SOTD Saturday 10th to Friday 16th September 2016

So I needed a quick shave after work last night as I was heading out... I reached for the MM Clog-Pruf as I wouldn't have time for the straight and I've been getting great shaves from the Clog-Pruf. Unfortunately, I think the blade was on its last legs as it didn't deliver the kind of shave I'm used to with the Clog-Pruf. Note to self, must keep track of blade uses in my SOTD posts!

Anyway the finish was acceptable, fortunately no nicks and some minor irritation on my neck.

It was also my first time trying a cold shave, with a warm prep. The blade took away from this and it's difficult to know what the result would have been otherwise... So I'll be doing it again the next time I have an all SE/DE shave.

The Denali was bracing as always and I looked presentable for my evening out to the in-laws.

Have a good Friday in the pissing rain.

- GEM MM Clog-Pruf
- Omega Professional 49
- P&B Denali
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

bf66fd8bc2c14d353e6018b1608e4e26.jpg
Weather report. Sunshine, patchy cloud, wind is slight temp16 degrees, mid Cornwall. Nice pic BTW.

So I needed a quick shave after work last night as I was heading out... I reached for the MM Clog-Pruf as I wouldn't have time for the straight and I've been getting great shaves from the Clog-Pruf. Unfortunately, I think the blade was on its last legs as it didn't deliver the kind of shave I'm used to with the Clog-Pruf. Note to self, must keep track of blade uses in my SOTD posts!

Anyway the finish was acceptable, fortunately no nicks and some minor irritation on my neck.

It was also my first time trying a cold shave, with a warm prep. The blade took away from this and it's difficult to know what the result would have been otherwise... So I'll be doing it again the next time I have an all SE/DE shave.

The Denali was bracing as always and I looked presentable for my evening out to the in-laws.

Have a good Friday in the pissing rain.

- GEM MM Clog-Pruf
- Omega Professional 49
- P&B Denali
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

bf66fd8bc2c14d353e6018b1608e4e26.jpg
I can recommend warm prep/cold shave combo ++1 ☺

Female products Friday,

Clarity vintage rose soap,
the cat's stainless water bowl (she is female),
Black Kabuki powder large fountain brush,
vintage ladies nymph razor,
wilkinson sword blade(3),
Alum,
Aqua vitae by Maison Francis EDT
Findus frozen peas,

strange looks by my colleagues absolutely free,

Not much to say, Bribed the cat with some Ham,
soap wasn't the best, but I expected that,
I had to hide the brush, until it dries, razor wasn't very aggressive,
Frozen peas on standby in case she finds out, though she will probably laugh, right up until she finds out I used her brush,
nothing wrong with getting in touch with your feminine side, but I think I will stick to men's in future
there is a zumba class going on across the road, and I am tempted to join in, as soon as I find my high heels and hot pants,

Ian, metrosexual adventurer.

I am assuming your legs are BBS now[emoji1]

Friday 16th
Zenith TS506 Synth
OSP UKWSS - Herb Garden
Ever Ready 1914 - Little Lather Catcher
GEM Stainless Coated #3
Alum > Duru Mandarin Cologne
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
Milton Lloyd - The Man Cobalt EDT​
IMG_20160915_210053.jpg

OSP soaps - Slicker than Jefferson Starship. The UKWSS soap has a subtle menthol hit which I quite like.
Love the audible feedback from the 1914, almost as loud as the 1924.

Shave well everyone.

Back
Top Bottom