Good evening world

Soap - Ex S Bay Rum
Brush - T&H Super Badger
Razor - Yaqi Adjustable Dial 6
Blade - Sputnik #3
Post - Proraso
Splash - LPL Bay Rum

6212E1BE-0260-4DAB-839C-E997B67E8A15.jpeg

Well my first go with the Yaqi Adjustable. It’s a bit of a bugger to set the dial correctly , I think and I empathise think that setting 6 is the mildest setting.
I’m left with a face feeler so I’m quite impressed with it, great post shave with the balm and splash. I’ll dial “down” to a more aggressive setting in a few days and let you know how it went.

Stay safe gents.

Good evening world

Soap - Ex S Bay Rum
Brush - T&H Super Badger
Razor - Yaqi Adjustable Dial 6
Blade - Sputnik #3
Post - Proraso
Splash - LPL Bay Rum

View attachment 66524

Well my first go with the Yaqi Adjustable. It’s a bit of a bugger to set the dial correctly , I think and I empathise think that setting 6 is the mildest setting.
I’m left with a face feeler so I’m quite impressed with it, great post shave with the balm and splash. I’ll dial “down” to a more aggressive setting in a few days and let you know how it went.

Stay safe gents.
That'll be the Chinglish numbering system

17/03/2021

Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip
Soap: Arko
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: None
ASB: Nivea

IMG_20210317_205252.jpg

First use of the Blackland Tradere that's been kindly loaned to me by @Tony'schin and first impressions are good. It looks stunning and feels nice in the hand. It fits together perfectly.

Tonight's shave was late and basic - soap was chosen by the fact I had left it on the side of the sink. A good test for the Tradere. It was smooth and surprisingly easy to handle despite the weight and size. It's not clicked with me like some razors do on first use but there's a few more shaves to come yet.

Last edited:
Sotd-17-03-21.jpg

St Patrick's Day -

Father Larry Duff - facial scrub
Bishop Eddy O'Neill - Gillette Slim (4)
Father Austin Purcell - Nacet (1)
Father Finton Stack - Semogue Torga boar
Sister Mary Gondola - Vitos eucalyptus - tallow
Father Windy Shepherd Henderson - witch hazel
Father Jose Fernandez - Lea splash
Father Benny Cake - Proraso green
Father Brian Eno - Homme de Caron edt.

Grand Ted! Before we throw another leprechaun on the barbie - in celebration - I don't want to piss in your Guinness - but it is worth remembering that Patrick wasn't Irish. Things are a bit hazy in the C.5th but best evidence indicates he was either southern Scottish or northern English, he certainly wasn't born in Ireland. Kidnapped by Irish pirates as a youth - what a fantastic idea - 'top o' the mornin' - me hearties. Ahhhrghh - so it is.' Dodgy antecedence is nothing new in British patron saints - Saint Andrew - Palestinian, St George - Turkish/Syrian/Palestinian - the only exception is Saint David - definitely - as far as the sources allow - Welsh by birth. So - all good - careful now - down with that sort of thing! Feck. - yours - I.

View attachment 66526

St Patrick's Day -

Grand Ted! Before we throw another leprechaun on the barbie - in celebration - I don't want to piss in your Guinness - but it is worth remembering that Patrick wasn't Irish. Things are a bit hazy in the C.5th but best evidence indicates he was either southern Scottish or northern English, he certainly wasn't born in Ireland. Kidnapped by Irish pirates as a youth - what a fantastic idea - 'top o' the mornin' - me hearties. Ahhhrghh - so it is.' Dodgy antecedence is nothing new in British patron saints - Saint Andrew - Palestinian, St George - Turkish/Syrian/Palestinian - the only exception is Saint David - definitely - as far as the sources allow - Welsh by birth. So - all good - careful now - down with that sort of thing! Feck. - yours - I.
Father Fernandez is a Lea splash, you're dead right.....my friend!

View attachment 66526

St Patrick's Day -

And we get someone who fought a dragon.

Recipe for today:
Pre: hot shower, L’Oréal face and beard scrub, hair conditioner applied to stubble
Brush: yaqi 24mm purple haze
Soap: tobs peppermint ( I promise I’ll use different soap next time! )
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Blade1: merkur #1
Blade2: tiger #1
Post : pinaud clubman vanilla, nivea sensitive after shave balm

Hmmm... I can understand why majority of people don’t like the merkur blade - one day stubble , wtg pass and it already was struggling in more dense areas such as chin. Didn’t risk cutting myself up with it , binned it and switched to tiger blade to finish the pass and continue onto XTG and ATG.
first shave with tiger blade and it was okay - with my limited experience I’d put it near Astra SP level, just a bit less smooth potentially. Will see maybe my opinion of it will change in next couple shaves .
Finished off with pinaud clubman vanilla, - love this aftershave ! I Better get standard pinaud clubman too before March ends...

DFS++ achieved without any weepers !

Thu 18th SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + B&M TFMoM Balm
I am getting used to the scent now. Liking it better...smelling sweet and aromatic tobacco/cigar leaves. Lather quality is very good...creamy and slick.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Nicely smooth and comfortable with 3passes for mostly bbs to dfs results with 2 micro weepers. The AS balm clinched the deal...really lasting scent and good moisturizing feel for many hours.
20210318_070648.jpg

SOTD : 18th March 2021.

64.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Derby Lavender Shaving Cream.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless.(D4)
Razor: Parker 92r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. 3 Menthol crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea men ~ Sensitive PSB./ Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The razor & blade duo paired together superbly, mowing through my stubble effortlessly....Out of all my TTO parker DE razors the 92r is the most aggressive...The consistent assertiveness of the Silver Star SS blade throughout the week has been superb.

The derby lavender cream which i haven't used for a while provided me a wonderful slick protective lather which made my early morning shave a pleasurable shaving experience.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups very close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week....Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

162132866_539146440419556_6324602715594822571_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: Oatcake Shaving Soap Overgrowth (from Newbie Box)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker R22 Interceptor
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post: Alum, Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL, Bulldog Moisturiser

This was the shave that was needed after yesterday's drama. While I'm not a fan of some of the Oatcake scents and performance, the slickness of this one seemed far superior to previous ones I've tried. Overgrowth paired well with the Forest Fresh ASL, and the Voskhod continues to delight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom