SOTD : Saturday 13th March to Friday 19th March 2021

Sotd : 18 March
IMG_20210318_083409_892.jpg
▫️Casswell Massey#️⃣6️⃣
▫️Razzorr Silvertip 22mm
▫️Rex Ambassador (3.5, 5)
▫️Gillette Platinum (1)

A refreshing and energizing fragrance from the Number Six shave soap which is easy and quick to lather.
The lather is rich and slick, the dry down scent is excellent, with the amber, musk and florals peeking out. The post shave is very good with great moisturising properties.
First outing with the Ambassador, it felt like I had used it before, following on from recent experience with the Home Like Shaving Taiga and previously owning a Rex Envoy. The Ambassador is an efficient shaver, the blade feel is pronounced, 2.5 passes sorted out the stubble, no trouble.

16016116-C48D-4604-9662-740E11CC9C39.jpeg
After a nice hot bath and with about 5 days growth I thought I’d use the shavette again. About the 4th outing and with a new Feather pro-guard.
Swapped to Signature Hibernia having been using Coria for some time, forgotten how lovely the citrus smell is, lathered up nicely.
Felt more comfortable with the shavette and barely needed a second pass. Only a few small weepers standing in the way of a rather smug feeling!!
Face felling tingly and very smooth
Cheers all, Paul

Todays Shave Kit Thursday 18th March 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Stirling Shave Co. Black Cherry
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)
Post Shave ASL: Stirling Shave Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Shave Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Cologne: John Vervatos - Artisan Pure

Ok another first for me using something other than a Merkur, this new Lupo thanks to @Wintermute was a great shave, and I've now found somewhere were I can use the Feather Blades, a DFS/BBS :)

Have a good one all.

Joe.

0CFC04F3-9034-4104-ACC7-D20E373CF09C.jpeg

View attachment 66540
After a nice hot bath and with about 5 days growth I thought I’d use the shavette again. About the 4th outing and with a new Feather pro-guard.
Swapped to Signature Hibernia having been using Coria for some time, forgotten how lovely the citrus smell is, lathered up nicely.
Felt more comfortable with the shavette and barely needed a second pass. Only a few small weepers standing in the way of a rather smug feeling!!
Face felling tingly and very smooth
Cheers all, Paul
Thank you

18 March

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Hibernia asl

6A90590C-4005-44C0-89BE-EA12F2D95FFF.jpeg

I used the same blade from yesterday’s shave this morning, only to find it a bit rough today as well, so I retired it after the first pass and had a smooth and wonderfully close shave for the second pass. The Simpson created a thick rich and long lasting lather with the Hibernia soap as I discovered when I changed the blade mid-shave. On reflection I think the old Feather Pro had at least ten shaves under its belt, before it started to lose it’s edge yesterday. Pretty good performance, I think.

THURSDAY ‌03/18/21 SOTD

esVMEog.jpg

Blackland Dart / Rapira Platinum Lux
Yaqi Rainbow Handle 26mm Brown Synth

Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Shaving Soap & AS

Happy Paddy's day lads!
Great shave. The SIgnature Soaps lather was incredible and the slim just feels so feckin' comfortable!

Brush - EJ Synthetic
Soap - Signature Soaps Mamucium
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade -Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post- Pitralon Classic , Lea Balm

View attachment 66500
Thanks, glad to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom