SOTD Saturday 10th to Friday 16th September 2016

Pre: Shower and Argan oil
Razor: Edwin Jagger 89L
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Cream: TOBS Lavender (sample)
AS: Pinuad Clubman

It was turning out to by a great shave. Astra was smooth, lather was excellent. Then on the clean up pass I got a nasty nicked on my neck near my right ear.

I'll still rip off Fridays arm and beat it with the soggy end though!

Last edited:
Sorry - no picture today!

Todays shave:
  • The Claymore w/Feather ProGuard
  • Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
  • Pannacrema Nuavia Verde
Had some Proguards laying around, so just wanted to try one out in my Claymore. Got a DFS, but my goto blade Kai Captain Titan Mild feels way better... Going back to Kai tomorrow :)

Have a nice weekend all

5jNmKH3h.jpg

Finishing off the work week with a bang!

image.jpg SOTD Friday 16th September 2016 Good morning one and all.

Prep..shower, MWF soap
Pre..Bloom water
Razor..Feather AC SS NF
Blade..Feather progauard #?
Brush..Cadman bell
Soap..OSP Bay Rum
Post..Thayers lav AF WH
EDP..obsession Calvin Kline

A great shave with the kamisori with the wonderful scent of Bay rum filling the air coming from the OSP soap applied with merv's fantastic brush. Bish bash bosh all done and feeling great and ready for today.

Wishing you all a fantastic Friday . Over and out.

Female products Friday,

Clarity vintage rose soap,
the cat's stainless water bowl (she is female),
Black Kabuki powder large fountain brush,
vintage ladies nymph razor,
wilkinson sword blade(3),
Alum,
Aqua vitae by Maison Francis EDT
Findus frozen peas,

strange looks by my colleagues absolutely free,

Not much to say, Bribed the cat with some Ham,
soap wasn't the best, but I expected that,
I had to hide the brush, until it dries, razor wasn't very aggressive,
Frozen peas on standby in case she finds out, though she will probably laugh, right up until she finds out I used her brush,
nothing wrong with getting in touch with your feminine side, but I think I will stick to men's in future
there is a zumba class going on across the road, and I am tempted to join in, as soon as I find my high heels and hot pants,

Ian, metrosexual adventurer.

Female products Friday,

Clarity vintage rose soap,
the cat's stainless water bowl (she is female),
Black Kabuki powder large fountain brush,
vintage ladies nymph razor,
wilkinson sword blade(3),
Alum,
Aqua vitae by Maison Francis EDT
Findus frozen peas,

strange looks by my colleagues absolutely free,

Not much to say, Bribed the cat with some Ham,
soap wasn't the best, but I expected that,
I had to hide the brush, until it dries, razor wasn't very aggressive,
Frozen peas on standby in case she finds out, though she will probably laugh, right up until she finds out I used her brush,
nothing wrong with getting in touch with your feminine side, but I think I will stick to men's in future
there is a zumba class going on across the road, and I am tempted to join in, as soon as I find my high heels and hot pants,

Ian, metrosexual adventurer.
Was you shaving in the wife's nickers?

Fri 16th Sept
RazoRock Plissoft 22nn
Lea Classic Soap
ER !914
Gem {4 } + 1/2 spine shim
Alum Rub/rinse off
Lea Classic A/S

Used a 19i4 today , to follow the 1924. With shimmed blades both shaved smoothly, and delivered great shaves. I can use the 1914 quite well, as though the handle is short its weight allows one to
just use that weight and apply no pressure. However in the battle between both Razors, I am favouring the 1924 with a modern handle.

IMG_0850.jpg

Salutations, Shavoids

Warm-ish Friday morning in Edin...

Bulldog face wash
Semogue 1470
The Fat
Face lather
Gem 1912 SE (so-called 'Damaskeene')
Gem Personna SE #2
Alum block, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel
Fine Platinum a/s
Dior Eau Sauvage (eau de) Parfum

Second outing for the Gem. It really is a good shaver for me. Very smooth; no irritation and it harmonised with the Fat nicely. Lovely post-shave feel; enhanced by the Fine, which seems to be greater than the sum of all its parts.

Best to everyone.

S.
20160916_095002.jpg

Last edited:
Salutations, Shavoids

Warm-ish Friday morning in Edin...

Bulldog face wash
Semogue 1470
The Fat
Face lather
Gem 1912 SE (so-called 'Damaskeen')
Gem Personna SE #2
Alum block, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel
Fine Platinum a/s
Dior Eau Sauvage (eau de) Parfum

Second outing for the Gem. It really is a good shaver for me. Very smooth; no irritation and it harmonised with the Fat nicely. Lovely post-shave feel; enhanced by the Fine, which seems to be greater than the sum of all its parts.

Best to everyone.

S.
View attachment 20759
Eau Sauvage EdP is one of my favourites - very well made - and the smell is outstanding :cool:

So I needed a quick shave after work last night as I was heading out... I reached for the MM Clog-Pruf as I wouldn't have time for the straight and I've been getting great shaves from the Clog-Pruf. Unfortunately, I think the blade was on its last legs as it didn't deliver the kind of shave I'm used to with the Clog-Pruf. Note to self, must keep track of blade uses in my SOTD posts!

Anyway the finish was acceptable, fortunately no nicks and some minor irritation on my neck.

It was also my first time trying a cold shave, with a warm prep. The blade took away from this and it's difficult to know what the result would have been otherwise... So I'll be doing it again the next time I have an all SE/DE shave.

The Denali was bracing as always and I looked presentable for my evening out to the in-laws.

Have a good Friday in the pissing rain.

- GEM MM Clog-Pruf
- Omega Professional 49
- P&B Denali
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

bf66fd8bc2c14d353e6018b1608e4e26.jpg

Eau Sauvage EdP is one of my favourites - very well made - and the smell is outstanding :cool:
Mine too. Dior gets a bit of a hard time in some fragrance forums for their so-called 'flankers'. But this one is really good; 3 components, I think: bergamot, vetiver and myrrh. I also like the EdT: nice and lemony, with a slight civety/oakmoss basenote to it.

Back
Top Bottom