Prep: Warm water rinse and Nuage Men shave oil
Brush: Yaqi Synthetic 24mm
Shaving Soap Sample: Geo F Trumper-Eucris
Bowl: Captains Choice
Razor: Ikon El Jefe/Ikon SE handle
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, Tom Ford - Black Orchid EDT
b36c807a0b7737b869294022e1de8b55.jpg

Fantastic scent and a rich lather from the Eucris sample. The Yaqi brush is no different from my RazoRock Plissoft, soft tips and good backbone, a great steal at £6.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La Toja stick
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Rockwell 6c plate 2
Astra SP 1
Lavender witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 EDP

This La Toja shave stick is tremendous value for money.
It's got everything you need in a soap. The residual slickness is outstanding.
The Rockwell was riding on plate 2 today. I found it nowhere near as efficient as on plate 3. I had to buff the whiskers on my cheeks, and the area under the jawline needed more attention.
With a little extra effort a DFS was achieved, but I'll be swapping back to plate 3 for this razors next outing.
I was quite liberal with the Proraso ASL today, but fear not I told myself, I've got a 400ml bottle ready to decant from !
This lotion is my favourite by far. The chill on my shaved skin is a sensation I quite enjoy, and I can feel it hydrating my skin for hours after my shaves
Oud 24 to finish and I'm ready for the delights of the shopping centre in Derby !

Razor - RR Hawk V2
Blade - Schlick Proline
Brush - MASETO 24mm 2Band
Soap- Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Post - Lucky Tiger,Aloe Vera Gel
A/S Fine platinum

Fantabulous shave with the Hawk/Schlick combo. A new brush to try out so a face lather was the order of the day,the brush didn't disappoint churning up a nice lather from the top notch 1912 soap. No scritch was felt when lathering and the backbone was enough for my liking ,the lather also flowed freely from the knot.
IMG_4197.JPG

@Blackmass , so far so good fella !!!

Finished the shave with the damn fine" Fine Platinum.

Have a nice Sunday gentlemen

SOTD_20170917-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino - Leonardo da Vinci - Custom Koraat 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary Edition - Beta 4.1
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary Edition - Balm

SOTD_20170917-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino - Leonardo da Vinci - Custom Koraat 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary Edition - Beta 4.1
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary Edition - Balm
Congratulations Chris on a stunning Photo and setup. :)

Razor - RR Hawk V2
Blade - Schlick Proline
Brush - MASETO 24mm 2Band
Soap- Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Post - Lucky Tiger,Aloe Vera Gel
A/S Fine platinum

Fantabulous shave with the Hawk/Schlick combo. A new brush to try out so a face lather was the order of the day,the brush didn't disappoint churning up a nice lather from the top notch 1912 soap. No scritch was felt when lathering and the backbone was enough for my liking ,the lather also flowed freely from the knot.
View attachment 29139

@Blackmass , so far so good fella !!!

Finished the shave with the damn fine" Fine Platinum.

Have a nice Sunday gentlemen

Hi Pat,
Thanks for the tag, much appreciated.
Great to hear you rated the brush. You already know how much I rate the Maseto brushes. I'm luck enough to own some very expensive brushes but the Maseto is right up there with my favourite brushes. It just works!

How do you rate the RR Hawk V2? Did you try the first version?

Cheers
Rob

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
OSP Barbershop.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic (face lathered).
PAL Injectomatic.
Chinese Schick (1).
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Post Shave Balm.
YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (vintage).

I acquired the PAL from my Enabler-in-Chief @wayne mattison about a month ago. But because of my ridiculously complicated razor rotation system, and various pass-arounds that came my way, this was the first time I got to use it. I have seen some members refer to the PAL as a 'Schick Buster'. I don't have enough experience with injectors to go that far but goodness, this was a great shave. Three very comfortable passes for BB smooth. The Injectomatic is actually quite aggressive. I presume it's ok to use the Japanese Twin Blades in it? Have a great Sunday chaps.

Last edited:
Hi Pat,
Thanks for the tag, much appreciated.
Great to hear you rated the brush. You already know how much I rate the Maseto brushes. I'm luck enough to own some very expensive brushes but the Maseto is right up there with my favourite brushes. It just works!

How do you rate the RR Hawk V2? Did you try the first version?

Cheers
Rob

Hello Rob

I haven't tried the V1 I do like this V2 though and along with the aluminium General they do a good job chasing off the whiskers.

I enjoy lathering up with both the 30mm and 24mm Maseto's and I'll let you know a little secret,they have stopped me gazing over the Shavemac site.:eek: :D

Cheers ;)

Greetings

Sunday 17th September 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: DR Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Chanel Cristalle

My first injector shave since last March, easy, quick, close and soulless An early start this morning and off to the car boot sale......yet another blank, not even a rusty Tech or Rolls Razor with a broken stone!

Regards
Dick.

P1020803.JPG

Back
Top Bottom