SOTD Saturday 10th to Friday 16th September 2016

Well I was all set to go with the Autostrop/Hacked GEM when the Injectomatic arrived in the post. What's a boy to do? Why take two they're small. One on each side. What a marvelous shave. I'll reassess after eight hours but initial impression is equally close BBS. Completely different in character, the Autostrop/GEM giving lots of tactile/audible feedback, the PAL/Chick almost none ("Is it working??"). No issue ATG on the chin with either. Two great razors. Two radically different experiences.
3c8f651fc1a0a07d4922894c83acca8d.gif
12e018d6d8ef31f12af06b9b6a5b6095.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Fair do's it's funny how we fall into certain things, but find that they work for us, even though they don't seem to make logical sense! On the subject of coal tar though, this article is a little worrying! Not sure I'd want to use it; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...o-HAS-trusted-skin-treatment-disappeared.html

EDIT: Just looked at the specific soap you mentioned and due to the EU directive stated in the article, the soap you use doesn't even have Coal Tar in it, it is just scented to smell like coal tar... o_O
The Mail...God bless 'em. I'm surprised they didn't try to pin the blame on immigrants and benefit recipients

The Mail...God bless 'em. I'm surprised they didn't try to pin the blame on immigrants and benefit recipients
I think the week after they blamed coal tar for cancer they cited it as a miracle cure for cancer, but only for immigrants:confused::rolleyes:...the Mail was all but banned in my old office due to its right wing perspective

Last edited:
How did you find the tiny Kai?

Third shave with it now and I have decided it will be my travel razor :)
Sure, it weighs nothing, handle is too short and the carbon blade (there is also a gold handled stainless steel blade option) only really lasts me two shaves - BUT it's surprisingly fun to shave with and gives me a clean, no fuss two-pass shave.
I'd say some of the best 50 cents I've spent

Third shave with it now and I have decided it will be my travel razor :)
Sure, it weighs nothing, handle is too short and the carbon blade (there is also a gold handled stainless steel blade option) only really lasts me two shaves - BUT it's surprisingly fun to shave with and gives me a clean, no fuss two-pass shave.
I'd say some of the best 50 cents I've spent

It is a nice little travel razor, wish the guard was smaller though as found it to be too mild for me.

Back
Top Bottom