Snuff

Well, I think he's gone and got himself magically snowed under in the mailing department - or is that transcendentally predictable? Mine is still not dispatched and the more it isn't dispatched the more I'm craving it! Which means two tins of Viking Dark from MySmokingShop which are dispatched - within an hour or so of ordering.

If I take the snuff when it arrives - tomorrow, please tomorrow - does that mean I failed to give up snuff - or does it mean I gave up snuff and have become an occasional user?

If the transcendental snuff turns out to be shite imo I shall be well pissed - being enabled by pretentious gobshite is an indictment indeed!

All it will mean Big Bro B is that you are asserting your right, as a rational human being, to allow youself an occasional and rationed treat. I look forward to reading your transcendental account of journeys beyond the doors of perception after you have floated your powerfull brain in a sea of powdered tobacco.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/

Well. It arrived... I believe that it was one of Danes Nursery Rhymes that sumed it all up... " But he has Nothing on!"
Seems that the best I can say about the Emperor's New Clothes is that there's Nothing to it.
Given it may need to 'Decant' but out of the jar... There's nothing to it.

So this snuff turns out to be snuff, eh - and all that bollix written about it was designed to get us to buy this snuff? Worked on me! Bollix!

Transcendental! You just gotta know this is crap wrapped up pretty - and knowing this I went ahead and bought. Bollix!

So yes! - I had been expecting snuff a little different, at least a good one. Bollix! They weren't even subtle. They were fucking obvious! Bollix!

On that I am in limbo - told to please pay by BACS so I did but they didn't check their account till I asked about my order and by then all the Prince Regent was gone so I asked for a refund so they stopped talking to me in the hope that someone returns a bottle of Prince Regent so I am now without my snuff and without my money also - Good Ol' Mr Snuff. Hoo fecking rah!

However, a tin and a half of Viking Dark further down the road of my snuff career and I have given up again, or some more, as of 10 o'clock last night! This time I shall keep some snuff to hand - well out of site and mind - so I only have to deal with lovely cravings one at a time and not as a general whole, which is big licks.

My sinuses are just plain not designed for frequent clogging with brown powder and so I have ceased tempting fate by stuffing huge and vast quantities of nicotine laden brown powder up my nose. Long may it last! One relapse down, how many to go?

Hello all, still snuffing. On clogging. Rinse out the nostrils each shower. I start the morning with Red Bull that seems to open up everything for me.
Using mainly the Viking Snuffs. Add a little RB to it to stop any nasal dry out.
Nicotine Rush... Still happens, not sure what kicks it off.

On my second day of failing to give it up but I have cut down - mainly by ensuring the snuff tin is not by my side.

Cutting way down has solved the clogging problem - though I still wash out when I shower - and ensures a rush at every toke.

Once more round the Circle of Change, then - I've set it to minimum revs!

This habit really sounds unpleasant, "washing out in the shower". However being an ex smoker I understand, it's a habit! Not one that I would be tempted to take up in my late 40's though
One mans poison...

Well, it's tobacco so it ain't gonna be good, now is it? The habit - like smoking - feels very good. After that, with snuff you get to blow your nose clean or wash it out if you over-indulge. No stink, no clouds of obnoxious secondary snuff, not linked to cancer except in a very small way - statistically. You can do it in public places and buildings, in bars, in the work place, at the movies.

If you gotta have a tobacco habit, this one is good. I'd rather not, though, so it will go.

Still snuffing and now growing a moustache - and the latter is already showing signs of being a problem. Well - I suppose really the problem is cascading snuff when I don't get it into my nose correctly - not a problem when you are clean shave other than a bit of dusting/wiping down surfaces/table tops. You see where I'm going already?

Apart from using masking tape, how in the hell do you keep a moustache free from snuff - especially if you use a dry, powdery snuff or Viking Dark at the end of a tin?

I've just been using a bullet. Either in the nostril or using it to measure a "box car" and sniff. With the dry, the box car method seems to work better as it eliminates any burn.
Good luck.

ps... I do dye the mustache so it really doesn't show. Probably be a problem if I left it white.

Johnus said:
ps... I do dye the mustache so it really doesn't show. Probably be a problem if I left it white.

Standard hair dye or is/are there dye specifically for moustsches - little green and orange dots in there already? I fancy being a red-head under my nose!

Use "Just for Men". As I have to touch up the mustache before the hair I use their Beard and Mustache product. Then for the hair I use their standard hair product. In the us they cost about 8$ each. The hair is for one treatment the B&M will last a 4-5 touch ups.

Well whodda thunk? It's even on sale here in UK! Moustache colour will be of concern but hair colour isn't - manly because the hair isn't..

Thanks, John!

A more prudent man might well argue to wait and see before spending on the 'tache which exists only as an unshaven upper lip at the moment. But a 'tache comb and the first wax - Murdock's, no less - just arrived and several other waxes, as recommended by our resident 'tache expert (the one with ridiculously large testicles), are on their various ways. My theory is that if I have spent on the 'tache then I'll more easily get through the hard parts of growing and owning a 'tache - itchiness and inevitable piss-taking and disapproval.

Back
Top Bottom