SOTD Saturday 19th November to Friday 25th November 2016

Looks great, like the fat handled brush especially....Going to have to check out the Stirling Soap Co.
6fccc98270b0f9a2f650d067eab7f05a.jpg

Full tilt Piacenza shave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6fccc98270b0f9a2f650d067eab7f05a.jpg

Full tilt Piacenza shave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

DSC_0339_zpsbybhlrz5.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma Solingen 6/8th
Leon Hardy Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Wonderful Shave this Evening with My Pre - War Puma Solingen 6/8th..I Honed this SR on a Naniwa Super Stone Progression Quite Recently & its One Seriously Smooth Shaver whilst being Very Sharp..I Reckon this Might Even be the Sweetest Shaver in My Collection..Cracking Shaver..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Razor: Gillette President Y 1
Blade: Feather Platinum (4)
Brush: Shavemac Zebra, Honeycomb 2 Band Badger
Soap: Route 66 Frozen Margarita
Aftershave: Myrsol Blue

A very fine shave today. Kind of busy.
L8r.
View attachment 22179
This is clearly a little extreme...Myrsol Blue...with orange headgear...really? What's happened to taste on this forum? (Bet you shave with ice water don't you?);):):D(Cool pic m8...in more ways than one)

Tuesday 22nd
Zenith 506A TS Synthetic
Blue's Goats Milk Tallow Soap
w/Olbas Oil
Rocnel MD SE-P-2016-TR
AKA - Rocnel ½DE
½ Astra SP #2
Alum > Rinse > Alcolado Glacial Splash
RSC Post Shave Balm
IMG_20161120_163022.jpg

The Blue's soap is virtually unscented so ideal for scent spiking. Olbas Oil is quite high in Eucalyptus and Mint essential oils. About 4 drops in the lather bowl worked fine. It has a cooling effect and sure clears the sinuses.
My Rocnel technique improves with each shave. Rapidly becoming a favourite in my razor rotation.

Shave well!!!
Great shout with the Olbas oil, I'm on it next shave.

No offense taken BM...as I said, nothing was staged as I like to smoke the old churchwarden whilst shaving and I use the magnifying glass to make a close inspection of razor burn areas. I also wear a deerstalker hat whilst shaving as it keeps my ears warm! :D:D:D (OK, so I did stage it then...but you spelled 'meant' wrong in your last post...you really need to look into that spelling thing;))
I can see a new spelling app being downloaded as we speak.

Wednesday Night..

02577e80864be94b1337da2068a4643c.jpeg

Trac II ~ Vie Long White Fan ~ B&M Lavanille ~ Stirling Green

Am going to have to do some air travel soon, so have been experimenting a little with some vintage style carts and handles. I like this Aramis one quite a bit actually. Personna makes Trac II carts that sell for like 17 dollars for a hundred. Not the best shave I ever had by any means, but can get a nice DFS out of them.

For people who celebrate Thanksgiving, have a great one.

Jared

View attachment 22165 SOTD Wednesday 23rd November 2016

Razor...Gibbs number 17 (1954) adjustable set on N/3
Blade...Lodz Polsilver #1
Soap...P&B Baskerville
Brush ..Omega pure bristle
Post...Thayers Lavender AF
EDT...Tabac

My first use with the Gibbs , wow, what a razor. Paired with the Polsilver blade and on the setting of N. 3 it was very efficient and smooth, leaving me with a BBS finnish with zero irritation, very impressed with this old razor.
I will get back on to the Merkur pass-around razor tomorrow and have a shave off with my ATT S2 :)

Wishing you all well. Au Revoir.
My go to soaps atm are the P&B range. What is Baskerville like BM as in scent wise? l know how they perform.

Back
Top Bottom