Razor--att r2 kronos
Blade--astra sp (2)
Brush--semogue 620
Soap--essence of Scotland , highland bothy
Post--cold water , lucky tiger
A/S--floid vigoroso
20161116_212709(1).jpg
managed to get this before Christmas @Scotshave

This soap actually does remind me of a bothy, I've been in quite a few when out in the Scottish mountains munro bagging. Over night stay or just for a while to get shelter.
The soap has a kinda damp burnt out smoke smell to it.
Anyway it performs well , easy to lather, glide and protection nice post shave feel also.

ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS

Thur 17th Nov.

Omega 11126 boar
Haslinger Honig soap
ES Claymore S/S Single Edge
Feather Pro Guard [ 9 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

In this my first foray into shaving with a new S/S Se razor, I have just completed 9 consecutive shaves. Am quite amazed at the quality of shave that I have had with this Razor /Blade combination. The Shaves have been so smooth and easy , despite the weight and size of the Razor , also have incurred no nicks or experienced any soreness.

Am beginning to wonder why I have ordered another S/S Se offering, which will attract
PO/Custom Fees and probably not shave as well as the Claymore.

IMG_1009.jpg

So there was me thinking I'd uploaded my shave from two days ago. Obviously not!

First use of the Rocnel SE and I didn't particularly enjoy it to be honest. The razor feels good in the hand and is obviously very weighty, but I found myself needing to be very careful with the head moreso than most razors I've used actually and I ended up in my normaltwo pass routine with a couple of weepers and a tiny nick. It was also a poor finish and in places I wasn't even DFS. I'll give it a another go, but think this may be a razor I'll be moving on unfortunately. The P&B tonic again did a very good job of tidying up after a poor job, I like this stuff.

It was also my first use of the old spice original scent. I quite like the smell of this, my god did it burn though when I spritz it on. My whole face went bright red and it took a couple of minutes to settle down. I was tempted to wash it off my face was on fire! Stuck with it though and everything settled down. May have just been the poor shave so will try it today after a Fatboy shave.

- Rocnel SE
- Astra SP (1)
- Men-U Premier brush
- Vie long
- P&B tonic
- Old Spice Original Aftershave

img_20161117_134821-01-jpeg.3851

Thur 17th Nov.

Omega 11126 boar
Haslinger Honig soap
Feather Pro Guard [ 9 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off

In this my first foray into shaving with a new S/S Se razor, I have just completed 9 consecutive shaves. Am quite amazed at the quality of shave that I have had with this Razor /Blade combination. The Shaves have been so smooth and easy , despite the weight and size of the Razor , also have incurred no nicks or experienced any soreness.

Am beginning to wonder why I have ordered another S/S Se offering, which will attract

View attachment 21998
For me the Claymore was a brilliant shaver ,but, the General shaved that little bit better which I found surprising given the weight difference between the two

Razor--att r2 kronos
Blade--astra sp (2)
Brush--semogue 620
A/S--floid vigoroso
View attachment 21997

This soap actually does remind me of a bothy, I've been in quite a few when out in the Scottish mountains munro bagging. Over night stay or just for a while to get shelter.
Anyway it performs well , easy to lather, glide and protection nice post shave feel also.

ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS
Well done @patw . Mine arrived, but I've resisted thus far. I have smelt it, though. Damp, earthy vetiver with a peaty sweetness. Looking forward to trying it out...

Thur 17th Nov.

Omega 11126 boar
Haslinger Honig soap
Feather Pro Guard [ 9 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off

View attachment 21998
If you don't mind telling, what is this overseas SS SE offering you have ordered?

Razor--att r2 kronos
Blade--astra sp (2)
Brush--semogue 620
A/S--floid vigoroso
View attachment 21997

ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS
The smell you discribe from your soap sounds wonderful. :)

SOTD: 17th November 2016.
Thursday's Shave..JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prer: warm shower:/Cein (Green Kick) Shower Gel & Shampoo. / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Wilkinsons: Mens Shaving oil & Fruits Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Muhle R41.

Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel.(1)

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Cream: Dove men+care hydrate. + 4 drops of Glycerine in the soap bowl .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture./ Brut Oceans. A/S.

Gillette Sensitive Balm.

After my contributed posting on improving on the Muhle R41 subject of Blackmass..today i decided to use my R41 in today's shave, adding another new addition to my pre-shave also some Wilkinsons shaving oil which i must say is absolutely superb, i went through my shaving den last night picked out some products i've hardly used since i started DE shaving..the shaving oil will now be in regular use with my shaves..anyway back to the shave, i've said it before on a shaving scale of 1-10 my shave today with my Muhle R41/ Rapira S.S. was possibly the best DE shave i've ever had!..maybe it was my new pre-shave prep, a 3 pass+ pick ups sublime shave with no irritation what so ever..i normally use a Derby extra blade/lighter handle with my R41.but today i pushed the boat out using the original handle, and had the most flawless pleasurable shave to date.
The R41 will be a used at least once a week from now on, in my razor rotation.
Enjoy you day,gentlemen.;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom