SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

You have been taking some lovely pictures of late Wayne, well done. You put my plain pictures to shame.....I must try harder! :)
Evening Paul,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it is always much appreciated.

Your SOTD reviews and pics are up there with the best IMO.
I truly have gained so much knowledge from them.

Looking forward to tomorrow. :)

Take care my friend,
Wayne

20170731_211143.jpg

Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Razor blade: GEM Personna (4)
Brush: Thater 4125/3
Cream: Floris 89 (Sample)*
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm

Second shave with the 1912. Another good shave but I think the edge is going on the blade after 4 uses. I needed few touch-ups on the neck and the corner of my mouth.

*Another sample courtesy of @Acer89
Another good performer, the scent was great too and nice face feel too. Thanks James.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
FjGVX13.jpg

Kanayama Cordovan | R.Saito 1k | Wickham 1912 'Classic 24' | Fine Platinum​

View attachment 27610

Second shave with the 1912. Another good shave but I think the edge is going on the blade after 4 uses. I needed few touch-ups on the neck and the corner of my mouth.

Another good performer, the scent was great too and nice face feel too. Thanks James.

Cheers
Rob
My next shave with the 1912 will be coincidently using the Gem for the fourth time. It will be interesting to compare the outcome.
Thanks for sharing Rob.

Ps. Is there any chance you would swap your brushes for mine? You will be onto a good deal there mate. Honest Guv. :rolleyes::D

View attachment 27610

Cheers
Rob
My next shave with the 1912 will be coincidently using the Gem for the fourth time. It will be interesting to compare the outcome.
Thanks for sharing Rob.

Ps. Is there any chance you would swap your brushes for mine? You will be onto a good deal there mate. Honest Guv. :rolleyes::D

Last stop for the BIC on the holiday tour is the Jaws-Mastiff head . After yesterday's rough performance in the Mastiff I tossed the suspect blade, and the fresh BIC with the swapped Jaws baseplate was just stellar in the Frankenhead. Two pass plus BBS, no new weepers. Best shave yet with my new yellow wrappered friend.
a558772362ec075b2faa9bdf83627c5d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 1st August Tuesday

@mpf9ret check it out Mike, it's all as it should be, beautiful ! :)

Prep....Shower~MWF soap
Razor....ER 1912, Made in England
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux circa 1970
Soap....Schermonnik~Soek
Brush....Razorock Synthetic Silvertip
Post.... BBA PS Balm, Jojoba oil
Scent...Tom Ford Tabacco Vanillie. Oil Mr Perfume

Still using the Pass-around soap Schermonnik ~ Soek, a great soap with a very spicy scent and gives a great lather and protection.
I knew my shave was going to be a good one, how could it not, a vintage 1912 fitted out with a vintage Corrux blade and some good soap which I face lathered with the super soft Razorock synth silvertip.
As expected the shave was fantastic the blade was made for this razor and made short work of my stubble and left me smooth to the touch and zero irritation.
I finnished off with my PS ritual followed by a application of the heady Tabacco Vanillie, feeling,looking and smelling great. :)

Wishing you all a great first day of August.......:)

Last edited:
View attachment 27612 ~SOTD~ 1st August Tuesday

@mpf9ret check it out, it's all as it should be, beautiful ! :)

Prep....Shower~MawF soap
Razor....ER 1912, Made in England
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux
Soap....Schermonnik~Soek
Brush....Razorock Synthetic Silvertip
Post.... BBA PS Balm, Jojoba oil
Scent...Tom Ford Tabbacco Vanillie. Oil Mr Perfume

Still using the Pass-around soap Schermonnik ~ Soek, a great soap with a very spicy scent and gives a great lather and protection.
I knew my shave was going to be a good one, how could it not, a vintage 1912 fitted out with a vintage Corrux blade and some good soap which I face lathered with the super soft Razorock synth silvertip.
As expected the shave was fantastic the blade was made for this razor and made short work of my stubble and left me smooth to the touch and zero irritation.
I finnished off with my PS ritual followed by a application of the heady Tabbacco Vanillie, feeling,looking and smelling great. :)

Wishing you all a great first day of August.......:)

Greetings Paul
Your shave is a good example of the lottery that old carbon blades are, my Corrux blades look great but wouldn't cut butter, neither the Chromox or Feox pasted strops would revive them, in desperation I put one on the 12k Naniwa and eventually breathed some life into it! These were great blades once it's all about where they have been for the last 50 plus years!

Regards
Dick.

Greetings Paul
Your shave is a good example of the lottery that old carbon blades are, my Corrux blades look great but wouldn't cut butter, neither the Chromox or Feox pasted strops would revive them, in desperation I put one on the 12k Naniwa and eventually breathed some life into it! These were great blades once it's all about where they have been for the last 50 plus years!

Regards
Dick.
Very true, the outer box looked in good condition so I took a gamble and it paid off, as soon as I got them I got a blade from the box a put another bald spot on my leg! :)

Back
Top Bottom