Snuff

A new game for snuffers - or for me, anyway. Get yourself a Novocaine injection - or whatever dentists use nowadays - into your gums right beneath a nostril. Have your dental work done, go back to your car or the bus stop and try to take snuff! It's as much fun as trying to drink tea after a trip to the dentist! Can't feel a thing, is the snuff in your nose or blowing away on the wind?

What can I tell you? My other nostril is working snuff overtime this evening!

New to me, still not a favorite, but I'm working on it: Poschl's Gletscher Prise. Slight menthol with a mild forest sent. Thought it would be nice for the winter.

Has anyone else had a problem with Viking Dark recently? A recent delivery is finer and drier than I'm accustomed to and blocks my nose very easily - two of four tins that I've opened. Same tobacco and taste, just finer and drier - and I'm not a fan.

Not the Irish Toast, I hope! That really isn't for first toot!

"Sniff" sounds a bit heavy - I say, "huff" - a gentle in drawing, not to get the snuff into your sinuses (impossible with Toast for me).

You might have worked out already that an increased order for facial tissues is in order!

Enjoy your new hobby - and it's easy to stop, I've done it several times already!!

I haven't been on the snuff for a couple of months but found a tub of Macuba and decided to stick about half a gram up my nose. With the pint of strong coffee I just had with it I can say the results are profound.

I'll dig the others out and have a few toots for Christmas.

I've decided that the Irish Toast is not for me! Would anyone be up for a trade? It's one of the small tins, used 2-3 times? Ideally I'd like something a bit more easy going but I don't know enough about snuff to know what I'm after, if that makes sense. I'm using a McChrysyals medicated currently and enjoying it! From what I've read, something medium grind and damp seems to be a good option. Thanks.

Small tins are pretty much throw away compared to postage - unless you trade a collection of not-liked experiments.

The medium grind, damp snuff you describe is probably Viking Dark - and thhe one several of us settled on as a 'go-to' snuff. I use it exclusively nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom