Snuff

Bechet45 said:
It occurs to me that snuffing isn't as cheap as I'd thought! £3.16 for four to six days tobacco is one thing, but the cost of the balm tissues I go through is quite another! I

(My fingers have become dyslexic this afternoon!)

Hiya doin Carl,

First, about those fingers. What's the saying about a workman blaming his tools? Nuff said.

So what the hell are balm tissues? Jeeez, gimme a damn break. Buying many balm tissues now?

I always visualize you stopping on the sidewalk somewhere when you need to honk your schnozz wetly. You hold one nostril closed, lean forward and go nuts blowing outta the remaining hole. Then you repeat the process on the other nostril. Then a quick wipe off on a sleeve and on your way again.

Am I wrong here?

Martin

dodgy said:
I always visualize you stopping on the sidewalk somewhere when you need to honk your schnozz wetly. You hold one nostril closed, lean forward and go nuts blowing outta the remaining hole. Then you repeat the process on the other nostril. Then a quick wipe off on a sleeve and on your way again.

Am I wrong here?

Martin

Oh! very wrong, old buddy! First, I don't toot outside. Second, I need both hands for my sticks. Third, the dog fouling police would be on my case in an instant. This is a free country, you know - provided you abide by all the Rules.

Bechet45 said:
dodgy said:
I always visualize you stopping on the sidewalk somewhere when you need to honk your schnozz wetly.

Oh! very wrong, old buddy! First, I don't toot outside. Second, I need both hands for my sticks. Third, the dog fouling police would be on my case in an instant. This is a free country, you know - provided you abide by all the Rules.

I was just wiltin your Stilton there of course, Carl,

With Limey's being so afraid to offend, there's no way you guys would subject innocent bystanders to such a grotesque display.

Hey, are those 'sticks' the custom made ones? If so, there's no need to be modest about em. They have the ability, when brandished at the right time, to make people do little chores for you!! Magical.

I keep telling you about finding a nice attention getting scabbard to sling over your shoulder. Something with a Confederate flag on it maybe.

Martin

I don't understand why the Confederate flag wasn't made illegal decades ago - except you're all American and have no problem with offending the sensibilities of the rest of the world about pretty much everything! No - anything and everything.

I hear tell you find Cannucks to be overly polite, too, whereas we think they are American except for living further north and having slightly different vowel sounds. Oh! and prohibition. You both have a French influence, too!

Confederate flag, indeed!

Bechet45 said:
you're all American and have no problem with offending the sensibilities of the rest of the world about pretty much everything! No - anything and everything.

I hear tell you find Cannucks to be overly polite, too,

Oh! and prohibition.

So yes regarding Yankers and the offending everyone idea. I am guessing you are commenting positively about the obvious lack of discrimination towards offending any particular group. Thanks!!!

I usta have a Canadian girlfriend for way over a year. Worked and lived there years later for a short while. Now that you mention it, the Canucks do resemble Limeys in some ways such as politeness. Oh, hockey players are an exception.

Prohibition had its niche businesses spring up and there were lots of ways to make money. If I was gonna sell alcohol and wanted some kicks doing it, my choice would be rum running. Now that was an interesting bunch of people who operated often in warm weather spots . Yeah, even the name sounds kinda 'Piraty'...heh.

Here's the link and thanks for the compliments buddy,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rum-running

Martin

Now you mention rum-running, I am aware of certain ships trading the AMANZ route - America, Australia, New Zealand - in days gone by would buy up all things techie and electronic in the States and distribute them among the rich in Kiwi. Very lucrative business - or so I was told.

Oranges from Australia to the Philippines was worth a fortune. Again, allegedly.

British charm and courtesy went down well both sides of the 49th. I can avow.

In those days, all I knew about snuff was that my Grandparents took it and that it made me sneeze. Hmmmm! - maybe that was before I went to sea.

dodgy said:

A sublime picture, Mart!

Bechet45 said:
I don't understand why the Confederate flag wasn't made illegal decades ago - except you're all American and have no problem with offending the sensibilities of the rest of the world about pretty much everything! No - anything and everything.

I hear tell you find Cannucks to be overly polite, too, whereas we think they are American except for living further north and having slightly different vowel sounds. Oh! and prohibition. You both have a French influence, too!

My apology - I neglected to mention the notable exceptions to my wild generalisation. Every American I have met in America barring a very few have been wonderful people - warm, kind hearted and spirited, generous. So let's blame your politicians! I expect we can quickly reach agreement that way.

Have you noticed how Viking Dark has been getting lighter, finer and drier? By last night, I had a quarter of a tin left that was just dry powder but instead of binning it - nothing to lose - I tried spraying it with water. I set to spray the ebay spray/mister I use when ironing my shirts and gave the tin two squirts at a half meter range, having first leveled the contents evenly across the bottom. After a night's sleep, I tried it this morning - dark, moist, tobacco pungent - revived!

Next time I do this, I'll make sure that the sides of the tin are snuff free. It's on there as if glued!

Bechet45 said:
Bechet45 said:

My apology - I neglected to mention the notable exceptions to my wild generalisation. Every American I have met in America barring a very few have been wonderful people - warm, kind hearted and spirited, generous. So let's blame your politicians! I expect we can quickly reach agreement that way.

You'll be having a chance to met one more this summer. My daughter will be going over with a group of students after school lets out. Mostly London and then a few countries in Europe. Should be interesting to see what she thinks of the UK!

Just to say how much I love taking snuff while drinking my first pot of coffee of the day and catching up with TSR posts. Ain't life good if you sin a little, if taking pleasure is a sin?

Harmless pleasure sinfull, Nope, lost me on that one Big Bro B. My own mug of strong Rainforest coffee first thing ... now that is so enjoyable it truly does verge on the forbidden !

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/

Back
Top Bottom