Razor....ER 1912 (British) fitted with SS Windrose handle
Blade....Vintage Corrux circa 1950
Soap....Haslinger Sheep milk
Brush....Cadman Bell TGN Silvertip
Bowl.....Little Wren Pottery
Post.....BBA PS Balm
Scent....Molecule 01 ISO Super

Another Stella shave, most enjoyable.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday........:)

Morning shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
P&B Imperial Bay Rum Soap.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic.
Gillette Fat Boy (5).
Perma-Sharp (1).
Extro Bay Rum Aftershave.
BBA Balm.

First use of my very own Fat Boy thanks to a hassle free transaction with @micheal. Excellent 3 pass shave. I have tried the Perma-Sharps in 4 different razors now and have had a very comfortable, very close shave on each occasion. On @Emma C. advice I left out my usual Witch Hazel and just used the BBA Balm post shave and I must say, my face is feeling and looking great. Perhaps I will incorporate the Witch Hazel in to my pre bed routine. @Digimonkey I did read somewhere that Extro Afterhaves can be used as an EDT too. The Extro Bay Rum, splashed all over, certainly lasts a good while on me. Enjoy your shaves chaps.

Morning shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
P&B Imperial Bay Rum Soap.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic.
Gillette Fat Boy (5).
Perma-Sharp (1).
Extro Bay Rum Aftershave.
BBA Balm.

First use of my very own Fat Boy thanks to a hassle free transaction with @micheal. Excellent 3 pass shave. I have tried the Perma-Sharps in 4 different razors now and have had a very comfortable, very close shave on each occasion. On @Emma C. advice I left out my usual Witch Hazel and just used the BBA Balm post shave and I must say, my face is feeling and looking great. Perhaps I will incorporate the Witch Hazel in to my pre bed routine. @Digimonkey I did read somewhere that Extro Afterhaves can be used as an EDT too. The Extro Bay Rum, splashed all over, certainly lasts a good while on me. Enjoy your shaves chaps.

Not sure If you've tried it already, but you can also try using the shave oil as a facial oil just before you go to bed. The shave oil is a fantastic product.
I love seeing everyone try not only BBA products but other products in ways they might not have considered in the first place.
Fab Community !

Not sure If you've tried it already, but you can also try using the shave oil as a facial oil just before you go to bed. The shave oil is a fantastic product.
I love seeing everyone try not only BBA products but other products in ways they might not have considered in the first place.
Fab Community !
I have been using the shave oil prior to bed and it has worked exceptionally well. I apply around 30 mins prior to bed to allow the oil to absorb. I really do highly recommend this procedure. :)

Sotd Tuesday 1/8 -

Razor - Progress (3)
Blade - Lodz Polsilver (3)
Brush - Maseto 24mm Finest
Soap - RazoRock Puro
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Extro Tabacco
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - @Boru62 - smoother than a geisha's reiki stones mate. There may be something to shaving just before you go to work. There were two interesting upshots - firstly - my colleague commented as I arrived for the first job of the day that I looked fresh and very clean-shaven. Took me by surprise as I had - at that point - had three hours sleep in the previous two days. Secondly - a complete stranger I was sitting next to - waiting for a court case to call - told me I smelled nice and what was I wearing? Fair enough - you've got to take your compliments where you find them. Made me feel better as internally I felt absolutely dreadful. The Extro Tabacco has a remarkably - for me - persistent scent. It seems to bridge the gap between aftershave and edt - but still safe to put directly on my facial skin. It's almost oily when first applied and it separates in the bottle when not in use. It's the only Extro product I own - I don't know if it's the case with the other varieties. The Arancia version caught my eye. My Italian is rudimentary but I'm pretty sure that means orange. Paired with M&T Wild Oranges? There's a thought. Enjoy your shaves and good night gentlemen - cheers - I.

Can't rember if I've mentioned it before? I have the Extro Bergamotto di Calabria cream, which is an excellent performer.
I'll be buying one of their aftershaves soon too.

Laters
Rob

Wednesday's shave:)

Pre-shave - Shower and face wash with Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by Warm water splash and BBA Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - ATT SE1
Blade - KAI Captain Titan Mild (Pink) (day 3),
Soap - La Toja Soap Stick.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" After Shave, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

A very enjoyable 3 pass shave with the ATT SE1 - WTG, XTG and ATG.

The La Toja was a free gift from Yourshaving.com, when I purchased a Rocnel GEM - a very nice touch and much appreciated :)

Today was my first shave with a soap stick and I went for a face lather, as opposed to shaving the soap into a bowl and then lathering up. I was beginning to wonder if face lathering on top of the BBA Pre-shave oil would be a waste of time - in that would the application of the soap stick, directly onto the pre shave oil, render the oil useless?

A great leather and a fuss free shave - very smooth and efficient, no weepers or issues of any kind. Skin feels very smooth and comfortable.

I really enjoyed rotating back to the ATT SE1 - it felt very familiar, if that makes sense. I have not given up on the Rocnel GEM. I plan to rotate back to the Rocnel in a week, or 2 weeks at the most.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
I like it - it's a much more complex tobacco than - say - Alt Innsbruck. I mean no disservice to the latter, it's also a favourite. From the label of the Extro - translated -

Top - Bergamot
Middle - jasmine, leather, tobacco, ylang ylang
Base - musk, sandalwood, leather, tobacco, amber, icing sugar, incense, moss, clary sage and vanilla.

It's got castor oil in the ingredients list - which would account for the feel going on at first. Also this would explain why my skin likes it so much. Hope this helps - cheers - I.

@Digimonkey Cheers - you have made my mind up. I am going to order up a bottle, will probably wait a few weeks to use down some of my existing stock.

Back
Top Bottom