SOTD: Saturday 16th Sep 2017 - Friday 22nd Sep 2017

Saturday PM

Pre-shave: Bulldog face wash, hot towel, T&H Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil
Razor: EJ DE89L
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond (2nd shave IIRC)
Brush: New Forest silvertip
Cream: George F Trumpers Coconut oil, bowl lathered (Blueberd's Revenge lather bowl)
Aftershave: George F Trumpers Spanish Leather AS splash
Cologne: George F Trumpers Spanish Leather

3 passes plus minor touch-ups.
Results - DFS/near-BBS.

I actually performed the first pass with my Gillette Rocket HD, but I found that the vintage Polsilver blade was dull and was therefore providing a very uncomfortable shave, so switched to my EJ DE89L for the subsequent passes.

Last edited:
SOTD: 16/09/17
SOTD 160917.jpg
Blade: Feather soft #1
Razor: Cobra (On Loan)
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands
Brush: Razorock Synth Aluminium
EDT: Issey Myake

Well what an experience that was. Ever since I started Wet shaving I have been longing to try the Cobra Classic and as soon as the chance came I jumped at it.
I could not believe it when our very own @Digimonkey offered his razor for me to try. Iain, you are an absolute gentleman and a credit to this forum. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity.

I don't think I have ever concentrated so much on a single shave as I am fully aware that as the name suggests this can bite. :)
I think it is a cross between a straight and a SE, a hybrid that is very aggressive IMO. The angle to me is so different from anything else I have used. I can't wait to try the feather Pro blades but I think I will leave that until I really get to know the razor.
The result from a 3 pass shave is truly magnificent. The weight, balance & design is possibly the best I have ever seen and perhaps more importantly I had a BBS shave without any irritation and feel smoother than a pool ball. I have fallen in love already..........::D (again!)

One of my favourite soaps Is NSS, the slickness, cushion and scent is sublime. The brush is super soft and works wonders with face lathering.

Finishing with the superb balm and one of my all time favourites Issey Myake I am ready for the evening ahead with a smile from cheek to cheek. :)

Enjoy your shaves and the rest of your weekend gentlemen.
Wayne.

HHp01Fgh.png

I feel like I've reached some kind of face feel nirvana with this soap.
Ross I always love your photos - which filter do you tend to opt for in the Prisma app? :)

Sat 16th Sept
Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitane Cade cream
ATT Se1
Schick Proline P [ 7]
Alum rub/Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Shave/ Shower and off early to officiate, but benefitted from an unexpected great Shave. Thought that as the blade was on its 7th outing the performance would have tailed off, but it was really smooth and probably the closest shave this week.

IMG_1595.jpg

SOTD: 16/09/17
View attachment 29124
Blade: Feather soft #1
Razor: Cobra (On Loan)
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands
Brush: Razorock Synth Aluminium
EDT: Issey Myake

Well what an experience that was. Ever since I started Wet shaving I have been longing to try the Cobra Classic and as soon as the chance came I jumped at it.
I could not believe it when our very own @Digimonkey offered his razor for me to try. Iain, you are an absolute gentleman and a credit to this forum. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity.

I don't think I have ever concentrated so much on a single shave as I am fully aware that as the name suggests this can bite. :)
I think it is a cross between a straight and a SE, a hybrid that is very aggressive IMO. The angle to me is so different from anything else I have used. I can't wait to try the feather Pro blades but I think I will leave that until I really get to know the razor.
The result from a 3 pass shave is truly magnificent. The weight, balance & design is possibly the best I have ever seen and perhaps more importantly I had a BBS shave without any irritation and feel smoother than a pool ball. I have fallen in love already..........::D (again!)

One of my favourite soaps Is NSS, the slickness, cushion and scent is sublime. The brush is super soft and works wonders with face lathering.

Finishing with the superb balm and one of my all time favourites Issey Myake I am ready for the evening ahead with a smile from cheek to cheek. :)

Enjoy your shaves and the rest of your weekend gentlemen.
Wayne.

Wayne - It's my pleasure to let you try the Cobra. I'm delighted it worked for you. I think your comment of it being a hybrid between a straight and a SE is spot on. Great picture - how fortuitous you had a carved wooden cobra about the house as a prop! The Super Pros are my blade of choice for the razor but patience young Jedi - patience. ha ha - yours - I.

@culcreuch

image.jpg ~SOTD~ September 17th Sunday

Prep....Shower ~ Olive Oil Soap
Razor....Cobra Classic on loan from @culcreuch
Blade....Feather Pro Super
Soap....SV ~ Cosmo
Scuttle....Giles Shaving Co
Brush....Omega Italian Barber Boar
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Chanel Allure

The only difference with today's shave was it didn't feel as smooth, I was still very well shaven but even after only one shave I think i prefer the proline blades in this particular razor. In my brass General I prefer the Feather Pro Super's over the proline blade, strange but true.
I will use this blade again tomorrow to see if I still feel the same and then perhaps try the Feather Pro blade but I have a feeling the right blade for me in this razor is the Schick Proline. So I will have to stock up on P-30s if I am to buy one of these razors.
I was still happy with the results, BB smooth skin with only a couple of weapers under my chin but nothing to write home about! :)
The SV Cosmo performed extremely well and the lather was kept warm throughout the shave in my wonderful Giles Scuttle.
The BBA PSB was welcomed today and my skin felt better after an application of it followed by a body spray of Channel Allure.

Wishing you all a great Sunday but let's be careful out there......:)

SOTD: 17th September 2017.
B.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush:Semogue 1438 .

Face Lathering.

Soap : Van Der Hagen .

Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (2)

Razor: Gillette Slimtwist .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Brut ~ Attraction Totale A/S .

Aloe Vera Gel .

Greetings,

A wonderful relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday shave with no errors to report.

Today my Gillette Slimtwist performed with non aggressive smooth efficiency..It's amazing every time i shave with this much loved 40+ years razor how well it shaves.

Topping the shave of with a generous splash of Brut: Attraction Totale A/S.

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen. ;)

Sun 17th Sept
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Tabac
Mongoose B3
Feather Pro [ 4]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

Off out again today, just hope the Rain holds off as it did yesterday as the competition does not finish till late afternoon.Very nice to go there very clean shaven, as the Shave today was so good and
seemingly effortless , my face tingling in the nicest possible way. This Tabac really makes the Shave
go well.

IMG_1596.jpg

Last edited:
Date: 17 September 2017 is nearly 7:45am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synth. 26/63mm knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Back
Top Bottom