SOTD : Saturday 13th March to Friday 19th March 2021

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
C. Myers & Sons Sheffield Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Mornings Shave with My C. Myers & Sons Sheffield Full Hollow 6/8th..It has a Killer Escher Thuringian Edge..Every Time I Use One of My Sheffield Razors I Wonder Why I Dont Use Em More Frequently..Awesome Shavers..Engloid Made or Not..
:happy097:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..(y)

Billy

Wed 17th SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 8th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
Nice lather from the soap. The scent is lovely & aromatic but just abit below mild and remains consistent throughout the shave. The lather was really slick too...
Shave with fav razor paired with the well-used blade was just too silky smooth and comfortable for 3passes and finally gets a weeper for being greedy...over shaved the adam apple area. In general, mostly bbs but this time can feel are some leftovers. Perhaps it's time-up for the blade?? Will continue for another few shaves to see. The Cavendish AS is absolutely a chart-topper for me...so good, lasting too...my precious nectar!
20210317_130631.jpg

I thought you were in the UK, but if you PM your postal details I'll post them out to you
Appreciate it and many thanks!
There's that spirit that makes this such a great place!
This is a great and wonderful place indeed...privileged to be here among many kind, generous and humorous gentlemen
If I could get a flight I would hand deliver them :)
Malaysia is waiting with open arms... :D:D the sea is warm and clear, marine life on the reef is teeming after being left alone for many months, the rain forest is fresh & lush and the cities hawker food is as varied, delicious, and cheap as ever...most welcome!! The only thing is you may have to bring a suitcase full of shave gears for me...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks and warmest regards to all...

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Nectar Amissa
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Feather #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Todays Shave Kit Wednesday 17th March 2021

Shave Score 8.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Cream: Proraso Azur Lime
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Gillette Super Thin Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: Floid - Genuine
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Hope (Peppermint Essential Oil)
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Having a great shave until a lack of concentration meant I nicked my nose, so shave score is down not for equipment, but for me:)

Happy St. Patricks Day all :)

Joe.

tempImagef2z7WR.png

Last edited:
20210317_065849.jpg
SOTN 16th March
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap - Catie's Bubbles Midnight Dreary
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable settings 5,6 then 7.
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue#4
Post - Boots Freshwood Twins

Smooth but very close 3 passes. I could definitely feel the blade on the final ATG pass, but the ascending settings seem to work for me on the Slim Adjustable.
Luxurious post shave from the Boots Freshwood
Take care people, enjoy your shaves.
And a Happy St Patricks Day

161595025_487585202275870_9181998593987015536_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: Wickham 1912 Apricus (from Newbie Box)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor 1: Ming Shi 2000S Futur Clone (3,4, Bin:mad:)
Razor 2: Parker R22 Interceptor
Blade: Voskhod (1)

Should've paid more attention to @donnie_arko and his comments about dodgy blade gaps on these razors :cry: First pass was OK, second it was obvious that there was something not right, but I carried on until the inevitable big nick:rolleyes: Then, to compound my crappy shave, I caught my finger on the blade as I popped the cap off :sick: The gap was totally skew whiff, so I grabbed a plaster and finished the shave with the Parker (didn't want my half-shaved face to be as wonky as the razor!) I've now disassembled the Ming-Shi and aligned it to my satisfaction, and I will give it a run out at some point in the future. But for now it's back to working through the mound of stuff in the Newbie Box with a trusted driver. By the way, top tip for you - the pain caused by stupidly trying to close a proper open cut with a styptic pencil is (I imagine) akin to childbirth:eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom