Sotd Tuesday 1/8 -

Razor - Progress (3)
Blade - Lodz Polsilver (3)
Brush - Maseto 24mm Finest
Soap - RazoRock Puro
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Extro Tabacco
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - @Boru62 - smoother than a geisha's reiki stones mate. There may be something to shaving just before you go to work. There were two interesting upshots - firstly - my colleague commented as I arrived for the first job of the day that I looked fresh and very clean-shaven. Took me by surprise as I had - at that point - had three hours sleep in the previous two days. Secondly - a complete stranger I was sitting next to - waiting for a court case to call - told me I smelled nice and what was I wearing? Fair enough - you've got to take your compliments where you find them. Made me feel better as internally I felt absolutely dreadful. The Extro Tabacco has a remarkably - for me - persistent scent. It seems to bridge the gap between aftershave and edt - but still safe to put directly on my facial skin. It's almost oily when first applied and it separates in the bottle when not in use. It's the only Extro product I own - I don't know if it's the case with the other varieties. The Arancia version caught my eye. My Italian is rudimentary but I'm pretty sure that means orange. Paired with M&T Wild Oranges? There's a thought. Enjoy your shaves and good night gentlemen - cheers - I.
A really intriguing review Iain and thanks for sharing my friend :)
"Smoother than a geisha's reiki stone!" That's another keeper.;)

Sotd Tuesday 1/8 -

Razor - Progress (3)
Blade - Lodz Polsilver (3)
Brush - Maseto 24mm Finest
Soap - RazoRock Puro
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Extro Tabacco
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - @Boru62 - smoother than a geisha's reiki stones mate. There may be something to shaving just before you go to work. There were two interesting upshots - firstly - my colleague commented as I arrived for the first job of the day that I looked fresh and very clean-shaven. Took me by surprise as I had - at that point - had three hours sleep in the previous two days. Secondly - a complete stranger I was sitting next to - waiting for a court case to call - told me I smelled nice and what was I wearing? Fair enough - you've got to take your compliments where you find them. Made me feel better as internally I felt absolutely dreadful. The Extro Tabacco has a remarkably - for me - persistent scent. It seems to bridge the gap between aftershave and edt - but still safe to put directly on my facial skin. It's almost oily when first applied and it separates in the bottle when not in use. It's the only Extro product I own - I don't know if it's the case with the other varieties. The Arancia version caught my eye. My Italian is rudimentary but I'm pretty sure that means orange. Paired with M&T Wild Oranges? There's a thought. Enjoy your shaves and good night gentlemen - cheers - I.
A really intriguing review Iain and thanks for sharing my friend :)
"Smoother than a geisha's reiki stone!" That's another keeper.;)

I tried to push the carbon Blue Star through a second head shave. Not. Replaced the blade and the power and glory is mine again. GEM1912 with Rockwell handle.
afc1f12b1fcf2207e9a4fc8101fc04be.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Date: 02 August 2017 is nearly 6am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synthetic 26/63mm
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #2
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme EDT

@Digimonkey the Extro Tabacco sounds top drawer.

I like it - it's a much more complex tobacco than - say - Alt Innsbruck. I mean no disservice to the latter, it's also a favourite. From the label of the Extro - translated -

Top - Bergamot
Middle - jasmine, leather, tobacco, ylang ylang
Base - musk, sandalwood, leather, tobacco, amber, icing sugar, incense, moss, clary sage and vanilla.

It's got castor oil in the ingredients list - which would account for the feel going on at first. Also this would explain why my skin likes it so much. Hope this helps - cheers - I.

SOTD_20170802-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Black Ship Grooming Co. - 28mm Whaler Two Band (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Meißner Tremonia - Indian Flavour
  • Fragrance: Murray & Lanman - Florida Water

IMG_7060.JPG Pre work shave.

Pre: warm water splash
Razor: Mach 3 (3)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby Synthetic
Cream: Trufitt and Hill unscented
Hair: Denman Eau De Portugal

Today confirmed what I knew about the Mach 3, it cuts too well on my neck and after a few days a rash appears at the base of my neck, the Hydro is back out for tomorrow.

Added more water to my lathering than I've used previously and was rewarded with masses of whipped cream, happy.

The balm is quite a light one, not really touched the uncomfortable irritation but has made the rest of my face feel quite conditioned.

Back
Top Bottom