SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

I have a couple of those older Corrux blades with the blue wraper and no rust just some thick old oil covering the blade and after cleaning the oil off they were perfect, if they are showing a lack of age it probably means they have been stored somewhere dry, give the a try on you leg or arm or send them to me if you don't fancy them! :)
Ahh...so that accounts for the oily smell every time I open the box...:)

jDVhHnP.jpg

Dp18YTC.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Wester Bros Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Honey Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Cracking Shave Today with My Wester Bros Solingen 5/8th..It Has a Very Thin Grind this SR & its an Impeccable Shaver with a Surgical Black Arkansas Edge..This is a Luxurious Shaver & Treasure of My Collection..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

jDVhHnP.jpg

Dp18YTC.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Wester Bros Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Honey Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Cracking Shave Today with My Wester Bros Solingen 5/8th..It Has a Very Thin Grind this SR & its an Impeccable Shaver with a Surgical Black Arkansas Edge..This is a Luxurious Shaver & Treasure of My Collection..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy
That is a stunning looking razor Billy :)

Monday Evening...

Soap - OSP Neroli
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 'Peerless'
Blade - Gem Personna
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - 4711 EdC

Excellent shave tonight. BBS with one touch-up under the chin. The OSP did the business as usual. I like the 'Peerless'; it's a light one because of the aluminium handle, but it gives great grip.

Neroli notes picked up by those in the 4711. Job done.
View attachment 27606
Hi Stephen,
Lovely razor in the picture, but it is one from the Bathroom set . The Peerless is also Aluminium but looks
like chain link design. I prefer the looks of that one you have just used.
Hope all is well with you.
Mike B

View attachment 27612 ~SOTD~ 1st August Tuesday

@mpf9ret check it out Mike, it's all as it should be, beautiful ! :)

Prep....Shower~MWF soap
Razor....ER 1912, Made in England
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux circa 1970
Soap....Schermonnik~Soek
Brush....Razorock Synthetic Silvertip
Post.... BBA PS Balm, Jojoba oil
Scent...Tom Ford Tabacco Vanillie. Oil Mr Perfume

Still using the Pass-around soap Schermonnik ~ Soek, a great soap with a very spicy scent and gives a great lather and protection.
I knew my shave was going to be a good one, how could it not, a vintage 1912 fitted out with a vintage Corrux blade and some good soap which I face lathered with the super soft Razorock synth silvertip.
As expected the shave was fantastic the blade was made for this razor and made short work of my stubble and left me smooth to the touch and zero irritation.
I finnished off with my PS ritual followed by a application of the heady Tabacco Vanillie, feeling,looking and smelling great. :)

Wishing you all a great first day of August.......:)
Paul,
It looks great. Can I have it back !!;) A real beauty and one to be proud of.Appreciate the Post.
Mike
PS Think I have found a good box for the 1914s,

Tues 1st Aug

Vulfix 404 mixed
Tabac Soap
Mongoose B3 -satin
Feather Pro [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

My 12th Shave in with the Mongoose, was a bit good. Face lathered after getting soap direct from the Bowl, this little brush allows you to really work the lather in, possessing a nice degree of firmness with soft tips.

With the aid of this lather, the Shave was easy smooth and close all round, probably one of my beat ever Shaves. Was sceptical when I read of this razor many moons ago, but having used it agree with those who praised it. Provided you have a light touch it will deliver a really good trouble free shave. Aggressive it isn't, Efficient it is !. What to use next now this going on loan? Lucky me the Shiny one arrived at Lunch time;)

IMG_1453.jpg

@Blademonkey Cheers. I was most surprised with the build up and the effect on the blade - I had to look twice.

The ATT GEM should be out soon, if not already. I wonder how that razor will fare?

All the best.

Chris
It should be a very good razor as all ATT razors are, if it will be any better than the Blackland Sabre I don't know......and I've been moved up the list for the Rocnel SE so should be shaving with it soon :)
Thanks for your reports, they have been not only very interesting but informative too. All the best P.

Pre: Cold water
Brush: Semogue 2000
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: WS Empire
Blade: Hollow Ground
Afters: Vitamin E oil, Proraso Red

After piffing my Proraso Red to my son, I finally got round to replacing it.
I'd forgotten how much I like the scent and performance of this soap.
A very comfortable wtg, xtg shave.
IMG_20170801_160431.jpg

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
Tabac Soap.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Merkur 37C.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Tabac Aftershave.
BBA Balm.

First use of the BBA products thanks to the generosity of @Emma C. I will have to experiment a little with the oil to see if it makes a discernible difference to the glide of the shave. But the balm was fantastic! I have tended not to use balms because I don't much like the feel on my skin. But the BBA balm absorbed in to my face almost immediately and left my skin feeling noticeably more moisturised. A 3 pass shave for BBS. Not a hint of irritation, and my skin looks and feels great. Have a good weekend gents!
The balm has got witch hazel in it. It's designed to protect the skin and close your pores.
Try it as the only product you use after shaving. Let it really shine!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom