SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

Pre shave: Bulldog original face scrub, bloom water
Soap: SV Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3
Brush: SV 2.0 High mountain white
Razor: Rockwell 6s (plate 6)
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post shave: Alum, Thayers cucumber witch hazel followed up with cedrat after shave cream gel

36196748761_091185e727_c.jpg

One of those dream shaves where everything falls into place and works perfectly together!

Super smooth, zero irritation after 3 passes. A wonderful shave.

The SV soaps are a joy to use.

Pre: Lots of Cold Water
Brush: Omega 11137
Soap:Wickhams Irish Fern
Razor: Gem/Ever Ready Push Button
Blade: Pal Super Carbon
Afters: Floid Vigoroso AS

I dropped this blade on the floor last time I used it, so approached with caution, one stroke in I realised my worry was groundless. I think this was its last shave though (4th).
First time using this aftershave and now I know why it's so popular, nice old school scent with a hit of menthol and good skin feel.
@Digimonkey this shave left me smoother than Sisyphus' rock, which must surely be a pebble by now :)
IMG_20170802_153020.jpg

Last edited:
Wed 2nd August

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Stirling Baker Street
1/ Mongoose B3 Polished
Feather Pro Super [ 1 ]
2/ Claymore V1
Feather Pro [ 6 ]
Alum rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Just had to try this blade which seems to be favoured by a Few. Initial impression very sharp and unforgiving, started to go ATG on cheeks and was not all comfortable, a few strokes on the neck did not feel good. Decided to abort this totally unpleasant experience, and change Razors.

The Claymore/ Feather Pro came to the rescue, so that I was able to complete the Shave. Was a complete contrast as shaving was easy and smooth, and pleased to say resulted in a Nice close all round finish. As I have nice stock of Blades that suit me, the Pro Supers are already destined for a New Home.

IMG_1465.jpg

this shave left me smoother than Sisyphus' rock, which must surely be a pebble by now

Ohhhh - 'this shave left me smoother than Sisyphus' rock, which must surely be a pebble by now,' - very good my friend. Classical reference - nice. Elegant and erudite. Problematic punctuation handled deftly - ha ha. If you don't win 'simile of the month' with that there is no justice. Consider my cap well and truly doffed to you. cheers - I.

Wednesday 2nd August 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: iKon 101 + OSS Handle
Blade: Derby Premium (#1)
Brush: Plisson pure badger
Cream: Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather
AS: Nivea soothing balm

Just an okay shave today, first shave with a Derby Premium, not a bad blade but not a blade I will buy again. It felt smooth but the result was not as close as I can get with other blades and there was some mild irritation for a short time post shave, will try this blade in the Fatip next to see how it fares.

Last edited:
Ohhhh - 'this shave left me smoother than Sisyphus' rock, which must surely be a pebble by now,' - very good my friend. Classical reference - nice. Elegant and erudite. Problematic punctuation handled deftly - ha ha. If you don't win 'simile of the month' with that there is no justice. Consider my cap well and truly doffed to you. cheers - I.
Thank you. :)
I thought you would appreciate that one. Who knew what stream "a well lapped beach" would lead us down.
We've had orcas, motorpikes and crash helmets, great fun.

f0c31e14b0f06acd6b53f6ade2eb28fd.jpg

First use of the famous Mitchell's Wool Fat... and it was a great debut indeed. Not hard to lather as I was led to believe by some comments online and a great performance giving a very slick and protective surface to the Silverhawk/Feather combo to mow down the whiskers. Superb shave in the end.

Back
Top Bottom