiously using my Rocca. First run with Arkadia (courtesy of @shevsky) as well and it made for a great combo!

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Wednesday shave

One days growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)
Soap: P&B Citra Royale
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Lord Platinum (3rd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Alum, Molton Brown Post Shave Recovery Balm followed by Michael Kors.

Lord Platinum Test
Day 3

The Lord Platinum blade is still smooth, but I am now positive it's lost its edge. Even though I still got a smooth finish, it took several stokes per pass, so lucky I was using a soap renowned for its slickness. Saying that the razor is still quite forgiving but I got a few weepers due to having to go over the same area and using the one thing DE shavers should not use – pressure. Alum had some burn today but it did not last that long.

Tried the Molton Brown Post Shave Recovery Balm – bland scent for a Molton Brown product, and I found it initially rather greasy. It did have a slight burn when rubbing in but dried quickly enough. Post shave, my skin does not feel a little sensitive even an hour after shaving.

Cheers,

Brian

Very nice J. - a highly desirable razor to own by anybodies standards. I hope you like it. I don't own a Fatboy but have used a loaner - it was very good indeed. I have a 63 Slim Aristocrat and it's among my most prized possessions. The Fatboy will be excellent for you I'm sure. They have a 'feel' in the hand that few other vintage razors can match. Take care - yours - I.

thanks again for your kind words. i cant wait to receive it.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Wednesday 24th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Donkey & Goat Milk Soap
Razor ~ Schick E2 1935 -1945
Blade ~ Schick Proline
Soap ~ La Savonniere du Moulin
Brush ~ Steven Jagger custom boar
Bowl ~ Little Wren Pottery
Post ~ Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Aftershave
Scent ~ ADP Oud (Decant)

A wonderfully close shave from the E2, paired with the Proline has given this razor some manners! :)

It's a wet and windy Wednesday so let's be careful out there......:) P.

Wednesday's shave of the day :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, warm water splash.
Razor - Colonial Razors - The General, SS.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (Day 2).
Soap - OSP Bay Rum.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Omega (Boar) 011829.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, Boots Which Hazel followed by D.R Harris Bay Rum Aftershave.

I don't know what happened today - the best ever 2 pass shave with The General SS and a Kai Captain. A super smooth, shave with no issues, BBS.

Have a great day all,

Chris

CS1CuQX.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Japanese Hamilton Swedish Steel 6/8th
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Super Duper Close Shave with My Swedish Steel Japanese Hamilton 6/8th Today..Man..What a Lazer Sharp & Ridiculously Smooth Razor..I Am Not a Fan of Japanese Steel or Some of the Later Swedish Steel on Japanese Razors..But I Like Japanese Razors with what I Call Traditional/Vintage Swedish Steel..My Judgement of Taste of Course..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

PRE - Shower & almond oil

BRUSH - SOC Boar

SOAP - Portus Cale

RAZOR - Dovo ‘Mammut' extra hollow (18)

POST - Almond oil & Fine Platinum

Great shave from the Portus Cale!
It's one of the most underrated and unused soaps in my opinion. An awesome post shave feel and great glide.
It kind of smells like Lynx Africa, though when finished with Fine Platinum it comes alive!

This is the last shave with the Dovo mammut. 18 shaves with no cromox or diamond spray, only linen and leather stropping and the edge has reached its limit for me. It's tugging is reaching a painful status.
I'll give it a few light laps on a yellow lake oilstone to bring it back to life again.
3eec6433aaf6ade35b76333cc9648ce4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom