SOTD Saturday 19th November to Friday 25th November 2016

I've toyed with the idea of the Bakelite Merkur, Pat...what's your thoughts?

The Merkur 45c I use as a travel razor, I bring it out of its box every now and again to use in my rotation as it's different to my heavier razors and a bit of fun to use.
In saying that I'm always impressed with the shave I get from this little razor, performing well and getting a nice close shave.

The Merkur 45c I use as a travel razor, I bring it out of its box every now and again to use in my rotation as it's different to my heavier razors and a bit of fun to use.
In saying that I'm always impressed with the shave I get from this little razor, performing well and getting a nice close shave.
Thanks for that, Pat. I use a Wilkinson Sword Classic as part of a Palmolive Stick/Omega 'Mixed Midget' travel combo. I used to use my 1968 Travel Tech; but don't want to run the risk of losing the wee guy, hence the WS.

image.jpg SOTD Thursday 24 November 2016

Pass-around Merkur 37c versus ATT S2

Razor...Merkur 37c
Blade...Lodz Polsilver #3
Razor..ATT S2
Blade..Lodz Polsilver #2
Soap..OSP Bay Rum
Brush...Shavemac "The Blue One"
Post..Thayers Lavender AF
EDP..Oud 24 Hours

I used the 37c on the left side of my face and the S2 on my right, I found I got more blade feel with the S2, more feedback and it handled my neck area a lot better than the Merkur did. The ATT S2 for me felt like a slant where the Merkur just felt like a run of the mill DE razor, I must say I'm a little disapointed with the 37c after being told that it was everything a slant should be but saying that it has only been my third shave with it so I'm not going to write it off just yet.
All I can say about today's test is that I prefer my S2 over the 37c and that it imo out performed the 37c.

Wishing you well. Happy thanksgiving .

Tim Zowada Damasscus
Morris & Forndran
Mike's
Eufros
31067974232_36e5a1865c_c.jpg

View attachment 22182
Tabac Original soap
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Gillette Tech U.S. 1938-41 Rose Gold
Gillette Nacet #3
Thayer's and Tabac Original a/s

Cold today...need the warmth of Tabac. Great shave. Have a good one fellas...and hope the U.S. contingent had/are still having a lovely Thanksgiving.
This has to be one of the best shave set ups.;)..absolutely superb.

SOTD: 24th November 2016.
DTHURS..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals Shower Gel & Shampoo. / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: 1971 Gillette Slim Twist.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack.(1)

Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Soap: Proraso menthol & eucalyptus+ 4 drops of Glycerine in the soap bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture./ Barbon menthol Aftershave .

Arko (Fresh) aftershave balm.

A late post from this morning..the Gillette Slim Twist performed wonderfully yet again, a very nice menthol enhanced 3 pass silky smooth shave with no errors to report..The Barbon menthol aftershave along with the Arko (fresh) balm gave me a "Kicking Face Freezer blast" to get the old face sensors started.:cool:..feeling extremely refreshed. Enjoy your day, gentlemen.;)

Back
Top Bottom