SOTD: Saturday 16th Sep 2017 - Friday 22nd Sep 2017

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
OSP Barbershop.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic (face lathered).
PAL Injectomatic.
Chinese Schick (1).
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Post Shave Balm.
YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (vintage).

I acquired the PAL from my Enabler-in-Chief @wayne mattison about a month ago. But because of my ridiculously complicated razor rotation system, and various pass-arounds that came my way, this was the first time I got to use it. I have seen some members refer to the PAL as a 'Schick Buster'. I don't have enough experience with injectors to go that far but goodness, this was a great shave. Three very comfortable passes for BB smooth. The Injectomatic is actually quite aggressive. I presume it's ok to use the Japanese Twin Blades in it? Have a great Sunday chaps.
I think twin blades are not recommended in the PAL Injectomatic, I am sure that I read that somewhere on here.

SOTD: 170917
SOTD 170917 (2).jpg

Blade: Feather soft guide #2
Razor: Cobra Classic (On Loan @Digimonkey )
Soap: NSS Lemon, Basel & Mandarin
Brush: Omega 30mm Synth
Bowl: Steve Woodhead
Splash: DR Harris Traditional
Cologne: DR Harris Traditional

Second shave with the Cobra and this time I required quite a few touch ups or in principle a fourth pass to achieve a BB Shave. My first pass left a considerable amount of whisker which reminded me that I need considerable time to master this beauty. My angles were perhaps not quite there on the first pass. Audibillity is up there with the 1912 IMO.
I am going to have another couple of shaves with the Soft Guard blades before I go onto the Feather professionals and then further down the line the Schick proline that I do believe @Blademonkey is using and enjoying in his time with the Cobra.
Pleased to say though no blood was lost and absolute no irritation.

The brush and soap combo worked wonderfully with the use of the bowl. This brush is proving to be a definite face painter as apposed to the swirling technique and is unbelievably soft.

P&B Balm reminds me of the consistency of lip balm, quite greasy but eventually absorbs into the skin.
DR Harris as always is so refreshing.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

SOTD: 170917
View attachment 29155

Blade: Feather soft guide #2
Razor: Cobra Classic (On Loan @Digimonkey )
Soap: NSS Lemon, Basel & Mandarin
Brush: Omega 30mm Synth
Bowl: Steve Woodhead
Splash: DR Harris Traditional
Cologne: DR Harris Traditional

Second shave with the Cobra and this time I required quite a few touch ups or in principle a fourth pass to achieve a BB Shave. My first pass left a considerable amount of whisker which reminded me that I need considerable time to master this beauty. My angles were perhaps not quite there on the first pass.
I am going to have another couple of shaves with the Soft Guard blades before I go onto the Feather professionals and then further down the line the Schick proline that I do believe @Blademonkey is using and enjoying in his time with the Cobra.
Pleased to say though no blood was lost and absolute no irritation.

The brush and soap combo worked wonderfully with the use of the bowl. This brush is proving to be a definite face painter as apposed to the swirling technique and is unbelievably soft.

P&B Balm reminds me of the consistency of lip balm, quite greasy but eventually absorbs into the skin.
DR Harris as always is so refreshing.

Enjoy your shaves. :)
I have moved on to the Feather Pro Super but I feel for me the Schick Proline is probably the better blade in this particular razor.....YMMV! :)

May I tell Blood Bank to stand Down ? ;)
No please don't! Not just yet anyway as I haven't used the feather Pros :D
Earlier on while shaving I started to get a nervous twitch when going around my "Adams Apple." Not a good sign, I know its only a matter of time before she bites me. ;)

EDIT: I just noticed this is my 666th post. I am doooooomed I tell you. :eek:

Last edited:
Prep: Saponificio Varesino Monoi de Tahiti
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Olive Wood
Brush: Saponificio Varesino 2.0
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th.
Razor: Barbaros & Rocnel Adjustable
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
AS: Saponificio Varesino 70th.
SOTD_20170917.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

8hWiYgQ.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
TIMOR Blue Steel Solingen 6/8th ( Freshly Honed )
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Smooth & Comfortable Shave Today with this Recently Acquired NOS Factory Fresh TIMOR Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th..A Superb Shaver this Razor..Honed on a Naniwa Super Stone Progression..Pre Finished on 16 K Film & Finished on My Trusty 16 K Escher Thuri..Canny Be Bad..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom