Olive Oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
RazoRock Plague Doctor Soap
New Forest 2222 High Mountain Badger Brush
Supply SE with a Personna (#2)
Cyder Vinegar Homemade Toner
Unrefined Shea Butter
Oudh Al Qamar EDP

3 pass BBS shave. The Plague Doctor soap had a sweet smell which was rather pleasant however my skin may have had a minor reaction to something. I will retry it a couple of times, but this was not the most comfortable shave I have had recently:(

Tuesday 1st August
Semogue 620
OSP Spice Road
Ever Ready Natural Angle - HFT
GEM SSC #1
Alum wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter
snRsgCT.jpg

Nicely efficient was the HFT. It is very good at breaking in a new GEM blade, plus it is so natural to hold. Kudos on the razor design.

Just after this shave my brass General arrived, so my future shave razor has been foretold.

See you then!!!

Tuesday 1st August 2017

sotd 1st Aug.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Wilkinson Economie (#2)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Proraso Blue balm

Super shave today, second time using a Wilkinson Economie blade and it works great in the Fatip Piccolo. I really like this Proraso blue cream, the scent is good and not too strong and the matching balm is equally as good.

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa White pre-share
Soap: Sweyn Forkbeard (Cedarwood & Sandalwood)
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3P)
Blade: Shark (2nd)
Brush:RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum another cold rinse followed by a shower then Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

What a joy!!!

New soap today, Sweyn ForkBeard shaving cream (in a tub like a soft soap) cedarwood and sandalwood. Now the soap does not look the best and I did not lather it properly, (I will admit did not use enough cream, silly me), but heavens, what a great shaving cream, scent is lovely and the slickness and protection is great, even if the lather was waterier than I usually have it. 3 passes and touch up leaving me BBS+

This was one happy man going to work this morning.

Tuesday Evening...

Soap - Cella
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Fatip Piccolo
Blade - Polsilver SI #1
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - Proraso Sandalwood a/s

Wow! First time I matched an assertive blade with a very assertive razor. A tremendous shave ensued, with a real BBS finish. Classic techniques of plenty prep, great lather and more or less letting the heft of the razor do the work gave a smooth and very close result.

I hadn't used the old Cella for a while and it's good to be reminded what a great soap it is.

I'll definetly be pairing the Piccolo and the Polsilver again...
20170801_192851.jpg

Sotd Tuesday 1/8 -

Razor - Progress (3)
Blade - Lodz Polsilver (3)
Brush - Maseto 24mm Finest
Soap - RazoRock Puro
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Extro Tabacco
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - @Boru62 - smoother than a geisha's reiki stones mate. There may be something to shaving just before you go to work. There were two interesting upshots - firstly - my colleague commented as I arrived for the first job of the day that I looked fresh and very clean-shaven. Took me by surprise as I had - at that point - had three hours sleep in the previous two days. Secondly - a complete stranger I was sitting next to - waiting for a court case to call - told me I smelled nice and what was I wearing? Fair enough - you've got to take your compliments where you find them. Made me feel better as internally I felt absolutely dreadful. The Extro Tabacco has a remarkably - for me - persistent scent. It seems to bridge the gap between aftershave and edt - but still safe to put directly on my facial skin. It's almost oily when first applied and it separates in the bottle when not in use. It's the only Extro product I own - I don't know if it's the case with the other varieties. The Arancia version caught my eye. My Italian is rudimentary but I'm pretty sure that means orange. Paired with M&T Wild Oranges? There's a thought. Enjoy your shaves and good night gentlemen - cheers - I.

Sotd Tuesday 1/8 -

Razor - Progress (3)
Blade - Lodz Polsilver (3)
Brush - Maseto 24mm Finest
Soap - RazoRock Puro
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Extro Tabacco
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - @Boru62 - smoother than a geisha's reiki stones mate. There may be something to shaving just before you go to work. There were two interesting upshots - firstly - my colleague commented as I arrived for the first job of the day that I looked fresh and very clean-shaven. Took me by surprise as I had - at that point - had three hours sleep in the previous two days. Secondly - a complete stranger I was sitting next to - waiting for a court case to call - told me I smelled nice and what was I wearing? Fair enough - you've got to take your compliments where you find them. Made me feel better as internally I felt absolutely dreadful. The Extro Tabacco has a remarkably - for me - persistent scent. It seems to bridge the gap between aftershave and edt - but still safe to put directly on my facial skin. It's almost oily when first applied and it separates in the bottle when not in use. It's the only Extro product I own - I don't know if it's the case with the other varieties. The Arancia version caught my eye. My Italian is rudimentary but I'm pretty sure that means orange. Paired with M&T Wild Oranges? There's a thought. Enjoy your shaves and good night gentlemen - cheers - I.

@Digimonkey the Extro Tabacco sounds top drawer.

Tuesday 1st August
Semogue 620
OSP Spice Road
Ever Ready Natural Angle - HFT
GEM SSC #1
Alum wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter
snRsgCT.jpg

Nicely efficient was the HFT. It is very good at breaking in a new GEM blade, plus it is so natural to hold. Kudos on the razor design.

Just after this shave my brass General arrived, so my future shave razor has been foretold.

See you then!!!
I have a huge smile on my face after seeing your Pic mate and particularly loving the razor. :D
Love it and thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom