SOTD Saturday 19th November to Friday 25th November 2016

Thur 24th Nov

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Merkur Futur
Lab Blue [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

Had a rare excursion back to DE shaving today. Having switched mainly to SE/Injectores , I find that
DE razors are less forgiving and require more concentration throughout the shave, to avoid mishaps.

I like the weight of the Futur, as I find that the weight helps in avoiding putting pressure on the razor while shaving. Attained a really smooth and comfortable shave, with a great all round finish,managed to go ATG around the neck , without mishap or irritation. Possibly one of my best ever DE Shaves.

IMG_1028.jpg

Thur 24th Nov

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Merkur Futur
Lab Blue [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

Had a rare excursion back to DE shaving today. Having switched mainly to SE/Injectores , I find that
DE razors are less forgiving and require more concentration throughout the shave, to avoid mishaps.

I like the weight of the Futur, as I find that the weight helps in avoiding putting pressure on the razor while shaving. Attained a really smooth and comfortable shave, with a great all round finish,managed to go ATG around the neck , without mishap or irritation. Possibly one of my best ever DE Shaves.

View attachment 22189
Nice shave set up..that brush is excellent.;)..well done on one of your best DE shaves ever.:)..i've trained my mind to shave the lather from my face, rather than thinking i removing the stubble, this has helped me dramatically to add no pressure, resulting in sublime no irritation silky smooth shaves.Regards.

Tim Zowada Damasscus
Morris & Forndran
Mike's
Eufros
31067974232_36e5a1865c_c.jpg

One classy set-up you have there. The SR is beautiful.

November 24, 2016
Wolfman WR-01 Ti OC with Hempel Ti
Feather
Romera Olivewood Synthetic
Route 66 Twisted Tweed
Witch Hazel

I was up early in order to get the turkey started in the Big Green Egg. With the bird smoking away, I had a nice relaxing shave. The CH2 Synthetic whipped up the Route 66 Twisted Tweed into a wonderful slick lather. A nice easy three pass shave with minimal touch ups ended just short of near perfect BBS. Guests will be arriving around lunch so I am back to my cooking duties. To those that celebrate I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with family and friends and to everyone I hope you have a great Thursday.

Greetings

Thursday 24th November 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Cream: Simpsons Luxury
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Balenciaga Paris

Back from warmer climes to a cold grey Norfolk and hard water! I found it easy to ignore the Christmas trees in Fuerteventura with the sun shining and a temperature of 24 degrees.:rolleyes:

Regards
Dick.

P1020045.JPG

Another pot, I'm afraid...but I did say in a previous post that I would do a pic of the pot I decided to use for my Baskerville soap...et voila:

Pre: Hot shower and Proraso white pre-shave
Shave: P&B Baskerville, The Duke, EJ89/Braveheart + Nacet
Post: Wright's coal tar soap, cold rinse, Boots Witch Hazel, M&S Woodspice Burgundy AS and Balm

My earliest memory of the Hound of the Baskervilles is the scene in the (I think) 1959 Hammer horror version, with Peter Cushing as Holmes, where Sir Hugo and his mates ride with hounds after the girl who has escaped across the moors...They wore red riding jackets...

View attachment 22171
Well, that's just superb. I love the vintage bottles for various fluids. That turns utility into style. It looks terrific. What's more, that approach would go down very well with the Minister for War & Finance, as she loves that sort of thing. Very nicely done.

Good Afternoon Chaps,

Prep: Hot shower and l'oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre: King of Shaves oil
Cream: TOBS Sandlewood
Brush: shavemac 'unique' knot custom
Razor Fatip piccolo
Razor blades: personna and Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (3)

First time using the Fatip and it was a mixed bag.
I hadn't shaved since Saturday (off work at the moment) so it had something to work with.
I started with a personna blade and it didn't take long before I swapped it for the Gillette blade. I've try personna blades a couple of times and never got on with them.
The Gillette blade improved things and the razor became smoother.

I'd bought the Fatip on recommendations from the lovely folk on here, thank you. This came about after being dissatisfied with the shaves I'd been getting from the Muhle R41.

Comparing the two is not exactly straight forward. The Fatip has a lot more blade exposure but you don't feel as much blade as the R41. The Fatip is smoother and more comfortable to use, when you get the right blade, that is.
I also found the Fatip to be very efficient across the grain. I just needed touch ups ATG on my neck. TBH I thought WTG to be the most uncomfortable. Something the R41 does excel at.

I did end up with a close shave and my skin didn't feel tender, like it does with the R41.

Apologies for being so long winded. Hopefully someone might find it of some use.

Have a good day and thanks again to the members who offered their advice, it was much appreciated.
Cheers
Rob

e93b67ad0196dc9c2b2c4ce78ff0b55f.jpg

Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife
Razorock Plissoft 24mm
Gibbs no15 (5-N-1)
PSSI
444 + Bello Dominican Bay Rum

After yesterday conversation with dear @Blaemonkey about Gibbs the only one thing what i can do was - shave with my Gibbs No 15.

Once again - smooth and pleasent shave!

P.S. Nemo is here beacouse i was singing Beyond the sea while shaving. [emoji16]

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk
You found him then.

Thur 24th Nov

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Merkur Futur
Lab Blue [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

View attachment 22189
Love Lea products especially their aftershave balm.

Back
Top Bottom