• Feather AC SS & ProGuard #1
  • Maseto Silvertip 30mm
  • Custom lather bowl
  • Wickhams 1912 Parma Violet
  • Barbon asl

Have a great Sunday

pOvJFjO.jpg

20170917_124358-jpg.17785

Razor: GEM G-Bar (on loan @Blademonkey )
Razor blade: Personna (2)
Brush: Thäter 4125/ 2 (2 Band)
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: Truefitt and Hill Grafton

We lost two greats this week (well IMHO).
The first was Grant Hart, drummer and songwriter with Hüsker Dü. They have a special place in heart as I made life long friends due to our mutual love of them. Never saw them live but managed to Grant once in a small club in Birmingham and Bob Mould a number of times. Here's one of his finest songs...

Another one we lost this week was Harry Dean Stanton. Paris Texas (in which he starred) was the first film I watched which opened my eyes to what cinema could be.
Here's a scene from that film...

Sunday 17th SEptember

Birch Tar Soap
Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave soap
Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick
Vie-Long/Faux Horse Brush
Schick E2 injector with a Proline-B
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Benjamin's Bay Rum with Pimento

Was helping my partner with her horse at a local club competition....so it was a late shave today. This was my first use of a Proline in my E2....and it was a very smooth and efficient shave indeed. 3 passes for a really enjoyable BBS Shave

Wayne - It's my pleasure to let you try the Cobra. I'm delighted it worked for you. I think your comment of it being a hybrid between a straight and a SE is spot on. Great picture - how fortuitous you had a carved wooden cobra about the house as a prop! The Super Pros are my blade of choice for the razor but patience young Jedi - patience. ha ha - yours - I.

@culcreuch
Thank you Iain.

Yes it took me at least half an hour to catch the Cobra who had been hiding from me in my garage for a couple of years.
I found her eventually though. :D

Looking forward to trying her again later today.
20170917_124358-jpg.17785

Razor: GEM G-Bar (on loan @Blademonkey )
Razor blade: Personna (2)
Brush: Thäter 4125/ 2 (2 Band)
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: Truefitt and Hill Grafton

We lost two greats this week (well IMHO).
The first was Grant Hart, drummer and songwriter with Hüsker Dü. They have a special place in heart as I made life long friends due to our mutual love of them. Never saw them live but managed to Grant once in a small club in Birmingham and Bob Mould a number of times. Here's one of his finest songs...

Another one we lost this week was Harry Dean Stanton. Paris Texas (in which he starred) was the first film I watched which opened my eyes to what cinema could be.
Here's a scene from that film...

That brush is simply gorgeous. It must be your favourite...;):D

NzkqtqZ3_o.jpeg

Vie Long 04503
Schick Krona
Supermax Super Platinum (2)
Phoenix and Beau Pall Mall
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Crabtree and Evelyn Sevillian Neroli

Usual four passes on the boat race and only one on the enck today, due a rest day. Issue free shave with the Krona, nice and mild - how I like it. I'm liking these new P&B soaps, Pall Mall is very nice, neroli dominant to me so a perfect combination with the C&E Sevillian Neroli, sharing similar notes. Bowl lather with the Vie Long, superb to use as always. Never had issues swirling, no tangling and soft as can be. Another run out tomorrow with Mr Schick!

Sunday 17th SEptember 2017

sotd 17 sept.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Ever Ready 1924
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (#4) + Shim
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest
Soap: The Gentlemans Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet

After a fantastic shave using a shim in 1912 razor, I thought I should try a shim in my Ever Ready 1924. An incredibly smooth result. I think I may try a longer handle on this razor, it works OK but it is maybe just a bit too short. This has to be one of the noisiest razors I have.

Back
Top Bottom